electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Soft synths
Omnisphere 2 programming question...
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
DES

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Omnisphere 2 programming question... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been using O2 a lot with my Linnstrument. As such I've been looking at adapting various patches for use with it. One patch is a variation on one of the pedal steel patches. It sounds pretty good now but what I'm looking to do is control the attack time with velocity. The end result is hopefully a patch where if I play softly I'll get a very slow attack...sort of like an Ebow. Possibly use pressure to modulate volume of the patch as well. Then if I play with higher velocity the attack becomes real fast..like picking. What I' looking for is the parameter I would route the velocity signal to in the envelope generator to adjust the attack time. Thinking about this I'm wondering if it would be better to route the velocity parameter to the amp section..

Any O2 users have any ideas?

Dave

BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not near omnispere now but you probably need velocity to attack time (negative) and pressure to sustain, l will gave a look tomorrow...
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just had a bit of a play, the env modulation is weird.

If you set you env to be slow and route velocity to "amp env speed" you can speed them up but it effects A D and R.

Mapping aftertouch to Amplitude works fine for the pressure.

I will look into the Env trim modulation dests, they don't seem to do much....
DES

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for looking at this. I was hoping that I could just right-click the Attack control and route a signal to it but oddly enough they don't seem to allow that. Would make it so easy to do what I want. I'll keep messing with it. Hopefully will hear something from Spectrasonics...
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you get a reply for this?

I have tried using the Amp Attack Trim and it works but it also effects amplitude even when velocity control of amplitude is turned off.
DES

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So far nothing. I might put a message on the Spectrasonics Yahoo group. Its pretty dead though...
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You would think it was easy wouldn't you!
DES

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I've been exchanging email with Chris from Spectrasonics. Seems there is a way to do this. In the mod matrix you select Velocity as the source and set its level up all the way and set destination to Envelope-AmpAttackEnvelope (not sure what the exact names are as I'm on the iPad at the moment) and adjust it as needed. Set the actual attack envelope for the amp to a slower attack and there ya go.

It's not working smooth for me at the moment but that might be because of the velocity response/curve of the Linnstrument. I just updated to 1.2.5 on it so will look into that or just try it with a keyboard. Alternatively maybe inverting the velocity and setting the attack time to short.... I dunno, got to get back on the computer and play some more...

Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Soft synths
Jump to: