electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Wacky, Zany, Weird (and possibly Odd) Sound Maker Project
Page 2 of 9 [206 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 7, 8, 9 Next
adhdboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK. I'll check it out and post the results as soon as possible.

Cheers

ladislaobiro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While waiting for a (hopefully positive) response from Ray, anyone etched a board and tested the circuit? were you guys brave enough? Smile
ladislao
Wild Zebra

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry not yet. I'm so broke I'm trying to scrape enough money to order
switches and jacks for the soundlab I've been slowly but surely piecing together. As soon as I get get a chance, but hopefully some will soon.

ladislaobiro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wild Zebra wrote:
Sorry not yet.

no problem Wild Zebra...
in the next few days I will etch myself a PCB based on my layout so I'll definitely understand if my board really works or not...
I will keep you updated.
bye
ladislao
adhdboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi All

I thought I would have time to look over Lorenzo's board layout but I can see that I'm not. Too many things going on to do it so sorry but I have to bow out.

If someone wants to do it I suggest printing the schematic and then printing the layout and just verifying each and every connection one at a time. Mark a segment on the schematic with a highlighter and then see if the segment exists in the PC layout and is not touching anything else. Typically after I make a layout I make a board myself to see if its correct so that is another alternative.

Cheers

Ray

ladislaobiro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adhdboy wrote:
Hi All
I thought I would have time to look over Lorenzo's board layout but I can see that I'm not. Too many things going on to do it so sorry but I have to bow out.

no problem Ray, I perfectly understand what you say 'cause I'm facing the same situation... I designed my layout more than a week ago and didn't find the time to etch my own board yet due to many other things to do...
It seems that this weekend I will have some time to spend on the WSG, so I will probably be able to build and test the circuit.
I will keep you updated.

adhdboy wrote:
If someone wants to do it I suggest printing the schematic and then printing the layout and just verifying each and every connection one at a time. Mark a segment on the schematic with a highlighter and then see if the segment exists in the PC layout and is not touching anything else.

That's exactly what I've done this morning for the 10th time, and it looks like the layout is definitely correct.
I will post the results of my tests here as soon as possible.

bye
ladislao
ladislaobiro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ladislaobiro wrote:
I will post the results of my tests here as soon as possible.

Hi all,
yesterday I finally finished my WSG, and it works just fine... no doubt about the PCB layout: it is definitely correct...
I will post a picture of my circuit in a few hours...
bye
ladislao
ladislaobiro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here we go... here's a couple of pictures of my WSG...
next step will be a search for a nice box (maybe a custom made one)...
bye
ladislao

wsgpic.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  88.32 KB
 Viewed:  15210 Time(s)

wsgpic.jpg

Wild Zebra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet Cool. Just finished my soundlab sortof(I'll be making a post) so that'll be around the bend. It looks real nice, all onboard nice and tidy.
ladislaobiro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks Zebra for your comments, and good luck with your sound lab!!!
ladislao
adhdboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ladislao that is a really nice job! Everything you build is always really precise and well thought out. Thanks for sharing it with the world too.

Cheers and Nicely Done! Very Happy

Ray

ladislaobiro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adhdboy wrote:
Everything you build is always really precise and well thought out. Thanks for sharing it with the world too.

Thanks Ray, it's nice to see you appreciate my job... but I think the one that must be thanked (does this work exist?!?! well, I think you guys understand what I mean) is you for these great projects you make...
thanks again!!! Smile
ladislao
fluxmonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey, i finished putting together my wzw(apo) project last night, using ladislao's pcb layout. really great sounds, the filter is particularly spectacular. will head down to electronic surplus this weekend for the requisite selection of unmatched 1960's knobs. thanks both ray and ladislao!

hardest part was resizing the gif... working on a mac, i had to shrink it 18.5% or something odd like that...

bbob
ladislaobiro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are welcome bbob!!! I'm happy that it worked out fine...
Sorry for the odd dimensions of my GIF, but in order to get a good image quality when reducing the GIF, I had to drew it as big as possible with no care about the scaling percentage...
bye and good knobbing!
ladislao
Wild Zebra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is an PDF. of the WSG. just make sure the Page Scaling is set at none. Make sure you doulble check the size with an IC and let me
know if its OK

wsg.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  wsg.pdf
 Filesize:  15.73 KB
 Downloaded:  423 Time(s)

Wild Zebra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I put this sucker together last night. Sounds pretty WACKY. So the PDF is confirmed. I didn't have enough 1M pots so I used a 100k on the filter it sounds fine, but I'll have to change it later. Only thing I'm wondering is upon listen and comparing to some sound samples I'm not getting that Sqaurewavy on off type modulation or sound. Not sure if my
"zaniness amount" 100k pot is working. I'll have to change it tonight and post results.

So anyway thanks a million ladislaobiro for doing that layout.

opg

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This will be my first sound lab project! I've been looking around for a good one to start with, and I'd love to make the minisynth at the Music From Outer Space Site, but I thought I should start with something smaller. Thanks for posting all the info! I'll put up a picture of mine when I finish.
Wild Zebra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

allright let us now how it goes. The layout absolutely works. So have fun.
opg

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, do you have any advice for an easy way to make the PCB? I would really like to avoid swimming in those "dangerous chemicals."
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

opg wrote:
Actually, do you have any advice for an easy way to make the PCB? I would really like to avoid swimming in those "dangerous chemicals."

Nope- it's smelly chemicals all the way :) Unless you make one up on stripboard- then there are no chemicals involved.

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-7074.html

(the link for the stripboard layout)
Pehr

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yay! Very Happy I just finished my Black Box (Wacky, Zany, Weird (and possibly Odd) Sound Maker) and it sure makes weird sounds! Cool
http://www.garageband.com/artist/loxodrom
http://soundcloud.com/loxodrom
Wild Zebra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet, Looks good. What layout did you use? or did you do your own.
I just finished one about a week ago. I'm fixing to put one of those, a light theremin, and a little mini amp into on box for a little noise maker.
Give to a friend for Christmas.

Pehr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used Lorenzo's with a few modifications ^_^
Wild Zebra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same here. What mods? Anything interesting?
Pehr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no nothing special... just changed the PCB layout so my SPST swithches fitted into it.

Heres a sample of how it sounds... Rolling Eyes

Page 2 of 9 [206 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 7, 8, 9 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Jump to: