electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Spanish book on synth electronics - free download
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Mooger5

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Spanish book on synth electronics - free download Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Nueva generación de instrumentos musicales electrónicos" (1977) by Juan Bermudez.
Free version (says right in the cover) revised 2011 by the author.
Spanish only.

http://www.hispasonic.com/tutoriales/edicion-revisada-nueva-generacion-instrumentos-musicales-electronicos/7166
Sebo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gracias!!!
https://www.facebook.com/cosaquitos/
guitarfool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice find!

Some really nice schematics - of special note is the diode ring VCA on page 113 - I wonder how good the CV rejection is.
andrewF

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, some good building block circuits in there.
Mooger5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sebo wrote:
Gracias!!!

De nada! (Sou português mas entendo perfeitamente a escrita castelhana, creio). Smile

guitarfool wrote:
Very nice find!

Some really nice schematics - of special note is the diode ring VCA on page 113 - I wonder how good the CV rejection is.

You´re welcome! The VCA is exponential because of the diodes, right?
The 0,1u cap blocks DC except some initial thump, right? So is a good CV rejection depending on the symmetry? Maybe with feedback adjust on the inverter and matched diodes?
On the same page the author´s comment to the circuit is that the distortion isn´t very intolerable so the device could be used in very simple systems of moderate compromise... maybe he´s hinting at the signal going through the diodes. Perhaps bypassing the input attenuation would make it a voltage controlled fuzz... Smile

andrewF wrote:
thanks, some good building block circuits in there.

You´re welcome. Not bad for a free edition of a 1975 book, right? Wink It also explains how some basic stuff works in a very accessible way. For instance I finally got to know how phasers work. And further on there´s a more thorough section on how to build a modular synthesizer, with complete schematics.

Diode Ring VCA.JPG
 Description:
Diode Ring VCA
 Filesize:  26.4 KB
 Viewed:  366 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

Diode Ring VCA.JPG

Last edited by Mooger5 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mooger5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just noticed the IC is a 747 dual opamp, not 2 741s.
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/9030/NSC/LM747CN.html
It´s a bit obscure, isn´t it?
n.d

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, i´ve seen that guy´s name on the befaco webpage. He´s giving wokshops and such in barcelona. http://befaco.org/
And hispasonic says he won an award on that book.
Mooger5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the link. The Befaco site looks full of useful info.
electricanada

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Spanish book on synth electronics - free download Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mooger5 wrote:
"Nueva generación de instrumentos musicales electrónicos" (1977) by Juan Bermudez.
Free version (says right in the cover) revised 2011 by the author.
Spanish only.

http://www.hispasonic.com/tutoriales/edicion-revisada-nueva-generacion-instrumentos-musicales-electronicos/7166

Can anyone tell me where to get this book today? The old link above has gone dead. Muchas gracias....
gabbagabi

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

www.mediafire.com/file/my7pe1pu4f33i3n/NUEVA_GENERACI%C3%93N_INSTRUMENTOS_MUSICALES_ELECTR%C3%93NICOS.pdf
electricanada

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

g.gabba wrote:
www.mediafire.com/file/my7pe1pu4f33i3n/NUEVA_GENERACI%C3%93N_INSTRUMENTOS_MUSICALES_ELECTR%C3%93NICOS.pdf

Thanks mucho! Now I'm going to have to brush up my Spanish and learn the audio and electronics vocabulary.
MapacheRaper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gracias chingón maestro GGgabba. Le echaremos un ojo Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: