electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Developers' Corner
Simple DIY dsPIC Project
Page 7 of 7 [159 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
jofre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. It looks like you believe you have posted dspic details (MPLAB project), however, it is not the case !

Page 2 as you pointed at, is showing 25 postings, 4 of them containing links for zip files downloads, the first is the flute verilog project, the second, same but version h, the third, version i and the fourth just some correction on previous verision. None of them are having MPLAB files like .c, .mcp etc. All of them are dot_V files which I imagine are related to verilog. There are also zip files for the VB patch.

It might be you've misplaced the MPLAB zip, and as nobody else asked,( as mentioned , I myself checked all of them a couple of years ago and did no bother to ask at that time) until yesterday when this thread showed up again on a google search related to dspic sound or so.

You've asked what I want ; I have 2 or 3 dspic33, dspic30 and PIC24s small boards that I worked with SPI, UART, I2C, ADC , Capacitive Touch, etc etc an never used the DAC, hence I found interesting making sound , but I do not have a clue on the tables, oscillators, etc , then my query on basic stuff to get started. If you still have the MPLAB project you've mentioned available, please, correct the post on page 2 or upload in new post.

Thanks again....... JV.
JovianPyx

Audio files: 224

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My mistake, I posted it in another thread here:

THIS THREAD.

The search feature on this site isn't what we'd all like it to be.

The project source is documented and has all information necessary to make the dsPIC made sound through it's internal DACs.

P.S. Just so you know, your first post rant did not motivate me to help you. I have a history of helping people here with information, source code and schematics and have done so for many years. I do this free because I enjoy helping people. A bit of consideration for the amount of work people like me put in here would take you a very long way. Quite honestly, when I read your first post I was put off by your abrasive attitude and I almost just ignored you. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. If you treat me like that again, I promise you that I will ignore you.

Time flies like a banana.
Fruit flies when you're having fun.
BTW, Do these genes make my ass look fat?
corruptio optimi pessima
VA1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Where is the "DIY" ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jofre wrote:

I did several projects with dspic and I've posted 100% of the info , again, I am not asking you doing the same , as every person is free to do whatever pleased, but one more time , if you are sharing a "DIY" you should post the basic foundations , otherwise, do not post anything at all or title it kind of look what I did with a dsPIC ... can you beat me doing it better?

What can you share ?, link pls.
Nothing ?, then ignore this forum spammer.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked pwew eh .. warm outside isn't it.
jofre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jovian,

Thanks for the info, yes, that thread I've never seen before and apart of the code you mentioned in the MPLAB project I will read all the posts.

Epistolary exchange is always like that, there are no face expressions or sound involved and the message spirit can be easily turned 180 degrees. This is why I've put "with my due respect" in the post. I've tried to convey what as a reader I've perceived , given that I was visiting that thread two years ago and it is true there is not info at all on the dsPIC.

My apologies for upsetting you, but, the title of the thread with the dsPIC DIY words in it also upset myself as, my perception, was that you was showing off your feats with very few details on the dsPIC. Continuing with the fishing example, it looked like you was showing the big catches with no details of how or where.

Now for the others acting and asking aggressively , I do not have much internet activity , but below are links you can see by yourself . All of them are very little and humble projects compared with Jovian flute project.

https://www.texonix.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R01OYvX9Le4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_fNZk-Oxm8

Or if you need anything I did with dsPIC or Raspberry pi I can send you details if you need. Lately, I had a dsPIC33 working as slave in I2C in order to be controlled by a Python script from RPI.

Thanks......JV
JovianPyx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I clicked the first link and I don't see any dsPIC information there, just Raspberry Pi stuff. Maybe it got moved?

I boycott youtube due to their lack of free speech, so I won't look at those videos and truthfully, I get very little out of youtubes anyway. Posts of source code and schematics, if that exists, would be hard to use from a video anyway. Video "demonstrations" don't do me any more good than a posted mp3 file where I can hear what your design does.

When you stated that you did several dsPIC projects and posted 100% of the info - where is that? Does it include documented source code, schematic and other info? I'd be interested to have a look.

As for the musical examples I posted, those are to encourage others by showing what the dsPIC (for example) can do, not goading someone to do it better. Most of those examples are from other projects I've done and I cannot post the source for that because the principles involved are being used in the development of commercial products (I am retired and it is intended to be a source of supplemental income - call it "beer money"). The commercial module and synth box market is very vertical and full of competition.

You will find that if you simply ask a respectful question here, people will answer. Don't assume you know what a poster's intentions are, because at least in my case, you got it wrong. Perhaps if you need to add the caveat "with all due respect" it might be better to think more about what you're saying and the way you say it.

corruptio optimi pessima
jofre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No problem, no issues. As I mentioned, I do no have much stuff on the internet, and I've meant I share my projects , but not all are with dsPIC on that site is only the capacitive touch the code and schematic is not uploaded but I can send anytime. In fact, at the end of the article I've put that notice based on comments I will put the project on. Thing is nobody commented !

The youtube is also dsPIC programing using Simulink to make a led flash from scratch without writing any code just graphic Simulink.

Below is what I did with dsPIC and if you or anyone else need I can upload:

Speedometer and heading indicator using dspic33, GPS module , and char LCD display.

Working Code using graphic LCD ea-DOG-m 64 X 132. I wanted to merge above with this making a nicer display instead of the chars but did not have time.

Capacitive Touch ( Tic Tac Toe mentioned and a simple 2 buttons)

Configure dsPIC as I2C slave. This is not difficult , but very few info on internet as most info is as a Master. I've verified it sending commands with an RPI.

Then others are just simple UART communication , PWM , soft SPI to control led strips etc just pieces of code used for different testing.

Thanks...... Jv
JovianPyx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If only the dsPIC DACs were not so noisy, I think commercial products would have appeared long ago. It's the only bitch I have to pitch about it. Very clever CPU design and quite fast for a device that still has through-hole parts available. True DSP instructions (though MPLAB's compiler doesn't use them unless you code in assembly language). Very much fun to play with. Please feel free to study the flute project and use it as a template for your own needs, you should be able to tear out my synth and replace it with your own. To do polyphony, you'll need to modify the MIDI controller which is written in assembly language, the monosynth MIDI controller doesn't have a voice assigner, so that needs to be written. I think there's a lot that can be done with both poly and mono and whatever else you can imagine.

corruptio optimi pessima
jofre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, I am making a little pcb just for this as all my other boards are overcrowded. I make them as per below link.

http://elm-chan.org/docs/wire/wiring_e.html

Then SMD is not a problem, just a little patience and a magnifying visor. But I do have a couple of 28 pin DIL dsPIC33 E series which I like to put in socket and I will put a dual single supply OPAMP at the DAC outputs and then start playing with the code.
I must tell I do not understand much music ( I wish I could) or patches ( midi I understand from the protocol stand point which for me looks like UART communication of a sequences of keynotes) . My first stage will be to make "electronic noise" like 80's arcade games. Then I will try to put something easy like a happy birthday song if that is possible.
Page 7 of 7 [159 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Developers' Corner
Jump to: