electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Can't find any Twin T type CMOS drum circuits
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
gasboss775

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject:  Can't find any Twin T type CMOS drum circuits
Subject description: Looking for directions
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've just started posting here, though have visited the site frequently.

Trying to find schematics of simple twin T oscillators using 4069 hex inverters for use in percussion circuits. Despite my efforts I can't find anything on here, can anyone help?
synaesthesia

Audio files: 85

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, you can find a 4069 drum circuit in two episodes of the Logic Noise CMOS synth series at Hackaday.com. Links are in this forum at http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-63926.html
If you can use a 40106 as well, see my post at http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-65689.html
gasboss775

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

synaesthesia wrote:
Hi, you can find a 4069 drum circuit in two episodes of the Logic Noise CMOS synth series at Hackaday.com. Links are in this forum at http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-63926.html
If you can use a 40106 as well, see my post at http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-65689.html

Thanks synaesthesia. The hackaday stuff is good, but I'd had trouble finding the article on 4069 drums. I already understand the principle of it, having built such circuits around opamps, but just wanted a practical circuit using the 4069, as a starting point for experimentation.

The page is now book marked. I have a healthy collection of 4069 chips, at least 15, hope to get started on some more drum circuits soon.
AlanP

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC, Phobos posted a RGBDrums project.

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-392036.html#392036
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Psyingo made a full CMOS Modular Drum Machine which included some Twin-T's.
All the links are dead though Crying or Very sad , but maybe you could ask him about it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gasboss775

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: CMOS drum machine Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
All the links are dead though Crying or Very sad , but maybe you could ask him about it.

Thanks PHOBoS. I've sent him a private message.

GB.
gasboss775

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: Link Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Found another relevant thread: HERE
gasboss775

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:

Would love to have seen this PHOBoS. I sent him a message last year but never got a reply do you know if he ever comes on here any more. Also, do you know of anyone else who has built a CMOS drum machine?
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks like the last time he posted something was in 2013, I might have seen him in the chatroom later than that though.
Maybe you could try the email in his profile info but I have no idea if that is still valid. I actually wonder if I saved the project
somewhere, will have a look but it if I have it it is probably buried somewhere on an older harddrive.

As for another drummachine, Cynosure designed the UM-TSS which uses some cmos chips. And, as alan already mentioned,
I made the RGB Shroom drums which I like quite a lot. You might have to experiment a bit with the values though as they
are dependent on the supply voltage. The high bongo self-oscillates at certain settings with my current supply but that can
be a nice effect sometimes. I think the bass drum is really nice especially combined with a bit more punchier kick.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gasboss775

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
It looks like the last time he posted something was in 2013, I might have seen him in the chatroom later than that though.
Maybe you could try the email in his profile info but I have no idea if that is still valid. I actually wonder if I saved the project
somewhere, will have a look but it if I have it it is probably buried somewhere on an older harddrive.

PHOBoS I have sent you a private message regarding Psyingos drums.

Quote:
As for another drummachine, Cynosure designed the UM-TSS which uses some cmos chips. And, as alan already mentioned,
I made the RGB Shroom drums which I like quite a lot. You might have to experiment a bit with the values though as they
are dependent on the supply voltage. The high bongo self-oscillates at certain settings with my current supply but that can
be a nice effect sometimes. I think the bass drum is really nice especially combined with a bit more punchier kick.

Thanks, I am going to try out your RGB drums and the Cynosure ones, though I think I seen them around 2012 when I was on here under another user name, I don't think I ever actually tried out his circuit's. Synaesthesia has also posted a few simple CMOS drums which I will also try out.
Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, Psyingo disappeared. He still posts the occasional video synthesis video on Youtube, but he doesn't reply to the comments there too. Sad

His drum synth was really cool. I got to check it out in person before he went awal.

Try a regular OTA schematic, replace the opamp with a 4069, and adjust as to get the desired sound.

pbalj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

psyingo exists only in the video realm.
J-chot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here's some

RUIN 4 drums 4011.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.79 KB
 Viewed:  596 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

RUIN 4 drums 4011.png

RUIN noise percussion.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  82.66 KB
 Viewed:  487 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

RUIN noise percussion.png

gasboss775

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks J Chot.

I've seen those 4011 based circuits before but not the other one using discrete components, will need to give it a try.
J-chot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those are psyingo, aka Phil B.'s schematics, btw
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: