electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
Senode aleatoric "live jam" (w/ FieldScaper, Borderlands...)
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
ajp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject: Senode aleatoric "live jam" (w/ FieldScaper, Borderlands...) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...and by "live jam" I mean I set up the network and pressed play.

I generally make more melodic electronic stuff, as featured in my other post. But here's a darker semi-ambient, aleatoric piece that's probably a bit more in line with the experimental leanings of electro-music.com.

I wanted to create something in the vein of Eno's Music for Airports but with a denser, harder tonality and timbral quality; sort of Blade Runner-esque... so... Music for Spaceports?

What I love about the Eno's ambient work is that it's not just monophonic drones or atonal noise. There's melody and harmony and an evolution, but no "progression" per se. The beginnings and endings of songs are arbitrary, in truth the pieces are endless, eternal.
He did it by phasing musical phrases so they never quite line up. My approach here has more regularized timing, but the semi-randomization in the network allows a constantly changing harmonization that seems like its going somewhere but doesn't. Almost like a Shepard tone.

Senode network driving a couple instances of Zeeon synth.
Hosted in Audiobus2 and AUM, with Borderlands Granular and processing by FieldScaper in looper mode, Dedalus delay, EOS 2, and Stereo Designer.

Visuals from TouchDesigner with realtime elements being triggered by Bluetooth MIDI from the Senode network.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty nice one that :-)
ajp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Pretty nice one that Smile

Thanks! I still typically end up with more "traditional" musical elements even when not making "songs" per se, but I'm looking forward to putting more experimental stuff here....
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: