electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
My Alesis Andromeda A6 Editor & VST
Page 3 of 4 [85 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Abd al-Rahman al-Sufi

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Cubase vst i Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hlzdnb wrote:
Hi, i've been able to open it as a vst on cubase, basically renaming the dll as andromeda64.dll. Is cubase weird way of finding dll tho , for example i had to rename the fx version as andromed.dll to have it opened. So try to rename the files or move them in different folder, BUT the bad news, is that does not show any gui for both the instument and fx version, it just show the controls like generic editor. Btw pollux i sent you a pm. Really looking forward to the development of this!

which cubase version please?
And os?
Thank you
hlzdnb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cubase 8.5 on win 7 64 bit
Pollux

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hlzdnb,

Would you provide a screenshot?

Last edited by Pollux on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
hlzdnb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:57 am    Post subject: editor
Subject description: a6
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'll check it properly asap! btw, just discovered one thing after many years and i'm not sure is mentioned in the manual, on any selected parameters pressing both scrolling keys at the same time, set that parameter to 0! that's a big time saver, cause we all know the andy knobs. Would be cool to have at a soft button combination (for example shift + scrolling keys) to have increase/decreas value of 10 . The modulations link like the pro 2 ( assign source and use buttons/knobs then assign destination and use buttons/knobs) would be a dream, but defo must be a very hard if not impossible task,
Pollux

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hie all Smile

Exciting news! I've cracked the code on why I wasn't able to accurately control certain parameters -- and thus -- I've released an update. 0.2. Now we have the ability to control Envelopes, Mod Routes, LFO, and the Sequencer! I've edited the opening post.

* NEW - Filter 1 & 2 Mod 1, 2, 3, Src, Dest, Offset, Level
* NEW - Envelope 1, 2, 3 - Delay, Attack, Decay, Decay 2, Decay 2 Lvl, Sustain, Release, Release 2, Release 2 Lvl, Shape, Offset, Level, Polarity, Dynamics Key Tracking / Lvl Tracking / Rel Mod, Vel Mod
* NEW - LFO 1, 2, 3 - Shape, Rate, Sync Src, Sync Period, Level, Delay, Phase, Offset, Polarity, Triggering, Trig Src, Trig Lvl, Trig Polarity, Mod Src, Mod Dest, Mod Lvl, Mod Offset
* NEW - Sequencer Notes A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H

Once I've conquered all the important parameters on the front panel -- I'll add a GUI ontop this baby, and we'll have ourselves a wonderful spaceship

More to come soon Smile

pfrancq

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still no plans to make a Mac version ? Since VST is a cross-platform library, it should be possible to port the Windows version on Mac. I would be glad to help for the development of this port.
Pollux

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't have a Mac to compile it on (can't compile Mac binaries from Windows). But the way I have it coded, when I do get my hands on a Mac -- there should be minimal porting necessary -- just compile n go Smile
pfrancq

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can try to compile it on my Mac if I have the source code.
Pollux

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the offer, but I would be embarassed if anyone saw it... Embarassed Laughing

I'll get around to compiling it on a Mac soon enough. I just sent a SnapChat out asking to borrow one Razz. Not promising any timelines though Shocked

pfrancq

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sometimes, the result is more important that the way it was achieved... Very Happy
My offer will stay valid if you want.
Pollux

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I'll just try setting up a Hackintosh to compile the binaries with. That way I dont need to borrow or buy a real Mac. I will most likely look into this when I'm ready to add a GUI.

EDIT: Updated the plugin zip hosted on Analog Dessert

* NEW - Sequencer Start / Stop, Step Size, Length, Loop Type, Loop Count, Key Trigger, Mono/Legato, Trig Src, Trig Lvl, Trig Polarity, Trig Retrig, Progressor Min, Progrsssor Max, Tempo Mod Src, Tempo Mod Dest, Tempo Mod Lvl / Offset, Notes A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P

I also re-organized the listing order of parameters, with some more commonly used ones towards the top, and mod routes and stuff towards the bottom.

EDIT-AGAIN: Ooo, look. I added a GUI as fast as I possibly could. Look how sexy Rolling Eyes (Not uploaded yet, Coming soon)

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Pollux

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oOO In a sudden burst of progress, it appears my Andromeda Patch Editor is starting to take a bit more shape.

I've added tabs for more organization -- and the ability to run as a Standalone Windows App (.exe). This will allow everyone to use the Andromeda Editor no matter what DAW they use!!!

The only caveat is you must become familiar with virtual MIDI port routing -- because unfortunatly on Windows, traditionally, only one MIDI port can be opened on a device at a time. So, one can create many "virtual midi devices", and then take all the data sent to the virtual midi devices, and forward it on to the real audio interfaces MIDI device.

A screenshot of the temporary GUI w/ tabs (as a Windows Application) with its Preferences opened, and MIDI-OX
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.[/img]

Ableton/Cubase/BitWig would be configured to use "01. Internal MIDI" (which, as shown with the yellow lines, gets routed to the real MIDI output via MIDI-Ox), and the Andromeda Patch Editor Application, as shown here, would be configured to send to "06. Internal MIDI" (which also gets routed to the real MIDI output)

This is all needed because then the Virtual MIDI Driver is the only thing holding the only MIDI Device Driver connection (because Windows, 'member). It is the same procedure for using many HW-Synth Controllers (I follow the same procedure for a DX7 Controller, Poly Evolver, Juno 106, etc)

I use loopBe30 (paid) or loopMIDI (free) to create the virtual MIDI ports -- and MIDI-Ox to do the routing.

orrrrrr.......just use REAPER with the VST Cool. but it's nice having both options Twisted Evil

next I think I will work on adding tabs for all the ~28 different Andromeda FX Shocked, and being able to synchronize parameters with the Andromeda

sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

great piece of work !
Pollux

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks sunny! It's nice hearing that coming from someone as prominent in the community as yourself.

Overall Update:

Still adding as much as I can, as quick as I can.

There are a fewwwwww parameters I just -cant- figure out how to control accurately. For example, I will set Reverb Decay, LFO Speed, and Portamento Time via my Plugin -- but the value displayed on my plugin vs the Andromeda don't match -- and its really tricky to figure out the right 'formula' for these (and some other parameters)

Last edited by Pollux on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Infrablue

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pollux,

I would love to see it as an AU for Mac (I use Logic).

But that said, it's just a wish and I am so grateful for all you have done on this. So much work.

You totally should feel free to charge $10... easily. It just means we get a tiny % of what you really should for such work. And for us it helps you support and do more in the future.

Thanks for the great work!
deleted user on request

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude I would pay $50 for a real VST editor with full GUI. Just throwing that out there.

Mystery Islands does some really amazing ones

https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/product/roland-jp-80x0-audiounit-vsti-librarian-editor-plug-in/

If I had something like that for the A6 I would be in heaven

Appreciate all of your hard work on this regardless. If you take PayPal donations, I'm happy to contribute.
Pollux

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the kind words! It makes me very very happy to see others out there interested in an Editor for Windows! Very Happy

I'm working on a "Full GUI" -- but damn, I'm a horrible graphic designer (nothing like those sorcerers over at Mystery Islands, heh). For my Andromeda A6 VST to reach it's full potential, I'll need to re-design, re-implement, and re-program a new GUI. This will be done soon! First, I want to finish adding all the important Andromeda Parameters to my Editor. (p.s. Anyone who happens to read this, and has mad photoshop skills (buttons, layouts, etc), please contact me, and maybe we can work something out!)

On a positive note : I made some significant progress this weekend! I added some new parameters, the ability to name patches on the Andromeda, and fixed a hard to track down bug that would freeze the Andromeda.

Cheers

Last edited by Pollux on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
deleted user on request

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is .3 available yet?
Pollux

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope to have this new version released around April. I will release two packages -- an Editor Application (.EXE) + VST GUI for $25, and a No-GUI Free VST.
deleted user on request

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shut up and take my money Smile
Pollux

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello all! I am looking for a reputable, experienced (has owned an Andromeda for many years) Windows user to help me Beta test this. Please reach out!
deleted user on request

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've only had my A6 for a couple weeks but always willing to lend a hand. If you need an extra beta tester just email me at particlesintowaves@gmail.com

I'll be using Cubase 5.5.3 on Windows 7 64-bit
Pollux

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, unfortunately.... I think we've determined Cubase doesn't play well with forwarding sysex from plugins :/ Which is why.....I came here to tell everyone I'm working on a solution to allow my Andromeda A6 VST to work with every DAW. Since not many DAW's support Sysex as well as REAPER -- I'm adding a feature to the VST which forwards all Sysex messages to the Andromeda A6 EXE Editor, which will then ferry the message(s) to the MIDI Port.

Stay Tuned!

EnergyCrush

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just learned about you work Pollux, through the Facebook Alesis Andromeda A6 Users Group. I'll be travelling this weekend, but plan to test the VST out in Renoise when I get back.

I've used CopperLan for virtual midi routing, will have to check out loopbe as well...have come across it, just not used it yet.
Pollux

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EnergyCrush wrote:
Just learned about you work Pollux, through the Facebook Alesis Andromeda A6 Users Group. I'll be travelling this weekend, but plan to test the VST out in Renoise when I get back.

I've used CopperLan for virtual midi routing, will have to check out loopbe as well...have come across it, just not used it yet.

Awesome! Love that group. I hope you had safe and fun travels Smile Also, I just realized -- MIDI-OX or loopBe isn't required -- doh. I was able to use Ableton & The Andromeda Controller at the same time, even though both were set to the same MIDI Interface Very Happy

p.s. For anyone who's still interested, I've updated my opening post, and have released the Andromeda Controller!

Page 3 of 4 [85 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: