electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Opportunities Wanted and Available
no longer available
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
img2002

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: no longer available Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no longer available
Last edited by img2002 on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: WANT A RECORD DEAL OR A FREE MUSIC REVIEW? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

img2002 wrote:
WANT A RECORD DEAL OR A FREE MUSIC REVIEW?

wow ..what an offer

do you want a 100,000$ studio or 2 popsicles ?

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shit, Paul, are popsicles 15 bucks a pop where you are? Should I send you some?

see, his reviews are worth 30 bucks. Yup, they are.

I recomend people don't do this. Never offer your music to labels or producers, they get lets and lots of demos and nearly all are crap so even if yours is good you don't want to be in that pile. I know of one guy who was listening to a piles of demos each week for a well known label, aparently he was doing that for three or so years before he passed one on he thought was good, I don't think they released that one. Let people come to you, they will if it's good. As far as I know major labels (and the larger independant ones too) don't typically release demos, they release artists they found on smaller labels.

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
I recomend people don't do this. Never offer your music to labels or producers, they get lets and lots of demos and nearly all are crap so even if yours is good you don't want to be in that pile. I know of one guy who was listening to a piles of demos each week for a well known label, aparently he was doing that for three or so years before he passed one on he thought was good, I don't think they released that one. Let people come to you, they will if it's good. As far as I know major labels (and the larger independant ones too) don't typically release demos, they release artists they found on smaller labels.

Good points.

However the kind of services offered at http://clix.to/img is part of an industry which is not to be confused with the music biz as we know it. I have known people who have been struggling at this stage for 20 years or more, thinking that this is the route to follow.

Another issue is that absolutely everything sent to any company offering the same services as IMG, must be copyrighted and signed with some RMA already. Do not ever send original material which is not properly defined as legally yours to any such company ever.

I am not saying that http://clix.to/img is Satan in disguise. I know nothing about this company. This is just general advice.

but.. why is the company head using this hotmail addie? And why haven´t they registered imgmusicpromotions.com . This is in the title of the index page.. so.. why use clix.to Question

Something to ponder.

Anyway... http://clix.to/sex is still available from http://www.bravenet.com/
Isn´t that something? Laughing

Hey... that wonderful review product.. only USD 29.95.. is at
http://www.imgmusicpromotions.com/review.htm

They do have their own domain.

BTW: I see they have forgotten to put up some decent info about who they are.

The whois at Godaddy has this to tell:

Quote:

Registrant:
T Buburuz
Box 24035
2202 Broad Street
Regina, Saskatchewan S4P 4J8
Canada

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: IMGMUSICPROMOTIONS.COM
Created on: 21-Jul-04
Expires on: 21-Jul-06
Last Updated on: 01-May-05

Administrative Contact:
Buburuz, T img3@mail.com
Box 24035
2202 Broad Street
Canada
6027510553 Fax --
Technical Contact:
Buburuz, T img3@mail.com
Box 24035
2202 Broad Street
Canada
6027510553 Fax --

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It gets more interesting still. The page that offers this stresses that you should write today since it's a offer limited to 500 people and that page was last updated ten days ago..... Yup, very limited, very valuable.

If I had 30 bucks to spend on promoting myself I'd invest 10 of those in postage and blank cd's to be spend to my favourite labels in my own style, 10 getting drunk after they don't reply which leaves another ten for coffe and sigs once I'd groan "back to the drawing board". Sound investment, no?

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:

If I had 30 bucks to spend on promoting myself I'd invest 10 of those in postage and blank cd's to be spend to my favourite labels in my own style, 10 getting drunk after they don't reply which leaves another ten for coffe and sigs once I'd groan "back to the drawing board". Sound investment, no?

Well, if nobody hears your music, nothing will happen. At least parts 2 and 3 of your investment plan are sound. Idea

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, part of the plan is that you occasionally play your new music to friends. If you make music there's a high chance that they too make music and some of them will release. This will then enable your demo to bypass the endless stacks of demo submissions. I think you should never say your own music is good; this is better left to others, similarly it's much better to have other people scream it should be released instead of you saying this to them.
gsga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
see, his reviews are worth 30 bucks. Yup, they are.

Ha, what shite! I know when I sit down to record, the first thing I concentrate on is commercial viability! Rolling Eyes

deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i can smell this one from a mile away. see http://jam.hitsquad.com/vocal/about238.html for some more opinions.

there is a $10 fee listed in their faq, and supposedly another $3 per submission. they claim that $1 from each record sale goes to charity (yeah, right). they talk about how in a regular label arrangement that the artist goes into debt for production costs...but they are only looking for radio ready productions.

i'm also suspicios of their link to reduced fee comcast (as the domain is "comcastspecial.com", which is registered through wildwest domains, not the regular comcast registrar. in addition, all their links go through "commision junction".

they boast of their reputation, but have not one sample of the high quality music on their website (gee, you would think that would be a good way for them to promote their artists...cheaper than sending out cd's), and not one named artist (not even a made up one). this is a pretty common scam, and should be avoided like the plague (i expect to get some spam just for poking around).

if i have talent for anything, it's for spotting scams, and this is surely one. have you ever known someone who was starting or had a label that they didn't have enough friends who's material they liked to fill many compilations?

deknow
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...also, they won't accept us postal money orders, presumably because if they accept a postal money order and don't deliver, it qualifies as wire fraud more easily than if it is cash or other money order recieved via mail.(this was the best i could ascertain from reading the wikkipedia entry).

deknow
Kerr_Avon

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Spam Site
Subject description: Pop-up tastic
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When clicking on a link brings up dozens of nasty pop-ups like the internet of the bad old days, I know it's crap for certain. This one clearly is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are right. It´s a dud.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Opportunities Wanted and Available
Jump to: