electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
trying to figure out how to debounce a switch..
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Musica_En_Fuego

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: trying to figure out how to debounce a switch.. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hopefully you can see these images. So, as you can see. I tried to mix the 4093 debounce circuit with the 555 timer toy organ. But from trying this out, it doesn't work. I've tried different configurations. But I either get a lot of horrible noise..or nothing. I don't think circuit is even made for this configuration...At least I found out...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/skVwqoC2n2vkSbsk6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9xP1Jq8TwKaTgebx7
Grumble

Audio files: 30

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Iguess that what you are trying to do is to make an oscillator that changes frequency when you push one of the buttons?
If so, you can leave out the 4093 all together. Since this is an oscillator you will not notice the bounce of the switch (my guess)

Musica_En_Fuego

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That makes sense. I kinda figured that, but just wasn't too sure about it. Oh, btw that toy organ is from Forrest Mims book. I just then added the debouncing circuit to it.
Richarius

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Musica_En_Fuego wrote:
That makes sense. I kinda figured that, but just wasn't too sure about it. Oh, btw that toy organ is from Forrest Mims book. I just then added the debouncing circuit to it.

My very 1st 'noise machine' in the Summer of 1986, was based on a clock circuit based around 2 x CD4011 NAND Gates in one of Forrest M. Mimms III's books.

2 x CD4011 chips, some pots and switches gave me either 4 non-modulated voices; 2 modulated or a modulated voice and 2 non.

That little guy pumped through a stack of effects units, gave me a 30 minute 'movement' of peacefulness; wonder and abrupt audio horror - that I've never been able to reproduce.

Ahhhhh, memories. Laughing

Keep working from Forrest. Lots of great writings that were easy for almost everyone to understand. Lots of great help here from others as well. Smile

Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: