electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone. Lacking knowledge looking for advice on artists
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Alotsa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Hi everyone. Lacking knowledge looking for advice on artists Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey everyone Nice to meet you. I registered and am introducing myself looking for some advice on finding artists and or styles I might like.

I do not know much about electronic, other than I am somewhat particular, that I really enjoy it, and I know what sounds I like. So instead of trying to describe what I like I was hoping to give you some examples of artists I enjoy and see if anyone can give me more information on the styles I like and offer some suggestions for me to explore.

Artists:
Pan-Pot (these are the artists that has sparked my most recent and strongest affection for EDM)

JULIAN JEWEIL

Joseph Capriati

haha i guess that's it Like i said i haven't paid close attention to artists or collecting music till now, so I have enjoyed many others but dont have names. Basically anything like Pan-Pot is what im looking for.
A E J O T Z

Audio files: 148

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not into dance music at all.

But synthesizer pioneers I think everyone should be aware of are Isao Tomita (especially the albums "Snowflakes are Dancing" and ""The Planets") and Synergy (especially the album "Electronic Realizations for Rock Orchestra").

Tomita was possibly the first to tailor synth sounds to the parts they were playing (as opposed to just playing familiar music with funny noises... sorry W.C.) and Larry Fast (Synergy) went further to write music FOR the synthesizer instead of just adapting existing music to that instrument.

AEJOTZ plays some nice stuff too, I've heard... ::cough cough::

free albums at http://aejotz.bandcamp.com
listen to genre-defying synthetic music at http://sat-5.com
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Jump to: