electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
NM Classic Trade-In Offer
Page 3 of 3 [62 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

:¬)
paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
Boss DM-100, mostly, sometimes backed by a (tweaked) ADR-systems CS-100. In the studio I also use a Ibanez UE-405 but that one is way too large to travel with.

I´m realy into bucket brigades, fortunately some new ones are being made again these days and so I may get a fourth one some time.....

awesome...i use the 'bucker brigade' special...'yamaha e 1005' ..a fun little unit...

what about these new units you mention... ? .i suppose that should go in a new thread [sorry about the OT]

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MusicalGirevik wrote:
Just got email confirmation from Clavia: Micromodulars do NOT qualify for this offer.

I'm still confused why Clavia never made a G2 version of the micromodular? I think the rack G2 is so ugly, cumbersome and most importantly doesn't have any of the wonderful interface of it's elder sisters/brothers have. Come on lets face it- it's boring!

We've (me and my girlfriend) have still got our little micromods and the nice thing about the G2 demo is that it sits here in my computer and I can spark it up at anytime. This means that I now just have 99 homebrewed and loaded patches which I'm not continuously fiddling with and the good nord is doing what it was intended to- left to make music.

Actually I'm surprised Jan Punter hasn't bought up all the micro's and turned them into noodling-perspex and light fantastic masterpieces ;-)

Tom

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
Come on lets face it- it's boring!

hmm, do I smell offensivness here, someone being jealous maybe ... what's happening ....
Quote:

Actually I'm surprised Jan Punter hasn't bought up all the micro's and turned them into noodling-perspex and light fantastic masterpieces ;-)

Hmm, and then he goes on doing the ego thing .... confusing ...

I'd been having two NM classics, and I never used the knobs (except for individual patch volume sometimes) and rarely the keyboard, so I decided I best would buy two G2 engines, about the price of one G2 keyboard. Honestly, up to now I didn't mis the knobs a moment.

Meanwhile Howard has been playing a trick on me, actually this whole EM event has been doing that (BTW would have liked to meet you there Tom, you would have loved it for sure, there were some really nice old school bleeps).

Anyway, at EM-2005l I heard all this electronic music that had true emotion in, I could laugh and cry, sometimes at the same moment and this got me thinking ... to maybe go beyond noodling a bit and add some interaction in order to try and get in some emotion, not just relaxation or excitation.

Howard must have sensed this when he gave me his pocket control (haven't as yet founf a power supply for it, guess I'll have to go out and buy one in the hopefully near future).

I had been thinking though to buy me one of these multi touch pads I've seen recently, not of buying all the micromods laying around - they are way overpriced anyway :-)

For experimentation I'm verry happy though with Howard's gift.

Time will tell what will happen, I'll have to think it over for a while.

Jan.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A Gift?? I wish someone would give me a gift!!!

Jealousy? Maybe? Maybe not? But I have been gigging a lot recently with the MM- sometimes with two. The knobs are OKAY- but only just. What puts me off the G2 RACK is its size. I also have an Ensoniq dp/2 (which I imagine is roughly the same size?).It gives me a neckache just trying to see and program it- I use that with the micro (and I'm quite tall you see).

It took months for me to get a G1 (or whatever you wish to call it). Now it's going to take months (if not years) until I manage a G2.

I was dissapointed with the G2 rack because of its bulk and probably most importantly I was stupid enough to go and play with a 3 octave G2 when they first arrived in the UK. Clavia had pretty much given us everything I (or we-as a list?) originally voted for.

I still want one. I'd be quite happy swapping an MS-20 and a Wiard Wogglebug for one :) Any takers?

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
Jealousy? Maybe? Maybe not? But I have been gigging a lot recently with the MM- sometimes with two. The knobs are OKAY- but only just. What puts me off the G2 RACK is its size. I also have an Ensoniq dp/2 (which I imagine is roughly the same size?).It gives me a neckache just trying to see and program it- I use that with the micro (and I'm quite tall you see).

The dp/2 is way larger then the engine, I think it´s roughly 2.5 times deeper, maybe 3.

What I do is this; I have a low table, I just stack up the racks on that, then sit in front of it on the floor. No neck problems at all. I´m 2meters and perfectly happy with my dp/2.

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
I´m 2meters and perfectly happy with my dp/2.

dawwww- I suppose you haven't guessed that I'm an old whiner? I've had a bad week too. First I do my back out after getting drunk at a party and giving my daughter too many bunny-hops over the garden fence, and secondly I'm trying to give up smoking (again)!!

But I'm afraid I still don't like rack mount stuff and if that's the case, (ie the dp/2 being much deeper) why didn't clavia do a MM2?

yours sulkingly

Tom :)
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That´s nothing, man! I was trying to give up smoking (well, a little harder then I´m right now....) and posted far, far, worse then this.

Recomendation; be carefull with coffee; nicotine and cafeine have opposed reaction, if you don´t cut back on the coffee too you turn into a maniac.

now, a tabletop DP/2 with a million knobs, there´s a idea!

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
Recomendation; be carefull with coffee; nicotine and cafeine have opposed reaction, if you don´t cut back on the coffee too you turn into a maniac.

Been there, done that. I'm a firm believer that one of the contributing factors for road rage in this country has been the greater increase of our daily coffee intake. Believe me driving to work on 3 cups of expresso on an empty stomach in the past has been a most interesting experience. Deathrace 2005 anyone ?!?

This is the sole reason I now drink tea!

Tom

3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
3phase wrote:

Yep...but officially i never was on ...shithead records...so pssst...

Hmmmm, Nova Mute did release some realy nice stuff, I on the other hand got F-ed over by Tresor once. On a gig though, not a release.

I was talking about Tresor recs... after they put all my old tracks for free in the internet and i stopped them the erased all information about me on theire webpage Wink...oh..it hurts sooo much Smile
...They are really bastards from the worst kind... And people like UR making themself liars by working with them..
Really a joke. But in the end its all about the money.
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That sounds roughly like the practices of the club, in my experience. Saw U.R. a few weeks ago, they didn´t sound particularly "underground" or that "restitant" to me.....
3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
That sounds roughly like the practices of the club, in my experience. Saw U.R. a few weeks ago, they didn´t sound particularly "underground" or that "restitant" to me.....

Tresor was the european major contact for them..
But probably the UR guys are a bit naiv... 10 years ago i changed a contract that jeff mills was about to sign that said that he had to stop his own label activitys.... he just havent read the contract the tresor people gave him..
I changed the contract and prefered to dont sign it at all because it was a direct one with a german major...That is a daughter of an american major...So not very resistant these so called undergrounbd guys...
As resistant as Puff dady...only problem: there is no US market for techno music...
However...you have to make some compromises if you want to drive in a Porsche car...
Page 3 of 3 [62 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: