electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Wogglebug circuit
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 14 of 14 [332 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14
davebr

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: LED Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tommi wrote:
Quote:
One way would be to replace D3 with a LED and change R20 to set the appropriate current.

You ment that I could change R32(20K), maybe lowering it to make the led brighter? Are you sure that lowering the value of that resistor wouldn't affect some way the clocking of the S&H chip, i mean that it maybe could lower the level of the square wave?

Yes, R32, 20K. The op amp can source several mA of current so the square wave level won't change much. The LED will add another 2V of drop so it will change the op amp level from ~14V to ~12 volts. It shouldn't affect anything. I wouldn't take R32 lower than 3K, which would be ~ 4 mA. That should be bright enough and still within the op-amp specs.

Dave
tommi

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks again dave for your suggestions!
I 'll report my building as soon as i 'll got my hands on the PCB.

matrixmodulator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just reviving this old post to test my first post with my new account, thanks for the info here, i'm troubleshooting mine soon Smile Anyone built it recently? I'm curious to see the ones built for euro. Very Happy Very Happy
GKMendenhall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

matrixmodulator wrote:
Just reviving this old post to test my first post with my new account, thanks for the info here, i'm troubleshooting mine soon Smile Anyone built it recently? I'm curious to see the ones built for euro. Very Happy Very Happy

Same here.

I just finished recreating a copy of Grant Richter's Wogglebug #3 schematic in EasyEDA and I plan on converting it to Eurorack format and getting PCBs made for my DIY synth.

Feel free to have a look and tell me what I did wrong so we can get this thing working!

Wogglebug_3_schematic.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Wogglebug_3_schematic.pdf
 Filesize:  218.57 KB
 Downloaded:  322 Time(s)

matrixmodulator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GKMendenhall wrote:
matrixmodulator wrote:

Same here.

I just finished recreating a copy of Grant Richter's Wogglebug #3 schematic in EasyEDA and I plan on converting it to Eurorack format and getting PCBs made for my DIY synth.

Feel free to have a look and tell me what I did wrong so we can get this thing working!

I finished mine a few weeks ago.

[/img]

wogglefinished.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  85.3 KB
 Viewed:  166 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

wogglefinished.JPG

GKMendenhall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

matrixmodulator wrote:
GKMendenhall wrote:
matrixmodulator wrote:

Same here.

Which version is this and where did you find the schematic?

TBH, I kind of just stumbled onto the one I posted....

I finished mine a few weeks ago.

[/img]
PERFORMANCE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm thinking about building a Wogglebug on stripboard/ perfboard but I really don't want to invest that much money into Vactrol-clones if it doesn't work in the end - so of course I'm thinking about crafting my own with LDRs and LEDs. I've already ordered a couple of different LDRs and LEDs (since they can serve other purposes as well - so no waste of money on those) and I'd like to know wether anybody of you has any experience in replacing the Vactrols in the WB circuit with diy versions?!

Cheers and thank you,

Dommi
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 14 of 14 [332 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: