electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » The Repair Shop
Rhodes 73 MKII needs some love
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
voltage_controller

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Rhodes 73 MKII needs some love Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know its not the normal type of gear for this list, but wondering if there are any Rhodes repair persons around the DC/Baltimore area?
belltones

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject:
Subject description: did you ever find anyone who work on Rhodes down that way?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know anyone who works on Rhodes in DC/Baltimore but I work on them in Philadelphia if you ever come up this way. I run a workshop called Bell Tone Synth Works and we work on electromechanical pianos in addition to synths. Rhodes are actually among my favorite things to work on-- they're so mechanically well-designed and beautiful inside, it's really a pleasure.

I'm actually from Montgomery County, MD myself. I bought my own Rhodes Mark II from Atomic Music several years ago. Have you ever been there? It's an absolutely wonderful used music gear shop in PG County.
However, I'm afraid they don't service Rhodes there (I had to fix mine up myself) but just wanted to recommend the store to you in general if you haven't been.

If you don't come up to Philly and really can't find anyone to fix it for you down there, maybe I'd still be able to help you out. I go down that way every so often because my parents still live just outside of DC, in Bethesda.

If you did find someone to work on it for you there, please let us know where you got the work done! I still have friends in DC sending their stuff up to me but I'd just as soon send them to someone local to them.
voltage_controller

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Belltones! Sorry I am so slow on the reply. I had someone lined up to work on the Rhodes, but it didn't happen, so I picked it back up and still have it needing some love.

I love Atomic Music. I live in Bethesda so its been my go to for years. I have bought many keyboards (and a few basses) there Smile I have also sold them the odd thing here and there.

I'll keep you posted on Rhodes repair updates! And will ping you if I am ever coming up that way and can drag the anchor.
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » The Repair Shop
Jump to: