electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Resonant Lopass Gate PCB's (New Batch 4/29/12)
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 38 of 38 [927 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 36, 37, 38
wackelpeter

Audio files: 10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

regarding your Problem with the resonance starting too early this can be solved by playing around with the 51k resistor… if i remember Right it has to be increased too reduce resonance and thus the starting Point... and as said before, if my Memory serves me just well enough i ended up with something in the 120k or 150k area there…

I'll have to say i'm not sure if they self-oscillate with this values good enough, but i found the self-oscillation range on them and that it was nearly 20Vpp to be not much suited to my taste...

i was Setting them up first in Gate/VCA mode to get a 1:1 gain Ratio with the Input Signal, then switched to VCF mode and played with this resistor value until i got a nice Looking and sounding resonant Sound with a saw tooth of ca.500Hz added as Input Signal...

That was where if ound them sounding the best, pinged with some triggers of the cgs gate to trigger converter, they'll respond with some nice pluckey, close to some "real" stringed Instruments like bass or guitar with some tape delay added… very warm and natural sounds… at least to me...

And well when you set it up first in gain mode for 1:1 gain between Input and Output (Manual Offset at zero/down), then with a 0-5V Gate Signal and then you should also notice the effect of the trimpot… if not get back and we will look into it again

Edit: one advice to anyone who is going to build it, don't do the same mistake of adding just one CV Input as i did… when you wish to combine pinged/triggered Cv Input with some other CV Input and mix it in a VC Mixer, then to me the great Response to the triggers get lost, due to the slew added to the triggers in the mixer… Maybe something better as TL072 might minimize this effect… I haven't meaured it yet, but just from Hearing it sounded different and less plucky, even with no other CV source added into the mixer and only the triggers routed through the mixer into the CV Input of the LPG...

intercorni

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Many thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 38 of 38 [927 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 36, 37, 38
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: