electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Music From Chez Mosc
Page 10 of 13 [316 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
well-done

I liked that one a lot, thanks for playing!

Thanks

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is our set from last night, Jan 4, 2020. We played on the electro-music.com New Years Eve streaming concert but had some catastrophic equipment failures. The recording of that concert was unusable. So, this is essentially our NYE redo. We played some of the same stuff we did at NYE, but this time the equipment worked fine.

Thanks to Phobos for organizing the NYE event.

We call this Homage Der Mann with thoughts of Beethoven's 5th Symphony. The music is nothing like that symphony but we had just watched a YouTube video about it; a weak connection at best.

Homage der Mann.mp3
 Description:
Homage Der Mann by Twyndyllyngs
Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz

A Chez Mosc program. This recording is intended as a substitute for the electro-music.com New Years Eve concert that was messed up by equipment failures.

Copyright 2020 by Bill Fox and Howar

Download
 Filename:  Homage der Mann.mp3
 Filesize:  55.5 MB
 Downloaded:  896 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A great redo - there was too much street noise (fireworks) on NYE one to hear your set anyway Laughing
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject: Radio Banner
Subject description: Banner for Howard to Use
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Howard has created a Chez Mosc / Twyndyllyngs radio station. One might call it Radio 07 since it is at the bottom of the radio page:
http://radio.electro-music.com
Howard says that it there is enough material for six days of music! I hope you enjoy it.

The radio station needs a 150x60 banner and Howard asked me to create one. This is my proposal. Unfortunately, the elements used to create Chez Mosc banners of the past are lost so I had to recreate the basic elements from scratch. This time, I've saved all the steps along the way.

BTW, if any of you MAC users out there know how to use Preview to create graphics, I'm hoping you'll be able to answer this question:
First, I open two jpg files. I do <command>a and <command>c on one file. Then in the other file, I do <command>v to past in what I copied from the first file. I would like to grab a toggle on a vertical or horizontal edge to resize what I've pasted *without* maintaining the aspect ratio. Can anyone tell me how to do that? I thought that's how it used to work but ElCapitan (iMac late 2009) doesn't do that. It's maintaining the aspect ration which is NOT what I want to do.

radio_banner.jpg
 Description:
Proposed banner for Chex Mosc Radio.
 Filesize:  15.04 KB
 Viewed:  23133 Time(s)

radio_banner.jpg

--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill

Last edited by djfoxyfox on Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

O .. I had forgotten this .. will put that image in .. it does not realy .. hmm .. comply .. or whatever .. with the other radio images .. but then again .. such will give me the freedom to change radio 6 too Laughing

Thanks for supplying an image!

Edit: ok - it's active now.

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: No Pandemic Can Keep a Good Band Down Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Live music by Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz May 2, 2020 via Ninjam software. This was an experiment to test out the software and to see if we can play together without seeing each other in real time and with some latency due to digital path delays on the internet.

The result is that this is a viable possibility, especially for ambient or electronic music of the type we play together.

twyndyllyngs-ninjam-2020May2.mp3
 Description:
Live music by Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz May 2, 2020 via Ninjam software. This was an experiment to test out the software and to see if we can play together without seeing each other in real time and with some latency due to digital path delays on the

Download
 Filename:  twyndyllyngs-ninjam-2020May2.mp3
 Filesize:  50.11 MB
 Downloaded:  790 Time(s)

Last edited by mosc on Sun May 03, 2020 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the set we played tonight. Again we used Ninjam but this time we got two stereo recordings which we are able to mix and adjust the balance. There were a couple of drop-outs which were easy to hide with Reaper.

Bill and I have started rehearsing on Tuesday nights, not so much to get the music right, but to get the technology right for collaborating in this time of Covid 19 shelter in place.

We're starting to get the hang of it. It's different, but it's still rewarding. We look at these things as club dates.

Enjoy...

twyndyllyngs-ninjam-2020May9.mp3
 Description:
A shelter in place performance enabled by the Ninjam program

Recorded by Twyndyllyngs, Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
May 9, 2020

We're starting to get the hang of this. This recording offers two significant improvements in audio quality. We recorded to

Download
 Filename:  twyndyllyngs-ninjam-2020May9.mp3
 Filesize:  47.09 MB
 Downloaded:  759 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's tonight's Twydyllyngs performance on Chez Mosc. Again, we were in separate cities using Ninjam. There were some technical problems that are possibly related to DSL not having adequate uplink capacity. Also, some of the listeners of the live broadcast couldn't hear Bill's parts. In this recording Bill is certainly there.

We are enjoying doing these performances. It takes the edge off of social distancing.

Hope you enjoy...

Twyndyllyngs2020May23.mp3
 Description:
Live recording of Twyndyllyngs, Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz, May 23, 2020
Chez Mosc program

Ninjam collaboration from different cities

Copyright 2020 by Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
Listen freely

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs2020May23.mp3
 Filesize:  48.48 MB
 Downloaded:  746 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject: Twyndyllyngs on Ninjam Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is Twyndyllyngs, Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz, performing with Ninjam on Chez Mosc on August 8, 2020. Bill was in Nazareth and I was in Allentown. The link and server behaved very well, but it was difficult to maintain the balance between us and play at the same time. So I did a bit of "mastering" on the recording to adjust the levels.

This proformance is a bit droney but by far the best Ninjam set so far. I think we'll have to adjust the levels on these going forward.

We hope you'll enjoy this...

Listen freely here...

Twyndyllyngs-2020-8-8-Ninjam.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs Live with Ninjam
Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz

Listen freely

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-2020-8-8-Ninjam.mp3
 Filesize:  49.35 MB
 Downloaded:  709 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is the Sept 18 program. The first half is missing for some reason, usually pilot error.

Twyndyllyngs-2020-9-19-Ninjam.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs on Chez Mosc Sept 18, 2020

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-2020-9-19-Ninjam.mp3
 Filesize:  19.22 MB
 Downloaded:  585 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is Twyndyllyngs, Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz, performing on Sept 12, 2020 (I think). This is one of the first Ninjam sessions where Bill was in Nazareth and Howard was in Allentown, PA. This is pretty laid back.

twyndyllyngs-2020-09-12.mp3
 Description:
Twyndylings Sept 12, 2020 live recording via Ninjam on Chez Mosc

copyright 2020 by Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz

Download
 Filename:  twyndyllyngs-2020-09-12.mp3
 Filesize:  52.25 MB
 Downloaded:  577 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is Twyndyllyngs, Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz's set for the electro-music.com September Equinox Streaming Concert. Again, Bill and Howard were in different cities and used the program Ninjam to play together.

This one was a pretty good performance as we remember it.

Thanks again to Phobos and the gang for putting on another splendid event. There was some really great music.

Twyndyllyngs-2020-9-19-Ninjam.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs Live Performance via Ninjam
Recorded September 19, 2020 as part of the electro-music.com 2020 September Equinox Concert

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-2020-9-19-Ninjam.mp3
 Filesize:  19.22 MB
 Downloaded:  519 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the Chez Mosc peformance by Twyndyllyngs, Bill Fox and Howad Moscovitz, from October 10, 2020. This is another Ninjam session; we were in different cities. This is another relaxing session. We hope you enjoy it.

rec_20201010-180131.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs Live on Chez Mosc October 10, 2020

Live via Ninjam - Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
copyright 2020 by Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz

Download
 Filename:  rec_20201010-180131.mp3
 Filesize:  55.95 MB
 Downloaded:  573 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is Twyndyllyngs, Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz, playing live on Chez Mosc via Ninjam. This is once again pretty much zone out music. Bill Fox on the Saxophone is featured.

Twyndyllyngs-2020-11-21-Ninjam.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs Live on Chez Mosc Nov 21, 2020 using Ninjam.
Features Bill Fox on the Saxophone

Listen freely

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-2020-11-21-Ninjam.mp3
 Filesize:  52.63 MB
 Downloaded:  544 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's tonight's recording of Bill and me playing via Ninjam as required by the Covid virus. We are really feeling the need to play in the same room. Bill has a new Baritone Guitar which plays in the key of B which is rather unusual. Tonight was the first time he has used it for a Twyndyllyngs session. Also featured is Bill playing the Tenor Saxophone.

Twyndyllyngs-2020-12-5.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs Live on Chez Mosc via Ninjam

Copyright 2020 Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-2020-12-5.mp3
 Filesize:  54 MB
 Downloaded:  594 Time(s)

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: Amazing
Subject description: My Thoughts on Musical Social Distancing
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's always amazing for me to hear recordings made under these socially distanced conditions. As you know, Howard is in Allentown and I am a 30 minute drive away in Nazareth. Due to the latencies inflicted on us by Ninjam over the internet, I have no idea how things are turning out while we are playing. That's very strange for a temporally-based musician. On the other hand, since Howard is transmitting our show to the radio server, he at least gets to hear what the final result will be. But that's about as far as that goes.

Temporally speaking, I am forced to ignore Howard while still reacting to what he is playing. Howard can play temporally with me but he knows that I won't be hearing what he plays until at least a second later. How anyone can get decent results under such odd conditions is amazing to me. Howard and I are both itching to be in the same room again. Fingers crossed that it might be doable by mid-year 2021.

Meanwhile, Howard and I will keep on keeping on and fully appreciate that anyone else enjoys our efforts enough to tune in once, let along weekly! At the very least, these broadcasts help both Howard and me to keep a grip on our sanity.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A bit overdue is Tywndyllyngs performance of March 6, 2021 on the Chez Mosc program. Bill and I have finally gotten a good recording using Ninjam as we are isolated by the Covid epidemic. That partially explains why there has been a drop in our postings of performances.

Three things have contributed to our improving the Ninjam performances.

1) Bill upgraded to a high-speed internet service.
2) I set up a Ninjam server on my local computer.
3) We have finally gotten comfortable with playing together without being in the same place and with a delay.

Hope you enjoy it...

Twyndyllyngs-2021-3-6.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs Live on Chez Mosc Match 6, 2021

Live via Ninjam - Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
copyright 2021 by Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-2021-3-6.mp3
 Filesize:  49 MB
 Downloaded:  469 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We present for you our performance on the March Equinox Concert of March 20, 2021. This was another Ninjam session where we were in separate towns because of the Covid social distancing situation.

This years March Equinox concert had some fantastic performances. We are honored to have been part of it.

Twyndyllyngs-2021-3-20.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs Live on Chez Mosc via Ninjam
March Equinox Concert
March 20, 2021

Copyright 2021 Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-2021-3-20.mp3
 Filesize:  54.62 MB
 Downloaded:  485 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tonight we (I) had some technical problems so we got off to a late start (about 20 minutes). Nevertheless we got of a fun to play performance considering all.

Unfortunately people on the stream reported after it was all over that they perceived that Bill's channel wasn't coming through. --sigh--

Everything came through on the recording though and I'm posting it here hoping people who heard the live stream might comment if in fact this sounds different.

We hope you enjoy this recording. Aside from cutting off the chatter at the beginning and the end, there were no edits .

Twyndyllyngs-202105015.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs Live on Chez Mosc
May 15, 2021

Copyright Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
listen freely

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-202105015.mp3
 Filesize:  51.52 MB
 Downloaded:  456 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have moved to Durham, North Carolina so as to be close to my daughter's home and her children. I just got my studio re-wired up and Bill and I have done two Chez Mosc programs remotely so far. I was in Durham and he was back in Nazareth, Pennsylvania. The first one was a technical mess with lots of unwanted distortion, but the one we did last Sunday night came out pretty well. So here it is. The title is "This Is Not Music," a phrase Bill used years ago when Xeroid Entity was tuning up.

Hope you like it. Comments always welcome.

Twyndyllyngs-Ninjam-2021-8-2.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs - Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
Live from Chez Mosc August 2, 2012
Recorded via Ninjam in Nazareth, Pennsylvania and Durham, North Carolina

"This is not music"

Listen freely

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-Ninjam-2021-8-2.mp3
 Filesize:  54.21 MB
 Downloaded:  428 Time(s)

Last edited by mosc on Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This one was very nice!

(and also technically good Smile )

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here at long last is Twyndyllyngs Chez Mosc performance of August 10, 2021. As is now usual, Bill is in Pennsylvania and I'm in North Carolina. We are getting used to making music via the internet.

New constraints require adjustments in how we listen and play together. The delay in each direction can be from 1/2 to 2 seconds, depending on the internet cosmos. Here's what it's like, let's just say for example the delay is 1 second.

I hear myself instantly, and I listen to Bill from 1 second ago when Bill was listening to me from 1 second ago

Visa versa

So, at a minimum. the delay is 1 second. This is the unavoidable electro-acoustical delay of the system. But for the musicians this situation is more complex.

When Bill responds to what he hears me play one second earlier, I won't hear this response to me until 2 seconds after I played. When I respond to Bill's response there is anther 2 seconds from Bill's perspective. These hear-response delays get longer and longer depending on how well we are listening at the time. For want of a better word, I call these hear-response delays, cognitive delays - they are only in our minds.

The cognitive delays are variable in both duration and amplitude, but they are often longer than the fixed unavoidable electro-acoustical delays of the system.

This is no different than when we are in the same room, only the delays are too short to notice. In this case the cognitive delays arise only from the neurological brain-minds of the musicians.

I'm fascinated by these phenomena as they are very significant in improvisational music.

Twyndyllyngs-Ninjam-2021-8-10.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs: Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
Chez Mosc August 8, 2021

All rights reserved
Listen freely

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-Ninjam-2021-8-10.mp3
 Filesize:  53.87 MB
 Downloaded:  411 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another week and another set.

Thanks so much to those of you who tune in regularly on Saturday night or Sunday mornings. Thanks too for listening to these recordings and to our internet radio station. Your support is wonderful.

This set is very relaxing. It might be a little bit better mixed than usual because I have set up a midi control device so I can adjust our relative volumes in real-time, whatever that means.

This set features Bill on guitar and sax as usual, but here we seem to have slowed down even for Twyndyllyngs. The "solos" are getting longer.

Hope you enjoy...

Twyndyllyngs-Ninjam-2021-21-10.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs - Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
Live on Chez Mosc
August 21, 2021

Copyright 2021 by Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
All rights reserved
Listen freely

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-Ninjam-2021-21-10.mp3
 Filesize:  52.87 MB
 Downloaded:  382 Time(s)

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
I call these hear-response delays, cognitive delays - they are only in our minds.
A very interesting explanation of the system. I have two thoughts to contribute.

[1] While Howard gets to hear exactly what is going out to the aetherverse, I have no clue because what what he hears and what he plays is what is being broadcast at that very moment. On the other hand, what I hear is from one second ago and what I play in real time will be heard by Howard and broadcast one second later. That is why when I hear this recording, I'll be hearing for the very first time what Howard and our listeners heard during the concert.

[2] Because of the delays, I find myself doing a lot of "harmonic anticipation." In real time improv, there is a lot of this going on any way.

Oooh, I just heard that epic failure of iSEM from my iPad. Back to my treatise...

Note and chord choice becomes a cognitive juggling act. What I hear in Nazareth is not what Howard will hear in Durham. What Howard hears at least is what the world will hear and what gets recorded. I have to judge the time and pitch placements of notes so that it will sound "good" on Howard's end. Since we always included the tension-and-release from the use of dissonances that arise from suspensions and other musical techniques, I count on those techniques to a new, higher level. I'm sure that there are many more such concepts but this is all that I am able to articulate at the moment.

===

With some 700 miles separation, audio delay through the air would be almost an hour. (That ignores the inverse square law that would cut the volume to inaudibility not too distant from the source.) It is amazing that we can knock down that delay by several orders of magnitude merely using an electronic system.

I wonder how the music would change by adding a third musician? In the past, we did that whenever possible and counted on change. But we were all in the same room and the changes would be "limited" to personal tastes, musical knowledge, technical knowledge, and abilities. How chaotic would the system become with these distance delays being integral?

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:04 am    Post subject: On Delay and Repetition Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While improvising, I have always used delays and repetitions as musical techniques. One method was through the use of a looping device. Howard has a dislike of loopers while I love them. Over time, I have taught myself to moderate my looping in order to make the technique more palatable to Howard. I have met with varying degrees of success at different times. Unless I went over the top, Howard usually didn't mention my use of looping.

It is amazing that I have not integrated such a device into my performance rig since Howard moved out of state. Yes, I make extensive use of delays. (I bought one of the last T.C. Electronic Triple Delay pedals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZqkVpgcYmY) But my Akai Headrush Mk II is sitting in its box, unused.

First, there is a matter of space. Where can I put it? My stand has two levels. The lower lever has a keyboard for playing not only its internal sounds but also VSTs on my laptop. The upper level has everything else that isn't held by hand during performance. (Although, the laptop does have its own stand on my right and the iPads are on a stand to my left.) The upper level has two keyboard controllers, three audio interfaces, two powered USB hubs, the Triple Delay, and a mixer. Squeezing the Headrush onto the shelf will be a trick.

Since the mixer is a small affair and I make extensive use of its internal reverb, I don't think that connecting the Headrush to that mixer would be the way to go. However, I recently had a brainwave and may have figured out how to, electronically at least, connect the headrush. The audio interface for getting into and out of the laptop has some spare inputs and outputs. This means that anything coming into the laptop (running Reaper and Ninjam), either my signal or Howard's could be sent out the interface to the Headrush and then sent back to the interface to return signal to a DAW track... where I could process it!

Just thinking out loud...

Page 10 of 13 [316 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: