electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » The Repair Shop
Telemark-K V1 keyboard behavior
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
biscuitdough

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Telemark-K V1 keyboard behavior Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all, I just bought an Analogue Solutions Telemark, V1, keyboard edition. It seems to have some quirks/problems:

1. Is the quantization/scaling adjustable? It plays out of tune with itself. Play a note; the same note an octave higher will be about 50 cents flat, an octave lower about 50 cents sharp.

2. The keyboard seems to provide last-note priority, but only allows up to two notes to be played legato in this way. For example if I play a note and press another key, it rightly plays the second tone, but if I release the second key while still holding the first, it does not return to the first note. Is this normal? And is this the only way the keyboard sends note information, or can it be set to a more typical configuration?

Both behaviors are replicated when using a MIDI controller. I don't have anything that sends CV to test CV with.

I'm deciding whether to send it back or eat the cost of repair, since I got a pretty good price on it. Can any analogue synth folks, especially Telemark owners or former owners, please let me know if #1 is an easy fix and if #2 is normal?

I also emailed Analogue Solutions, but time is of the essence in case I want to return it.

Thanks!
biscuitdough

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tom from AS got right back to me. I just needed to do the calibration described in the manual. I did it from the menus because it wasn't too wildly off, but the hardware operation seems pretty simple as well.

The keyboard behavior is apparently normal. I wonder if there's a custom OS that can be loaded onto the MIDI/CV converter to make it keep the gate open like a vintage polysynth. It would be great to have that option, and maybe to be able to select between last note, highest note and lowest note. The keyboard itself seems to be the only shoddy thing about this synth - I've heard that they're just off the shelf MIDI controllers and not made by AS. Fortunately I got a good deal on the synth, so it didn't cost any more than a used V1 Telemark desktop unit would have.

Anyway, just goes to show, read the WHOLE manual. I had skimmed it but missed the very simple calibration directions.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » The Repair Shop
Jump to: