electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze » Miscellaneous Photo Gallery
This is what my digicam saw today
Page 4 of 53 [1323 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 51, 52, 53 Next
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gsga wrote:
Mosc, in 0334/0331. Is that a church or a schoolhouse? The byzantine style tower makes me think 'church'

It's an old church, a bit outside of Trondheim. That's Stein and Juli standing in front. If I remember, it was built in the mid-1920s after the original church was destroyed by fire. It was very beautiful in real life too. Very Happy Nearby were some neat ruins from the middle ages.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Florence, Italy
December 14th, 2004
along the Arno river
enjoy the view Exclamation

florence1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  316.16 KB
 Viewed:  14983 Time(s)

florence1.jpg

florence2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  240.85 KB
 Viewed:  14983 Time(s)

florence2.jpg

florence3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  239.76 KB
 Viewed:  14984 Time(s)

florence3.jpg

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Oskar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Apart from yourself, whose grasp of the English language obviously is impeccable, is there a need for English teachers/tutors in your region? Because if there is, then fuck it, I might be interested in moving; When I see those pictures, I feel that I'm in need of a change of environment.
Wink

seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oskar, don't get excited Wink as an old proverb says: "not everything shining is gold". It's too easy to take nice pictures in Florence Exclamation Thanks for the "impeccable" even if it's not true Confused and btw Trondheim looks nice to me Very Happy

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, Firenze looks awfully nice!

So.. tell us about the bad stuff?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those pics are great. They remind me of paintings in The Louvre

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

beautiful pictures, Carlo. You are becoming and artist with the camera.

Oskar, I only spent about 10 days in Norway, but I still ache from leaving there. I guess you don't know what you have until you loose it. Hope you never loose it, my friend.

Bergin in September, 2003

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
beautiful pictures, Carlo. You are becoming and artist with the camera.

thanks Howard
mosc wrote:
I guess you don't know what you have until you loose it. Hope you never loose it, my friend.

it's so very true

Quote:
Oskar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
Oskar, don't get excited Wink as an old proverb says: "not everything shining is gold". It's too easy to take nice pictures in Florence Exclamation Thanks for the "impeccable" even if it's not true Confused and btw Trondheim looks nice to me Very Happy

Well, I know that nowhere's perfect, and I know that Norway is, on the whole, not a bad place to live. Thing is, I have this psoriasis thing that also makes my joints act up a bit, especially in Winter. Luckily not to the extent that I can't play well enough, I just have to put more effort into it, moreso in winter. I noticed this a few years back when I stayed in Spain for a month in March-April, and I discovered that "Hey, my fingers and knees are working perfectly!"
Oh, and I've been curious for a long time about going abroad for a while. Just curious, y'know. Cool

seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oskar wrote:
Oh, and I've been curious for a long time about going abroad for a while. Just curious, y'know. Cool

I agree. it's nice to live abroad to get different perspectives about life, people etc. didn't you live in Brighton (home of those famous Saturday night yogurt festivals) for a while? Wink

Quote:
Oskar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
Oskar wrote:

I agree. it's nice to live abroad to get different perspectives about life, people etc. didn't you live in Brighton (home of those famous Saturday night yogurt festivals) for a while? Wink

Nah, that was just a summer job. Great fun though, and great city. The Norwegians hung with the other Norwegians, except for me - I hung with the Finns and the Italians. And entered the local pub quiz team. Brighton's too bloody cold and damp in winter though.

Oskar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last night I was invited to English Christmas dinner at a mate's place. We had Turkey with chestnut stuffing, sage and onion stuffing, parsnips, caramelized sweet potatoes, oven-fried spuds, baby carrots and brussels sprouts. THEN we had Christmas pudding. Nuff said. This is the view from his kitchen window.

Ranheimsnatt.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.82 KB
 Viewed:  14912 Time(s)

Ranheimsnatt.jpg

seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oskar wrote:
This is the view from his kitchen window.

you retouched this picture with Photoshop, there is nothing wrong with it, tell us the truth Very Happy

Quote:
Oskar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
Oskar wrote:
This is the view from his kitchen window.

you retouched this picture with Photoshop, there is nothing wrong with it, tell us the truth Very Happy

Here's the trick: Use a scond-rate digicam (mine is a HP 735), stay in iPhoto, and last but most important, BE A VERY BAD PHOTOGRAPHER! Cool
Seriously though, that camera tends to make all winter pictures blue, if there's no sunlight to help it, then it turns everything a yellowish brown - not quite sepia.

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A happy new year to all of you.

Jan.

new-year.jpg
 Description:
One of the first pictures I took in 2005, the 50th actually ...
 Filesize:  62.03 KB
 Viewed:  14878 Time(s)

new-year.jpg

seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very nice Jan Very Happy happy new year to you too Wink

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I missed that post! Great! !!!!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Static Strobe Emitter

Audio files: 243

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: :D:D:D:D Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell. I like that fireworkpiccy Very Happy
I am very fond of that kinda abstract art ;D

If it was animated I would probably stare on it
for hours Wink))
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dovdimus Prime

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My fiancee's mum lives up on the west coast of Scotland, which frankly shits on almost anywhere I've been for landscapes. She had this German geezer, an architecture student stay in her cottage to do a survey of her land for a project. He took loads of outstanding pictures, both in terms of the subject matter and the execution. I'll see if I can work out how to attach pictures (I'm none too bright at this sort of thing):

This is Di's house from across the glen:

And this is my favourite one:

That Jerry guy got the skillz!! Cool

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very beautiful. What a great place to live. It looks a bit boring, but the scenery might make up for it.
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this a small town called "Castiglione della Pescaia" in southern Tuscany Very Happy

Quote:
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sunrise
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: This should help put some perspective on things..... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The exotic view of my back yard. (just out of shot are the dustbins) Shocked

bheath_backyard.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  170.81 KB
 Viewed:  14772 Time(s)

bheath_backyard.jpg

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crikey! I didn't mean it to come out so big!!

Notice the empty jar of LIDL marmalade on the dirt :)
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I shrunk your picture to0 800 pixels wide. You can replace attachments yourself in the future. I love this thread, BTW...
Page 4 of 53 [1323 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 51, 52, 53 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze » Miscellaneous Photo Gallery
Jump to: