electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Parts and Components
Christmas 2016 PIF Giveaway
Page 2 of 2 [33 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you CFish! Santa has some goodies packed up and ready to send your way, CFish! Ooooh, and some of them are 3D printed!

Les

Cfish

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you Les, and anouther thanks to Alanp for the thread and his generosity.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Cfish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would really like to thank Les for the awesome Christmas package.

The functional 3D printed planetary gear set is the Christmas conversation peace here.

My early short lived career as an auto mechanic led to a tutorial on how an automatic transmission works that had everybody listening.

IMG_0649.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.02 MB
 Viewed:  683 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

IMG_0649.JPG

Grumble

Audio files: 30

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice Shocked
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It takes close to a day's time (8 hours or really 6 hours plus setup and cool down intervals) to print one of those, even with the big nozzle (0.8mm diameter). And I usually spend all that and more time printing stuff and people do appreciate it but not much, as they compare it to injection molded items that cost pennies. i'm very happy to learn that this item is being greatly appreciated.

In fact, I'll tell you what. If things go well here, and they should, I'll have use of my 3D printer next year as well. That being the case, if you send me SASE boxes I'll fill them with such goodies! We can discuss and exchange knowledge of what is good to make for synth and other reasons - grandkid's projects, prototype of kid's biz efforts, gifts for the wife - whatever suits you. We'll make it a tradition to trade boxes for stuff and if I can figure out a way, I can buy the stamps myself (I think I have a way) and I have already gotten the boxes from USPS in the mail before, so that is all that is needed so no need for SASE box even now that I think of it.

You can send stuff and I'll send stuff. It will be a new tradition!

Les

Cfish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks so much Alanp.

Mini Moog boards arrived today. Will be my first project with prefab boards.

Hope it don't ruin me for perfboard projects. 😀
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi alanp and all,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank alanp in particular and all of our community in general for this thread and the environment in which we can coexist as friends.

Specifically I am referring to Cfish and his new friendship with myself. We are really having fun working on the credit card synth project. It's so cool and it fills a market niche that appears to have some merit to it. Working with Cfish is like running a sprint and falling behind because he is SO FAST at developing these simple synth boards!

Not only that, but it is easy to tell from his work usage and grammar and the like that Cfish is a blue collar man down to the bone. I mean that as a high compliment, that he can have a modest education and then leave me with all my MSEE and BSEE and work experience, in the dust designing these synth boards.

Don't worry, it's layout time and I'll gain some territory there lol. Can't have this project be a one-person show eh? But it all originated from alanp's thread, his generosity by example that really made the grade! So thanks alan and thanks to all. Let's make 2017 a year to remember!

Les

Cfish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for your kind words Les. This project sings to my strengths.

Your EE knowledge has made my part so much easier. Without it I would have done a cool little project and moved on.

Most people would never see the since in the way we can spit ball a 100 attention deficit ideas at the same time and turn around with a great, focused idea.

Everybody's creative thinking is different, but ours work together pretty well.

Somehow patterns emerge from the chaos. Very Happy
Page 2 of 2 [33 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Parts and Components
Jump to: