electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
PT2399 with gate sequencer idea...
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mike page

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: PT2399 with gate sequencer idea... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heres an idea. The clk out of the pt2399 is divided into 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1 or 1 1/2
of a delay length, this is used to clk a simple shiftreg gate sequencer.
(The extra circuitry for the PT2399 is omitted in this diagram to keep it simple)

Alternatively the gate could be used to chop up the wet, dry or feedback path. Heck could chuck an R2R off of the shift reg and sequence the delay rate.

Any thoughts?

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Richarius

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the odd time divisions but ... we can do some of them using the CD4013 F/F's as well.
With the PT2399 though, there could be some interesting possibilities. If you breadboard it, it'd be cool to see / hear what's up, with possibilities.

Laihal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey! did ou ever get a chance to build this? i have the bits to try enroute but i'd love to hear it!
mike page

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ive built a stereo version of this and it does all the dividing and gating nicely.

theres a really annoying bug though!

Theres a hum from the 4040s that somehow gets into the audio.
The 4040s are on a separate 5v regulator to the delay.

the hum pitches along with rate modulation and if i disconnect the clock from the 4040s it stops. So I know its them. Interestingly the hum isnt present on the buffered dry input signal. So I suppose we can presume it is occuring in the pt2399 circuitry.

Any thoughts? Its really annoying because its a really cool device apart from the hum!
Steveg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Possibly you need more aggressive filtering.
This article about similar problems in a refurbish of a Stringz'n'things.
http://www.stefanv.com/electronics/oh-the-noise.html talks about managing the noise from an old BBD chip.
mike page

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i found a hacky fix which worked well enough. The feedback pot on the echo circuit i used is a voltage divider. I Disconnected it from ground and the hum disappeared.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: