electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Euro 281 -- Double Dual Function Generator
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 2 of 2 [37 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Ayab

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi AlanP

Great project.

I'd be interested in a set of pcb's and a panel

Very Happy
MapacheRaper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Idem, I would go for one or two PCB sets depending on price.

Do you have the BOM to take a peek?
Ayab

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LFLab wrote:
MapacheRaper wrote:
You are doing a fantastic work!

If you plan to sell PCBs when they are ready please put me in the list. This module is like a 2x version of Maths, more or less, isn´t?

flower

Maths also has 4 attenuaverters, voltage control over cycling, analog logic, and summing signals. But yeah, it is a start Smile

I have not used "Maths" what is the main functionality advantage over this?
AlanP

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maths has offset and a mixer built into it, apart from the Peak Out, this does not. (I don't own Maths, so can't really speak to it.)

I'm waiting on some 3296P trimmers to arrive so I can check their fitment on my 0.3 boards (I used some RV36 trimmers, they don't fit quite right), and then I'll order ten sets of revised panel and PCBs.
LFLab

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ayab wrote:
LFLab wrote:
MapacheRaper wrote:
You are doing a fantastic work!

If you plan to sell PCBs when they are ready please put me in the list. This module is like a 2x version of Maths, more or less, isn´t?

flower

Maths also has 4 attenuaverters, voltage control over cycling, analog logic, and summing signals. But yeah, it is a start Smile

I have not used "Maths" what is the main functionality advantage over this?

Rather than "just" create a voltage which goes up and then down (under voltage control), one can create much more complex modulation voltages (I do not have Maths myself, but there are youtube videos), by combining the outputs of individual slope generators or external control voltages.
MapacheRaper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There´s a virtual modular called VCV RACK. Befaco itself have programmed a software version of Rampage, which is quite similar to Maths, so you can play with the module in digital before purchasing it.

I didn´t got Maths untill I played the digital Rampage. Now Im looking to build one. (Rampage)
AlanP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ordered a set of new revision boards (v0.4). Fixed the insanely close vias on EngA PCB, and also added holes for the LEDs in the front panel Mad

Just uses usual components, and LM13x00 OTA, not the CA3080. The switches on it are Tayda solder-lug type.

I'll update again once I've verified this new revision.
AlanP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://alanp.info/builddocs/ddfg%200.4.pdf

Can anyone spot any problems with the build doc?
MapacheRaper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I read it on the phone and seemed all correct and tasty Wink
AlanP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-70679.html
Ayab

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlanP wrote:
http://alanp.info/builddocs/ddfg%200.4.pdf

Can anyone spot any problems with the build doc?

Hi Alanp

Read through doc's twice: Excellent, concise and easily understood. You have obviously very carefully written the doc's they are a perfect walk through of the build so that problems can be avoided - imho they are really good.

Please confirm me as a customer Very Happy
Ayab

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just received a pcb and panel set from Alanp - arrived in about a week from NZ.

Very happy with the quality of the aluminium panel and the pcb's.

Going to be a pretty crowded panel but should be easy to get used to as it is duplicates of the same functions.

Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 2 of 2 [37 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: