electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Hello New Member
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
cosmosuave

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Hello New Member Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As a new member I would like to say hello and mention that I almost
have my Soundlab completed... I came across the SoundLab from a post at livepa.org
and figured it was fairly straight forward project to build... I started in May and have
just about completed it... I have mounted it in a wooden desktop case and all I have
left to do is wire the PCB to the control panel... Once completed I plan on using the sounds of Soundlab to compliment my Live Pa performance... Good thing I have held on to my Roland MC4 this will be great for sequencing the SL... I may even instal the SYnhouse midijack...

I have a question regarding a 2.2uf ceramic cap (C13) that is wired to power switch (S17).
I am unable to source that cap and was wondering if I can use a 2.2uf tanatalum cap?
If so where would the + lead of the cap connect to? S17 or R88? The dude at the electronics
supply gave me a 2.2uF cap but it is huge in physical size and I believe this is not the right one...

Thanks...
Wild Zebra

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well hello!!
I had mine SL for a little while now. Haven't recorded or used for any live stuff, but I can tell you its truly a sweet project and play around with it just about everyday. Heres the link to th SL page dicussing you cap dilemma. Or use 2 1uf's in parellel I think thats what I did.
http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/analogsynth/SOUNDLABMINISYNTH/soundlab.html#CAPNOTE
Hope that helps. Keep us posted and welcome.

cosmosuave

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks I just noticed revisions to SL web site... Will go and source those 4.7 uF caps tonight
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Jump to: