electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Reviews, Editorials and Commentary » Commentary and Editorials
Taking out the evil doctors?
Page 4 of 4 [87 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:

A favourite past-time in The Hague elektro circles at parties is to get beers, then trade anecdotes about the second world war. This quickly alienates almost everybody.

Man, I do have some stories..

..and I like beer.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
The Finish role in WOII is realy worthy of a seperate thread all by itself, frankly all of Scandinavia is quite interesting with such charming incidents as the allies placing mines in the fjords without consulting the local authorities on wether they actually *wanted* to have explosives installed on their doorstep.

Indeed. Hmm, do we need a forum set up just for stuff like this? Shocked Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could book us......

We are also releasing two theme-records about the battle of Stalingrad somewhewre in the next weeks.

Quote:

Out next week - 5 new titles in the Bunker Robot Dystopia series!
Limited editions 200 copies, GONE=GONE.. Last series was gone in two weeks so errr... do or die kids!

3040 - stalingrad 1 - extreme dark electronic compilation about the human suffering at the battle of stalingrad in '43 with a.o. duracel, syncom data, franck sarrio, orgue electonique, rude 66, etc.
3041 - stalingrad 2 - even darker and more extreme than #1, with a.o. legowelt, kassen, schmerzlabor, nimoy, technician, etc.
3045 - salamandos - obscure chicago trax from the '80's, epic and
melancholic, dark and manic at the same time!
3046 - smackulator - a texas wigger from brooklyn and a jewish beach nerd from scheveningen playing misogynist ghetto boys from the southside chicago projects...
3048 - chicago shags - more and more dark and mean chicago street/acid trax, keep it cummin'!

10 EUR each + p&p
all 5 titles for 55 EUR inclucing airmail worldwide.
Reserved them now!

mail: info~AT~globaldarkness.com

Those were only delayed by a year and a half or so. Sadly the picture sleeve idea got axed.

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be clear; those are all vinyl.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OT, trivia.. but interesting:

One of the most impressive propagada efforts ever was the british complete U-turn on the portrayal of Ivan and the nasty commies. It was considered to be political suicide to actually tell british citizens that Russia was now an allied. In order to sell this to the public an immense propaganda campaign transformed Stalin and his evil henchmen into cuddly furry friends. Believe me, this was a major effort.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm.. I will look into the booking thingie.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm, a forum.... I don´t think people would agree to having a section on war trivia. I also think it could possibly atract the kind of individual you would prefer not to atract.....

About booking; mail to the same adress mentioned in that quote for that. We were planning a scandinavia/poland/germany kind of thing this fall involving one or two vans which would cut the usual flight tickets out of the equation. That might work out?

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deknow is pretty much correct about how the CAE/Kurtz thingie has been portrayed in the artyfarty press. To me it seems that the event is seen as right wing/fascist kind of censorhip. I have heard local artists discuss the case and it sounds like deknow knows the very same guys.
However, non-musician artists don´t really very often see musicians as artists. Art is art. Music is music.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
Hmmm, a forum.... I don´t think people would agree to having a section on war trivia. I also think it could possibly atract the kind of individual you would prefer not to atract.....

It was joke. Very Happy

And I am pretty sure a reenactment of the Battle of the Bulge is a very bad idea for Electro-Music 2006 event. We could do a play by Shakespeare though. The Tempest?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
zynthetix

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:

A favourite past-time in The Hague elektro circles at parties is to get beers, then trade anecdotes about the second world war. This quickly alienates almost everybody.

I think I would be alienating people with you if those are the circumstances.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zynthetix wrote:

Forgive me, Kassen, for saying this, but I get the feeling that at times you might find alienating people amusing. Shocked

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
zynthetix wrote:

Forgive me, Kassen, for saying this, but I get the feeling that at times you might find alienating people amusing. Shocked

Well, yes, and at others it´s a part of the artistic statement ;¬)

See? at this rate we drift off-topic so far we drift in again from the other end, like a modern day Marco Polo. Sorta.

Page 4 of 4 [87 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Reviews, Editorials and Commentary » Commentary and Editorials
Jump to: