electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
EMF2K16
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
rinserepeat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject: EMF2K16 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just wanted to thank everyone involved for putting on another great show. Sad that the NE will not host anymore, but I was glad to get out to the greenkill location finally. Definitely a beautiful site. Thanks to all the volunteers, to Howard, Greg and Hong, Tony Gerber, Bryan Burnett, Charles Shriner and really everyone. It was truly special.
Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll second this note of thanks. I suppose it's ironic that I didn't make it this weekend (I missed only the first one in 2005 and the last one in 2016) partly because numerous EM-inspired student research activities, on top of my 12-credit teaching load, make attending in September hard. I am working with students on spatial sound and data sonification and machine listening and graphics programming, in no small part because of the contributions to my skills by Howard and Greg and Hong and Genevieve and Julie and Steve and Jaymie and Michael O'Bannon and State Machine and tons of other electro-music festival contributors over the years.

thanks I know there will be regional events here in the NE, and we have not seen the last of the Kutztown University Computer Music & Visualization Conferences, but I am going to miss electro-music classic.

PS: Having the stream and chat this weekend was wonderful. It was my first EM via the Internet. Cool

Dale

rinserepeat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also Steve and Jaymie from project ruori, Kevin Kissinger, the folks from UT and many more. A very special time indeed.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: EMF2K16 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rinserepeat wrote:
[...]Sad that the NE will not host anymore [...]

But also see : http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-67519.html

Anyway, I thought the event was a week later .. so I missed the first day .. but the other two days were great to listen to on the radio Smile

And I would also like to thank wmonk for keeping the chat server going while he really had to move house and take the server down instead or would have had .. english Confused

Banjo

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must second the thanks to wmonk for keeping the stream going for the event. The social aspect of E.M. is equally if not more important than hearing participating in the performances. It was so good to be connected to the community, even though I was not able to attend this year.

A big thank you to everyone involved in running the event, performing, and participating in the chat room!!
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: