electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
A collection of circuits by Nicolas
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 2 of 2 [36 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
LeftyLogic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, and I'd like to thank Nicolas for designing all these wonderful circuits! Very Happy I just finished soldering together the Super Simple VCO (My first DIY module) and it sounds fantastic! I'm starting off into Synth-DIY by putting together a simple modular system comprised mostly of modules found in this thread, and I'm loving it so far. Smile

Thanks a million for making all this information easily available!

Regards,
Seth
-minus-

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just adding the link to the simple but fun bleepy machine, before it gets buried in the catacombs:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-61208.html
civi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nicolas, Awesome work and Thanks a lot for this valuable information and now I am busy with your circuits as I just finished the saw tooth oscillator and it worked well so now I am planning to make the VCO.
MJONES32

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I did build the Super Simple V/Hz , I think pretty close to the schematic,
as described here
http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-34550.html

It sounds good, and the V/Hz is good but not spot on.....is there a tweak that any one can suggest to provide fine control ?
nicolas3141

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Having a go at arduino tinkering - http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-65389.html
steved

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nicolas3141

Thanks you!
I am new to electronics, have been a synth nerd for 30 years-

Your posts are SO helpful!

I was working on finishing your VCF and planned to make an Arduino module next. Perfect timing of this post for me.
Project_2501

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did Nicolas ever make a publish/compile a book of his simple diy synth designs from his class he was teaching. I would love to have a paper copy Smile, if there isn't any book, I'm already compiling my own notes/prints of nicolas designs so no worries.
J-chot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: stupid question Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I feel like I should know the answer to this, especially after trying to find an answer myself with research, buuuut....

If I were to power a LM324n (for THESE specifically) with a Dual 12 v supply,

would I hook -12 to pin 11 and +12 to pin4?
J-chot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: stupid question Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

J-chot wrote:
I feel like I should know the answer to this, especially after trying to find an answer myself with research, buuuut....

If I were to power a LM324n (for THESE specifically) with a Dual 12 v supply,

would I hook -12 to pin 11 and +12 to pin4?

ok, from context clues I think I figured out that Lm324 doesn't work on -12 power?
to use a TL074 instead?

help
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LM324 works fine with a dual 12V supply (yes, pins 4 & 11).

If the circuits will work on -/+ 12V depends on a coupe of things. If it is originally powered by -/+9V it should work fine
as long as there isn't anything directly derived from the power. Otherwise some values might have to be adjusted. For example
a reference voltage created wih a voltage divider between +9V/GND would produce a higher voltage if you'd use +12V/GND.

If the circuit is powered from a single +9V supply it could still work on -/+12V but it might need some more adjusting.
Often these circuits have a fake/virtual GND which you can then replace with an actual GND but it might need some other changes.

Last edited by PHOBoS on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
J-chot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Phenomenal. I got Magic Smoke the other day and I've been questioning everything since. I'll let you know when I successfully breadboard an op amp circuit on my new dual power supply!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 2 of 2 [36 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: