electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze » Miscellaneous DIY Art
Grocery Store Paintbrushes
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Grocery Store Paintbrushes
Subject description: Supermarket Mandalas
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finally found a use for all that visual noise in the supermarket that makes it increasingly difficult for me to find things on the shelves. Lots of color at the edges = variegated paintbrushes.

SupermarketPaintbrush.png
 Description:
Supermarket Paintbrushes
 Filesize:  1.8 MB
 Viewed:  439 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

SupermarketPaintbrush.png

WeisMandala.png
 Description:
Weis Mandala
 Filesize:  3.26 MB
 Viewed:  451 Time(s)

WeisMandala.png

PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Acoustic Interloper

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
nice! Very Happy

Thanks, PHOBoS. It really is getting harder to find things on the grocery shelves. I don't think that it's just my aging. A lot more varieties in brands and varieties in packaging. They are probably all made at the same place. Twisted Evil At least today the visual noise inspired me. Very Happy

On the other hand, I'd better get off the visuals and onto the music, if I hope to have something ready for June Solstice! Shocked Thanks for setting that up. I should be signing up within a week. Wink

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Acoustic Interloper wrote:
It really is getting harder to find things on the grocery shelves. I don't think that it's just my aging. A lot more varieties in brands and varieties in packaging. They are probably all made at the same place. Twisted Evil At least today the visual noise inspired me. Very Happy

Nice artwork!!!! Also, I would encourage you to visit an ophthalmologist--even if its just to get the official explanation of normal eye changes that occur with aging.
Steve
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice ones ... but uh oh, don't show these at the shop, or they'll make it like that Shocked

And yes, shops are made so that you can not find anything, that's also why they change the location of things every now and then ...

Acoustic Interloper

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Nice ones ... but uh oh, don't show these at the shop, or they'll make it like that Shocked

And yes, shops are made so that you can not find anything, that's also why they change the location of things every now and then ...

I find cursing loudly helps me to find things more quickly.

One of the staff came running over to make sure I was finding what I needed. My wife said they may have been concerned about corporate espionage.

"Hmmm, look at what they've got on the shelves at Weis." Twisted Evil

Acoustic Interloper

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MusicMan11712 wrote:
I would encourage you to visit an ophthalmologist--even if its just to get the official explanation of normal eye changes that occur with aging.
Steve

Yeah, my wife and I have regular visits to the eye doctors. She more than I, since she has a form of macular degeneration that could lead to blindness. Fortunately, a drug that was experimental when she started, has arrested and partially reversed the condition. She hasn't needed an injection to the eye in a couple of years. That articles says, "At present, Macular Degeneration is considered an incurable eye disease.", which is a false statement for her case, so beware what you believe.

My worst problem is occasional visual migraines that result in temporary loss of visual integration -- things look like seen through shards of glass with pulsing areas of light, always go away in 20 to 30 minutes. Teaching through one of these is hard, but they don't happen very often.

Acoustic Interloper

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One for the road. Cool

Actually, I will take a few still shots in the planetarium to post when I get back in there soon.

Have 8 1000-watt-each amplified PA speakers to start using for spatial sound in the planetarium. I am thinking of playing the room as one big no-input mixer, using an omni mic for feedback with an assortment of different filters & fx fanning out to distinct speakers. I need to be *very* careful.

Groceries.png
 Description:
Just so much fun to play. :-)
 Filesize:  2.02 MB
 Viewed:  389 Time(s)

Groceries.png

Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze » Miscellaneous DIY Art
Jump to: