electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
stroopwafel
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
windchill

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: stroopwafel Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry - but I have to ask...
Last year I was happily patching my NM Classic in Toronto, Canada... assisted by large amounts of stroopwafel from the local convenience store. Now I am patching a g2 in London UK - but where are the stroopwafels? I searched this list - but no joy. I guess I can order them online (at vast expense it seems) - but surely if there is anywhere in the UK that sells them - it must be in London....no?
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, the EU is not working very well here ..

Probably there is just some simple standards (like currency or metric) probem that could easily be solved.

Jan
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they are available here in the states (expensive as hell at the healthfood store owned by a dutch lady). they come in two flavors, and even though i keep bees (one flavor is honey), i prefer the maple ones. we sometimes buy them to bring to someone's house, but too expensive for the everyday consumption i would like to do!

deknow
cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i get 'em at Trader Joes (miniature ones, very good) or at a local tea/coffee/international candy store (regular size). they're much better than the ones that are showing up at Starbucks, now... heavier, somehow, more satisfying... this place looks good, too
http://www.caramelcookiewaffles.com/
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: oh dear- this thread is STILL going? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've discovered nice biscuits since Wout and I started this thread yonks ago! Check out McVities Plain chocolate covered ginger biscuits for starters! In fact anything with crystalised ginger in it is lovely. Crystalised Ginger stroopwafels? Sounds great. I like the sound of Maple syrup ones too. Over here they are called welsh toffee waffles- this may be called that in the states too?

Tom
Unfed

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 11

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uhh, this thread was just started yesterday - and now that i think about it, what does it have to do with the Nord Modular?! Laughing maybe things that help with programming? myself, i quit smoking reefer a few weeks ago. programming's just not the same. Sad

on a side note - i had the worst pizza i've ever had in my life (it was utterly horrific, made me want to vomit and ask for a refund) at the Toronto airport a few years back. i'll never forget it, i can't even explain how bad it was. don't they know how to make pizza in Canada? i would think that pizza is a pretty hard thing to screw up.

*hoping that some humor is seen in this post*

deknow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

....i didn't realize trader joes had them....i'll have to check that out.

this winter, i started making homemade shortbread. i'm a skinny guy who has weighed between 110-125 since i was like 15 (i'm 36 now), and this is the only thing that has made me gain a little...but all in the gut (it's finally gone). (i can post the recipie if anyone has the inclination).

and unfed...i'm right there with you on the reefer thing....i've been having the most vivid (and sometimes disturbing) dreams. but for patching, i've been up late nights doing that (my mind gets going and i can't let it rest) 3am and 5am nights of patching don't seem to be jncommon these days (i'm remembering why i started smoking in the first place).

deknow
cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm about to quit the reefer, too, indefinitely. it's comforting to know there are at least a couple other patchers who're going through/have gone through the same thing. the vivid/disturbing dream effect is pretty common, too, and have experienced it, myself, at times.
deknow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i had a particulary weird one this morning (about a company i used to work for...but willy wonka'd with people packaging cd's all looking alike singing a flawless "shaboom shaboom")...they don't package cd's there in real life. ...then, this afternoon, i got an email (the first one in months) from my friend that runs the real version of that company...very strange indeed!

deknow
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: