electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Parts and Components
Christmas 2016 PIF Giveaway
Page 1 of 2 [33 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
AlanP

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Christmas 2016 PIF Giveaway Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, I'm doing it again! I've got some PCBs to give away, in the Pay It Forward tradition.

208RND, Buchla Easel random circuit (not the whole Easel, just the clocked, four output random.) PCB and panel.
JH Wasp VCF, needing two CA3080s. PCB and panel.
Yusynth ARP4072 VCF. PCB only
Baby Ten sequencer, PCB only
Yusynth Minimoog VCF, pcb only
Rene Schmitz MS20 VCF, pcb only

One each, for each project. To get one, post a picture of your Eurorack setup, along with which project you'd like.

The only condition is that you consider doing something similar in future, doesn't need to be on E-M, doesn't need to be Christmas.
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah you're doing one of these again Razz . The EZ Chaos PCB from last year was actually what started my euro-rack synth. I hadn't taken a photo
yet of how the complete system looks at the moment so this is a good opportunity. The Yusynth ARP4072 VCF PCBs would be nice since I can
easily get all the components and it can actually produce sound, at the moment the modular doesn't have a single module that can do that.

santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer

PHOBoS - Christmas 2016 PIF Giveaway.jpg
 Description:
Merry Christmas!
 Filesize:  1.42 MB
 Viewed:  795 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

PHOBoS - Christmas 2016 PIF Giveaway.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
colorbars

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would love the buchla random pcb/panel! Very kind of you! Very Happy

IMG_7712.PNG
 Description:
my eurorack :)
 Filesize:  66.91 KB
 Viewed:  768 Time(s)

IMG_7712.PNG

Cfish

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome Christmas spirit Alanp

As I have no eurorack equipment and no need of it. I would like to join in your Christmas spirit and offer the 2 3080s to whom ever takes the wasp filter if they need.

Also have 3 tubes of 10 each PT2399s, if anyone would like a tube let me know in PM.

2 tubes pt2399 left

Last edited by Cfish on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlanP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Both of you Private Message me with your snail mail address Smile

Phobos -- with the stock component values, my build of the ARP4072 doesn't self-oscillate (sounds very neat as a filter, though.) The Minimoog VCF does, if you'd prefer that. I'm sure you're awash in oscillators as it is, though Smile
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

any idea why it doesn't self-oscillate does it have something to do with the lower supply voltage ?
moog filter would be nice too but I have no idea if I can get my hands on the CA3046.

and yes I have a bunch of oscillators but most are just squarewave ones. No sinewave VCO's (I do have some in my frankensynth
but VC on those is rather poor) and no V/Oct tracking. Ok that's not entirely true, I do have 1 Yusynth VCO but that one is mounted in my
moonbase modular which I haven't really been able to use for years because of where it is located in my room Rolling Eyes .

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll join the giveaway too by offering a small WaveWiper kit. For this you'll have to record a christmas song. santa
It can be your own rendition of a well known song like silent night or, my favourite, carol of the bells. But you
can do an original composition as well as long as it has a christmas vibe. First one to post a song gets the kit.

BlacKcaT

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:
Subject description: merry xmas!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS here my personal view of xmas...
Hope you''l like it Wink
..________..

I have some IC that I can part from...

carol of the bells.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  carol of the bells.mp3
 Filesize:  2.16 MB
 Downloaded:  905 Time(s)

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that was quick and yes, I definitely like that Laughing so the kit is yours.
I'll send you a pm.

BlacKcaT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here the IC I have for PIF!
Let me Know before xmas, and I can send 10 of each tipe! (in EU)

IRC 57027 9707 - M8340108H1001GC - 1K - SIP Network Resistor Array
UC1845AJ IC - PWM controller - CDIP - 8-Pin
MX7224TQ MAXIM IC - 8 bit DAC + AMP - DIP
74HC4050D PHILIPS, Driver Buffer Shifter CMOS, Hex, SOIC, 16-Pin, SMD

merry xmas!
Cfish

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Alanp I just realized that I have the 3046s for the minimoog filter. Not sure what I bought them for. Would you mind if the board were used in my large format?

IMG_0622.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.04 MB
 Viewed:  675 Time(s)

IMG_0622.JPG

AlanP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not at all! PM me your address!
BlacKcaT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Cfish, what a nice place you have! What is that thing with the keyboard on the left whit the vertical panel Question
Cfish

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BlacKcaT wrote:
Hi Cfish, what a nice place you have! What is that thing with the keyboard on the left whit the vertical panel Question

Hi BlaCKcat

Is old PAIA 2700 and 4700 modules I ran across so cheep I couldn't pass them up. They sat in my road for over a year and I finally decided to build them in to something. There are pictures of it in the PAIA section under old PAIA modules, new project. Easy to find. Not much new happening in the PAIA section.

Thanks Alanp will do that.
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does Pay it Forward count if you send me a SASE (Set-Addressed Stamped Envelope) or SASB (Self-Addressed Stamped Box)?

I love giving things away freely and openly, though I cringe at doing postage and envelopes. Note that the envelope must be a padded thing and sending a box or boxes inside a bigger box means i can send a lot out. That's because 3D prints take up room. Best thing is a cube-shaped box, not a book-shaped box.

Discuss with me in advance what you'd like to arrange for Pay-it-Forward items.

Les

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or I could fill one SASB (Self - Addressed Stamped Box) and the box recipient can be the mailer-outer of all the goodies i put into it. Fad, Random, and double plus good - i'll send it all! And 3D prints are light.

Les
p.s. not much time left before XMAS, gotta plan now.

Cfish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make you a deal Less. I mail you a Christmas box, with components and return box. We both half to poste what we do with our surprise? You game? Sounds fun to me!
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cfish wrote:
Make you a deal Less. I mail you a Christmas box, with components and return box. We both half to poste what we do with our surprise? You game? Sounds fun to me!

Yer on!

We will see who can make a greater impression on the other! It would be easy for some to just load the box with expensive items, but what I'm talking about is emotional items. Things that we put some time into that would bring on "Happy Tears" if not this year then the next. I will send you my address by private message.

Les

AlanP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:33 am    Post subject:

BlacKcaT wrote:

Quite enjoyed that, reminded me of Tomita's _The Planets_ in how it wasn't just a re-run with different instrumentation Smile
BlacKcaT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject:

AlanP wrote:
BlacKcaT wrote:

Quite enjoyed that, reminded me of Tomita's _The Planets_ in how it wasn't just a re-run with different instrumentation Smile

Thanks Alan! Smile
Grumble

Audio files: 30

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@PhoBos,

I do have some CA3086 (pin compatible with the CA3084, not sure about other specs though..) hangin'around, and I'm sure you must know that I'm not so much into analog modules building...
So if you think you can use them for Alans' Moog filter, they are yours!

(and some CA3080, 3081, 3082, and one CA3083, one CA3084 Rolling Eyes )
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got the box today, Cfish! I must say I'm more than a little surprised. I have to look closely at the parts later (been sleeping a lot lately, including this morning) in detail to truly understand their purpose. All I know at this point, having joyfully opened an early Christmas present, is that it's either one, two, or three modular kits of a flavor that Cfish offers to friends! This leads me to the question:

How does Les Hall do Modulars?

I mean, what will be the ideas and implementation behind the physical, electrical, and panel of my very own modular? What modules will I create? From kit or self-designed or both? Will I resurrect the Boolean Sequencer (yes!) and the Karplus Strong (yes!). A boquoo of other questions arise from this simple start in modulars! And finally... what sounds will I make?

Stay tuned, the fun begins ... now!

Les
p.s. Assembling return package this afternoon, Cfish!

Les

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay I have had time to look a bit more at the contents and I am really very excited about this kit that CFish has included. it is just a simple kit he modestly states. I reply that is it's strength! Getting older at 50 birthdays now, I have developed an appreciation for the simple in all things and I cannot think of a better starter project for getting into the world of modulars than a no-nonsense super simple thing that emits sound right off the bat!

I'll need a +/- 15V power supply (or does this kit just need +9V, have to look further) and the beginnings of a 3D printed (of course) enclosure system. I'm thinking of "cylindrical' of all things, small and modest and easy to carry, plus riding on a turntable!

Has anyone seen that in a synth? turntable with cylindrical shape and handle on top?

Les

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well now I'm starting a project thread, aren't i? I'll skeedattle on over to my subforum and take this discussion there.

Les

Cfish

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Les

I have ran that little VCO off of 2, 9v batteries before. I don't remember if I had to change the capicitor value of the .1 uf capicitor or not. I think it will be fine.

The other items are just commonly used ICs that make trying things fun.

Merry Christmas
Page 1 of 2 [33 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Parts and Components
Jump to: