electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
**THE** Official Place to Talk About the Future of NEEM
Page 1 of 2 [26 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: **THE** Official Place to Talk About the Future of NEEM
Subject description: Northeastern electro-music Festival Planning
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greetings,

I encourage those who wish to discuss the planning of the Northeastern electro-music Festival to do so HERE on the electro-music website. Talking about such things primarily on Facebook leaves out all the people who do not use Facebook, most notably Howard Moscovitz, the creator and guiding light of electro-music.com and the festivals. IMO, to plan an official electro-music event somewhere else is just not right because it violates the inclusiveness ethos of electro-music that Howard has promoted and fostered over the years. Everyone who is a member of electro-music can see what is posted in the forums. Not so much when social media are used.

Sincerely,

--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great post Bill, good to see to make it an electro-music festival again (which I think it wasn't anymore).
laura woodswalker

Audio files: 18

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Great post Bill, good to see to make it an electro-music festival again (which I think it wasn't anymore).

why wasn't it an Electro-Music festival?

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

because electro-music.com was not involved anymore.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Bill, for your comment.

I think you are right about the ethos of electro-music. Facebook is not a universal or even international platform. Many members the community avoid Facebook for various valid reasons. I have no problem for people using facebook for personal reasons, but it's not the right place for planning an electro-music event because it is not inclusive. Also, and maybe more important, it lacks persistence. The conversations run off the bottom, much like in a chat room.

Anyway, I will talk to Robert, Gregg and Charles about it. They are the volunteer organizers of the US events. Some don't know that we had several electro-music events in Europe too.

Having decided not to work on the events myself put me in a bit of an emotional void. I withdrew from a lot of electro-music activities, not wanting to interfere with where this goes forward, or to exert control over people who want to get involved. I am over that now.

Let's use electro-music.com. If there are features that are needed, then I and others here will attempt to improve things. I sincerely appreciate those who stepped up to organize the NE electro-music event. That location in Homer, NY is fabulous. The event was one of the best we have had, anywhere. Thanks so much to Andrew, Robert and Bob. I encourage others to get involved where ever you live.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BananaPlug

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've not been on the forum much lately but I'm all in favor of a festival! Years ago I went to EM events in the burbs of Philly and keyboard oriented music dominated. There just wasn't much there for a mostly analog, very west coast, person. Has the euro boom changed that? Would love to see something happen close in the Philly area. I second the previous post about Facebook and avoid it like the plague.

Steve
laura woodswalker

Audio files: 18

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BananaPlug wrote:
I've not been on the forum much lately but I'm all in favor of a festival! Years ago I went to EM events in the burbs of Philly and keyboard oriented music dominated. There just wasn't much there for a mostly analog, very west coast, person. Has the euro boom changed that? Would love to see something happen close in the Philly area. I second the previous post about Facebook and avoid it like the plague.

Steve

Hi Steve,

The Northeast Electro-music festival (NEEM) is pretty far from Philly...its most current location is Homer NY. It's a great festival though...you might want to check it out sometime.

I'm also from the Philly area and would love to see something "happen" here. (I'm more of an Ableton/iPad musician myself.)

Laura Woodswalker

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Other Festivals
Subject description: Let the electro-music Brand Spread

laura woodswalker wrote:
BananaPlug wrote:
Would love to see something happen close in the Philly area.
I'm also from the Philly area and would love to see something "happen" here.
There's nothing stopping people from growing the electro-music brand. You could start a festival, a concert series, or just a one-off.

Start a new thread for a Philly-based event. Let's keep this thread purely for the Northeastern e-m Festival.

For non-electro-music events, don't forget Cosmic Crossings, the Gatherings, and Event Horizon. Oh, yes, and the Soundscapes Concert Series if I ever find a new home.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BananaPlug wrote:
There just wasn't much there for a mostly analog, very west coast, person. Has the euro boom changed that? Would love to see something happen close in the Philly area.

I've noticed that there has been an increase in the modular synths at all of the E-M events in recent years. Eurorack was well represented at this event. Judging from how people reacted to seeing all the neat stuff that was there, I bet the trend will continue. There was a lot of Make Noise stuff.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BananaPlug wrote:

Steve

No-input mixer workshops are mostly analog. Sadly, I have had to miss the last two northeast events due to teaching overloads. Finishing one now, spent the day grading 40 students X 20 questions = 800 data analytics answers.

I am seriously thinking about hosting another planetarium event during or shortly after my spring 2019 sabbatical. It may be more of workshops + evening of recitals from the workshops than a classic em event. 90 minute drive from Philly. Will definitely promote here if I get up the nerve to do it. Cool
http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-63955.html

rdorsche

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: **THE** Official Place to Talk About the Future of NEEM
Subject description: Northeastern electro-music Festival Planning

djfoxyfox wrote:
Greetings,

I encourage those who wish to discuss the planning of the Northeastern electro-music Festival to do so HERE on the electro-music website.

HOWDY EVERYONE!
Planning is moving forward for EM Homer 2018.
We (the organizing committee) have an internal deadline of making the event announcement public of April 1, 2018, and full details public on May 1, 2018.

The present news is, is that "the check is in the mail" to the event location along with a signed contract, so those dates are in stone:
Friday through Sunday, September 7-9, a full three days of aural mayhem.

Stay tuned!
Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Robert!
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Homer Is On
Subject description: Thank You

Thank you, Robert! Do you have an email list of people to notify when it comes time to make announcements? Please be sure that Howard, Brian Good, and I are on it.

Cheers,

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great news, Robert. IMHO the Homer facility and the town/locale is the best we have yet had In the US.

An added plus is that it is just down the street from Trumansburg, New York, the place where Bob Moog started his company and started this whole thing off. There are many very knowledgeable electronic music fans in the area and they come to the event, so we have a audience for the concert as well as the workshops. There are lots of places to stay and many good restaurants.

Unfortunately, the Indianapolis electro-music festival will not be held this year for various reasons, so this one will have more central importance.

Thnks to Robert for stepping up and taking on the lead organizing role. Our appreciation can't be over-estimated.

pertho711ljp

Audio files: 157

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can hardly wait for the next one. Really enjoyed myself at the NEEM last year. I'm glad I heard about it.
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm trying to work out whether I can make it this year
rdorsche

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modulator_esp wrote:

Jez, the closest airport is Syracuse. I can get you there, it's a 30-40 minute car ride.
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rdorsche wrote:
modulator_esp wrote:

Jez, the closest airport is Syracuse. I can get you there, it's a 30-40 minute car ride.

Thanks, I'm exploring touring options too, with Mr Holquist

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Touring Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Galactic Travels and, if I can get a venue, Soundscapes Concert Series.
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: Touring Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djfoxyfox wrote:
Galactic Travels and, if I can get a venue, Soundscapes Concert Series.

Thanks Bill

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Festival Website Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While I encourage that 100% of the festival information exist on the electro-music forum and that it be posted there first, I also would like to encourage correct and current information at all of the other places.

With that in mind, the festival website needs a little updating.
http://electromusicfestivals.org/northeastern-festival/
This still has last year's information.

rdorsche

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Festival Website Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djfoxyfox wrote:
While I encourage that 100% of the festival information exist on the electro-music forum and that it be posted there first, I also would like to encourage correct and current information at all of the other places.

With that in mind, the festival website needs a little updating.
http://electromusicfestivals.org/northeastern-festival/
This still has last year's information.

Hi Bill,

Please let me handle the organization and announcements for EM Homer, it’s under control.
The primary point of communication will be a new string that I will create in the first week of April here in the forum, of course. Politely requesting you change the title of this string so it isn’t misleading or distractionary since this string is *not* the singular official string.

That website you are mentioning above I s no longer valid as the cost was too high for hosting for what we got in return for services, so I let it lapse. Contacting the host service to have it taken down. A new site is coming.

Thanks for your understanding and patience, everybody.
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Festival Website Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rdorsche wrote:
...requesting you change the title of this string so it isn’t misleading or distractionary...
I'm happy to change any title to whatever you suggest. Just tell me one thing, please. What's a string? Pardon my ignorance but I've heard of threads. So when you say string, a term I haven't heard, I'll need your help. What does the string say now and what do you recommend it say? Thanks.
rdorsche

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Festival Website Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djfoxyfox wrote:
rdorsche wrote:
...requesting you change the title of this string so it isn’t misleading or distractionary...
I'm happy to change any title to whatever you suggest. Just tell me one thing, please. What's a string? Pardon my ignorance but I've heard of threads. So when you say string, a term I haven't heard, I'll need your help. What does the string say now and what do you recommend it say? Thanks.

Very Happy
for me, string = thread(s)
one string/thread of a forum that *covers* a topic
lol
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Official Thread for NEEM in Homer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bernhard Wostheinrich wants to come over from Germany to attend Homer 2018. What link shall I provide him to get official information?
Page 1 of 2 [26 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: