electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
mfos 16 step sequencer
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Pitre

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: mfos 16 step sequencer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone,
I have ordered all the components to build the MFOS 16 step sequencer. All but the CD 4067.
I have done much research, enough to fry my brain. But the web sited that do offer it say that the chip is discontinued. I also cannot find a chip to use in its place.
I am asking you all as a last resort because I know some forums frown upon people asking with out doing there research. But like i said, Im kind of at a loss.
Thanks, and i'm excited to be part of the community!
Clint
haebbmaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try it here

http://www.ebay.de/itm/5x-CMOS-4067-Multiplexer-Demultiplexer-16-Kanal-C-MOS-IC-DIP24-/111411205551

https://www.buerklin.com/de/logik-baustein-cmos/p/61s2810
haebbmaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what about a CD74HC4067?
it's SMD, but there are adapters
Pitre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i actually ordered 10 SMD 4067 from Arrow Electronics by accident. I didn't realize they made adaptors. I will defiantly research that.
As far as eBay, do you order much from sellers on there? Seems a lot of fakes floating around on eBay.
Thanks for the help Haebbmaster!!
haebbmaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I order from Ebay and Aliexpress.
I had only one problem where the seller didn't deliver and kept the money. 50 Euros gone. I learnt the hard way to look at the feedback ratings before buying something, it was all there ...
AlanP

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The 74HC4067 has a maximum Vcc of 10V, 11 at a pinch. The MFOS schematic supplies 12V -- you'll have to cut the trace on the existing board, and jerry-rig 10V into it somehow. (The Vsrc circuit supplies 7.5V.)

You might also need protection on the logic inputs, as well.

Easier to ebay a CD4067.
sixbyseven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: CMOS CD4067 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are still to be found on eBay, but the prices are going up. I bought several just recently from a couple of the china vendors. All were perfect and never had an issue. but the shipping took about 40 days. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/5PCS-CD4067BE-Encapsulation-DIP-Interface-IC-/371640806840?hash=item568784adb8

I have also bought from this fellow in Israel, you can sometimes specify the manufacture as well http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2x-HEF4067BP-DIP-24-wide-16-CH-ANALOG-MUX-DEMUX-CD4067BE-MC14067BCP-MC14067BCP-/121129662118?hash=item1c33e3f6a6

khakifridge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got one each from Futurelec and Godiac for this build. I can't in all honesty recommend Futurelec, because they're a pain to deal with (sloooow delivery, cancelling items for no reason, slooow refunds...). But YMMV, I guess... Anyway, I've not built my sequencer yet, so I hope one of them works OK!
micromusic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi
Here in the UK that part is getting harder to source but Cricklewood Electronics have them and are a joy to use with fast delivery in the UK, they have loads of hard to find parts Ca3080s for example not the cheapest but always genuine parts drop thru my letterbox
Cheers
Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes , thumbs up for Cricklewood electronics , used them many times for components i have not been able to get from Rapid or Farnel Smile

Dave.
micromusic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

Finished mine this week and to my surprise it actually worked!!!!
Posted a Youtube vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM_s4BQmaZQ
Soon found that some pots didn't !!
Found my soldering is really rather rubbish
And also my eyesight to not notice my rubbish soldering
2 joints resoldered and the ground connection to the switch wired that I forgot and it works perfectly
I split the panel into 3 so it would match my Digisound and Yusynth modular
micromusic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally added on the vari-clock add on
So happy that it worked with no set up at all I must be really lucky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv8tMCw_gCY if you want to see it running
Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yay cool you got yours working Smile hours of fun when you have the cv outs going to vco's & vcf cutoffs etc , worth the extra tampering to get it locked on Smile

Dave.

.. this is what my one morphed into Smile http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-63821.html
micromusic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dave

Yours is a work of art and I am quite jealous

As I say mine surprised me for a totally home made job it looks, and works perfectly and setting the phase clock resistor/capacitor values as on one of the posts on this forum recommended values really did mean it worked from the first power up with out any adjustment
Just etched a PCB and made a panel for the voltage controlled echo module so I am hoping a bit of delay will make my very un-musical noises even nicer

Cheers
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Jump to: