electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Venues, Associations, Organizations and Communities » Pandemonium Symposium
pandemonium news
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: pandemonium news Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Pandemonium Symposium is expanding its mission, to become a collective for electronic musicians in the NJ area who want to collaborate, perform, jam, and support each other. Things are happening on a number of fronts, so I've assembled this newsletter to bring everyone up to speed.

ARTISTS
The list of pandemonium artists is growing, with the additions of SNIB, Brainstatik and Don Slepian. Welcome! Check the website for updates:
http://waltzer.crosswinds.net/pandemonium/symposium.htm
If you want to be listed there as an artist, all you have to do is tell me!

PERFORMANCES
I've arranged to have a space for pandemonium artists to perform, on the first Friday of every month at Brewed Awakening in Metuchen, NJ. These are non-paying gigs, but there's usually a pretty good crowd there, so it's a chance to get some exposure. It's a typical coffee house atmosphere, noisy (espresso machine) and a fair number of people who come there to talk, not listen to music. I'm investigating other venues as well. Let me know if you see any possibilities.
Xeroid Entity will be at Brewed Awakening on May 2 (8pm) and Mutation Vector on June 6. After that it's open, so let me know if you're interested! I will put up fliers and a notice in the newspaper.

Holosphere will be performing on Scott Raymond's radio show Secret Music on Sunday, June 22 in Poughkeepsie NY.

Mutation Vector and Xeroid Entity will participate in the Different Skies festival, this September at Arcosanti in Arizona.

CDs
Mutation Vector's recent CD Placebo Merchant is now available at electro-music.com.
Xeroid Entity's Moons of Saturn will also be there soon.
Fringe Element, a project which was spawned from one of the first pandemonium space jams, has a CD Rampant Biology, which is currently being duplicated.

COMPILATION
I would like to put together a compilation CD of pandemonium artists, that could be useful in lining up performance opportunities. Let me know if you have something suitable (i.e. a representative track, not too long). If not, get to work!

SPACE JAMS
Space jams will continue, about once a month or so. To keep things manageable, they won't be open-ended, but limited to 4 or at most 5 musicians. Seems to work best that way. The next one will possibly be the weekend of May 31 - June 1. Let me know if you want to participate. There's also a good chance we'll be able to have some jams down in the Philadelphia area, in the not-too-distant future. Stay tuned.

RETREAT
There seems to be some interest in an East coast electronic musicians retreat, similar to Vic Rek's Ricochet Gathering. Probably in the spring or summer of 2004, in the Poconos or Catskills. Not a festival or performance, but a chance for musicians to gather in a relaxed, communal setting for a few days, share ideas and make a lot of noise. Any takers? Suggestions welcome, including where to have such an event.
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the latest news for the Pandemonium Symposium.
The Pandemonium Symposium is a collective of electronic artists in the NJ area.
Contact me if you wish to be listed as a member.
More information here:
http://waltzer.crosswinds.net/pandemonium/symposium.htm

PERFORMANCES
First Fridays at Brewed Awakening - 417 Main St. Metuchen, NJ (8pm - free)
June 6 : Mutation Vector (demented European style retro)
July 4: Fringe Element (organic chemistry on the edge of reality)
August 1: Atonalis (improvisational electronica)
September 5: Brainstatik
October 3: Don Slepian
This space is available for pandemonium artists - let me know if you want to perform there.

Holosphere will be performing on Scott Raymond's radio show Secret Music on Sunday, June 22 in Poughkeepsie NY.
Xeroid Entity will appear at The Ambient Ping on July 15 in Toronto.
Mutation Vector and Xeroid Entity will participate in the Different Skies festival, September 8-14 at Arcosanti in Arizona.

RECORDINGS
Mutation Vector's Placebo Merchant and Xeroid Entity's Moons of Saturn are available at
http://electro-music.com/catalog/
Fringe Element's Rampant Biology will be listed there soon.
I would like to produce a compilation CD for pandemonium artists - to help line up performance opportunities. Let me know if you have a track to include.

SPACE JAM
There will be a space jam in Bridgewater NJ on Saturday, May 31. Space is limited, so contact me if you would like to participate.
Tentatively, the next one will be on August 2, while Atonalis is visiting from Baltimore.

RETREAT
I found a spot in the Catskills that looks like a good candidate for an electronic music retreat.
The target time frame is early May of next year.
I will check it out next month and report on what I find.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Venues, Associations, Organizations and Communities » Pandemonium Symposium
Jump to: