electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
First release Date NM G1 ??
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject: First release Date NM G1 ?? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, just wodered when i had first contact with the G1..was years before i actually got one, since it only run with windows at the time. I actually regretted quickly that i have´nt bought a windows pc just for the NM, since it became such an important instrument for me very quickly. I only had ms20, ms 50, sq10, roland 100.. Ok only is the wrong word, really great sounding stuff..especially the roland 100. But the NM was like a huge modular, where you was able to patch whole tracks,drum machines, and modulate them. What you can do now with the doepfer frame system. But back in the day a huge analog modular capable of that was only for rich people. The NM1 was really a revolution that gave digital synths a whole other meaning. Reaching levels hard to achive with analog modular.. polyphone patches.. possible analog too..but even today only for rich people Wink

So the first relaase of the NM1 is a mark worthy date.. Just not so easy to google. What is a surprise for such an iconic instrument.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I bought it somewhere like what ... 20 to 25 years ago .. which was pretty early on .. I think .. wikipedia says 1998 was the release year.. so that would be 21 years ago or so.. then let me guess a bit .. release would have been just before NAMM or Musikmesse .. probably in those days the latter would be more relevant to Clavia .. so I'd guess spring 1998 then .. sorry just trying to connect up some old neurons here Rolling Eyes

Ah there was a May 1998 review by Paul Nagle in SOS .. https://web.archive.org/web/20150608005258/http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/may98/articles/clavia.html ah .. and an earlier one in March of that year apparently .. http://nolimitsoundproductions.blogspot.com/2013/09/Clavia-Nord-Modular-Virtual-Analogue-Modular-Synthesizer-Part-1.html .. oh .. and in February SOS seems to have had a preview .. but can not find that online.

It was an amazing thing, heck it still is!

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The preview :: http://nolimitsoundproductions.blogspot.com/2013/09/clavia-nord-modular.html
3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

really 98? not a little earlier? So clavia have´nt been so sluggish with porting it to the Mac as i memorize it. Just one year? Back than it felt like ages...
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: