electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Kyma
Kyma as an effects processor
Page 2 of 2 [27 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
paugui

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 37

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So... I finally got my Kyma!!!

Despite I haven't been able to do that much with it yet, but first impressions are really good and it seems to be a really really amazing system!

The few effects I tried are definitely top notch, and I'm sure I'm gonna use it all the time to process my synths Wink

One thing I am wondering is how good is it for compression and other type of dynamic effects?

That is one area in my setup that I am really lacking and that I was hoping the Kyma would do good to help me improving the sound quality of my records, so I wouldn't have to search for a good analog compressor, gates and other related effects...

My idea was to add an analog mixer with individual outputs per channel to my setup (which would give me good preamps and EQs), connect it to my Capybara 320 (which would do the dynamics processing), and then send the different channels into my RME Fireface 800.
I should be able to record up to 8 channels that way, if I can find an I/O board for my Capybara 320 (which is fully expanded in terms of DSPs, but unfortunately doesn't have the second I/O board...).
It wouldn't be that much, but should be decent for most task and I would hope that to give me top notch quality.

Does this seem a good idea?

Also, has anyone done a tutorial on how to sample a reverb with Kyma?

I would really like to do that for my Lexicon PCM60, since I can't really change the parameters on it in realtime, but rather access different presets with different values for the parameters.
I think it should be possible to get interesting results for it, so I was thinking it would be a great idea to do that Smile

If a tutorial is available for that, it would be really amazing!

All the best

Paulo
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats Paulo :-)

I think you can better ask on the Kyma forum at symbolic sound, not that there are no Kyma people here, but there are many more over there.

Page 2 of 2 [27 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Kyma
Jump to: