electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  mosc Chez mosc - tonight, Twyndyllyngs live
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
spiral7 - website and samples
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Repeatpeak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: spiral7 - website and samples Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

A friend and collaborator in spiral7 pointed me to this great website!
Just wanted to introduce our project.

spiral7 (www.spiral7.com) is a world ambient jazz ensemble gigging in the Boston area. We combine acoustic instruments with processing and live looping.

Keith Hedger plays processed trumpet and electronics. And he just introduced a Reaktor set up in our sessions.
Grant Smith plays all kinds of hand percussion (doumbek, frame drum, riq, etc.) and creates live loops. He also uses a sampler and Octapad.
Philip Lampe (me) plays processed sitar and touch guitar synth. I use a laptop for live looping etc.

Our music is a combination of modern world music, often with a middle eastern feel, and experimental ambient free noise improvs.
Check us out on the web and let us know what you think! We'd love to get some feedback!!!
And if you are in the Boston area, get in touch with us - we would love to get in contact with others and perhaps play gigs together!

I'm glad I found this interesting site and the forum!

Philip
www.repeatpeak.com
www.spiral7.com
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 31
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome Philip
I will listen to your music as soon as I finish unpacking all the gifts Santa brought me Very Happy
Have a nice stay at electro-music.com Very Happy

Quote:
Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex - Frank Zappa
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome, Philip.

I'm listening to your tracks now. Nice to hear this kind of improvisation. We several members here from the Boston area. Be sure to post notices of your gigs here, and of course, news about your CD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Repeatpeak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for checking out our site!
I would be curious to hear what other people into electro-acoustic stuff especially in the Boston area do (and where they perform). I'd be glad if someone could point me to websites of members.

The spiral7 website will soon be updated and of course will get more audio samples etc. We are just starting out and the site still needs a lot of work. I'll post here when we get some more music up on the site.

Philip
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Probably the best thing to do is click on Memberlist on the upper right menu cluster, and scan visually down the list. It's about 5 pages. If you findsomeone, you can contact them thorugh PM, Private Message.

I'll create a "New England electro-music" forum, just for people in an around the Boston area. We just upgraded and can run hierarchical forums. We need a test case... Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Michael Chocholak

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Verry cool site. Nice job on the flash. Even that loop at the beginning is a real hook - you don't half mind waiting for the mp3's to load on this 56k while listening to it. And the mp3's are certainly worth waiting for anyway. Particularly liked the drifty open jazz improvisation of Spiraling 1. Good blend of electronics & acoustics. Although Radha really warms up to a nice groove too. Man, what a lot of potential in electroacoustics, eh?!
look forward to more. Cool

I was seriously tempted to give up everything and go be a farmer or something... - Jack Endino, Seattle record producer
Repeatpeak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the feedback, Mezmer!
We have a gig at the Zeitgeist Gallery in Inman Square, Cambridge on Jan 17. By that time we will have more audio samples on the site and probably changing background loops. The site really needs more stuff!

Philip
www.spiral7.com
www.repeatpeak.com
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Repeatpeak wrote:
... we will have more audio samples on the site and probably changing background loops.

Break a leg at the concert, and be sure to let us know when you have new material on your site.
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Jump to: