electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Experimental
and yet another uncertainty
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: and yet another uncertainty Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This one is modeled after the Wiard Model 1210 "Noise Ring" Data Resonator

It definitely does "something", but I don't sem to have gotten it quite right - there seem to be not too many "different values" in the loop, but this might be inherent in the design.

When I make it do the clock sweeps (sending the n^2 and/or n+1 outputs directly to the speakers - watch the volume !!) it seems to sound more or less alike the samples on the page referenced above.

Any improvements appreciated !

Jan.

noise ring.pch2
 Description:
Controllable random modeled after Wiard's noise ring

Download
 Filename:  noise ring.pch2
 Filesize:  2.01 KB
 Downloaded:  2886 Time(s)

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh Jan! what a nice treat Smile

this patch works at 75% on my 500mhz powerbook (running the G2 demo).

Its nice to hear a Blue Hell patch after such a long time Smile)

Do you use a Wiard system?

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No I'm not using or having such a system, but I'm pretty much tied to my chair still after getting home from the US with a nasty bacterial infection on my leg and as a result of that I was just browsing around a bit and ended up on the Wiard site where I saw this module.

This module seemed to be an interesting aproach to find a new way through the order and chaos fields, new to me that is. And it does do some interesting things, but somehow I have the feeling that it should be possible to get more out of this circuit.

Analogue wise I only have a neglected Elektor system.

Jan.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I bought a Wiard Wogglebug (source of uncertainty) a year ago or so. Uncertain it certainly is! I can never seem to ever get it to repeat a setting- which is quite frustrating because its quite a one trick pony as a sound source alone.

If I had the entire system then that would be much better- but at over £400 per module Shocked - that seems unlikely.

I bought it because it was the most unique sounding thing I'd ever heard

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is truly wonderful. It's very interesting. There is just the right mix of repetition and unpredictability. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I took your patch, added some controls to make it interactive, put in a tiny bit of processing, and made it polyphonic so it'll work with the keyboard.

noise-ring-a.pch2
 Description:
An extension of Jan Punter's another source of uncertainty patch. This is designed for interactive playing with a Keyboard G2, but it will work on an engine. Variations are left up to you...

Download
 Filename:  noise-ring-a.pch2
 Filesize:  2.54 KB
 Downloaded:  2995 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reminds me a bit on some Buchla things, Subotnik I guess, this way. Nice mod.

Jan.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc, any chance you could send it again without the module that's stopping it load in the demo version (reverb?)

Tom

PS I suppose I could download the editor and do it myself, but that seems a bit of a waste of time- as i'd have to install it, then uninstall it- bit of a faff.

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
mosc, any chance you could send it again without the module that's stopping it load in the demo version (reverb?)

I took the reverb out.

noise-ring-b.pch2
 Description:
Special version with reverb removed for Tom for the G2 demo

Download
 Filename:  noise-ring-b.pch2
 Filesize:  2.47 KB
 Downloaded:  2940 Time(s)

Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Experimental
Jump to: