electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Synthesizer decision
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic

What do i get for my money and sound expectancy
Alesis andromeda
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Korg Triton Extreme 61
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DAVESmiths polyevolver (with keyboard)
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Twitch'n'Tweak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Synthesizer decision
Subject description: Need some help and feedback
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi new to forum, feel like i fit in so up for some advice feedback or help please.

Looking for new synth and wondering what people generally feel about the following i am in a dilema over ;

Korg Trion Extreme 61 (dont really need sequencer or cd burning but its a korg - use software base sequencing) like the idea of built in sampler and korg is always a korg! (free legacy plugin and module if purchased before 31st nov) Value for money seems excellent for around 1350£.

Alesis Andromeda good price drop for around 1400£ its analogue in part - just wondering about reliability but its the one buzzing at the top of my list (we like to tweek those knobs and filter those squelchy bass sound etc). mega outputs and like the idea of the input routings for filters etc

Dave smiths polyevolver - havent found much about it on the web but to me its a new kid on the block. So links and recommendations welcome please.

Already got micro korg (yep limited voices etc). mc505 (dont want another roland reliablity in my book is tosh!!) jd800 master key looking to replace but sounds are my priority (electro dance/chillout flavour-eaque)jv1080 another roland - yep i dont want another in my rack (not anti roland just like variety of flavour). akai s2000 some plugins camel phat, camel space, z3ta3, vanguard and robpapens blue 1 & nord modular plugin.

Hope this gives you an idea what im looking for need some direction or any other recommendations before i part with 1500- 2000. Probably get a korg kahoss2 to mash the sounds and mixes up.

Thanks in advance

mfx
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome to electro-music.com, mfx.

Of the three, my fav is the A6, but if I had to have only one synth, I'd pick a G2X. Since you already have lots, the A6 would be a nice array of analog type sounds. It seems a bit fragile, but if you are going to keep it in a studio, it will be fine.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome mfx to electro-music.com

I won't vote as I I really dont know, but what is a
Quote:
nord modular plugin

Ehm I know what a Nord Modular is and that there is a Classic in three variations and a G2 in three types, also there is a limited G2 software emulation.

Is there really a plugin for it ?

Apart from that you should buy a G2 :-)

paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Synthesizer decision
Subject description: Need some help and feedback
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mfx wrote:
and korg is always a korg!

in the case of a triton, and all their sample-play back, wave playback thingies, this is not a good thing

unless you like that 'native flute with breath noise and saxophone combi', ....

stay away from the triton if you want a 'real' synth
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of those I´d take the Evolver since it´s the most interesting and eclectic. The Andromeda looks like just another substractive synth, the Triton seems to me to be more of somthing for moustached-music teachers and guys who play at weddings.

I´d be very carefull with the G2, if you already have a Nord Modular it offers very little new and for serious synth programing I think you are much better off with a serious synth programing language. Those are much cheaper and since many (most?) of those are open source they will be suported long after Clavia has droped the G2 for the latest fashion.

Also; if you don´t mind, as a moderator here I´m going to move your topic; this section is intended for news. I´ll leave a link to it in the news section so you´ll be able to find your topic again. I´ll clean up the link later.
Axiom

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can only say: DON'T BUY A TRITON!
I haven't heard worster filters in my life. Yes, you have PCM samples, you have a tube.. but you can spend your money better. I have bought a triton rack and after a full day of programming and tweaking I've decided to put this unit off from my rig.

Luca

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The A6 is nice.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
monads

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gonna have to go with a DSI PEK Very Happy Sounds nice and the step sequencer is lots of fun.
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 275
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've only got an evolver, so I've voted for the Poly evolver.

It has both analog and digital oscillators and huge modulation capabilities so is extremely versatile and it has a very good bottom end too Smile

Twitch'n'Tweak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Very tempted on the A6 - Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any sound sample links of DSP & A6 non-mp3 please.
Or any other recommendations sub 2000 (was going moog but really want more from a synth incl poly'). I take it theres no thrus on the DSPoly which is attracting me to the A6 and the a^ cirtainly seems more aspiring from sequence.de sites and the like.
Agree with the Triton ref : Acoustic modelling etc and dont really need an all in one workstation.
Cant get my hands on a demo of DSp in a store where I am and looking at A6 next week. Like I say anything else please recommend thanks again .

What the general opinion for the WALDORF MICRO Q as a suppliment. Know its digital domain but can pick one up sub £400 but none local again to demo.
a spontaneous Korg prophecy).
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check out the Creamware Minimax ( the woodensided hardware edition ).

http://www.creamware.com

Trust me. This one sounds great
http://www.cwaudio.de/forums.html?seite=asbfamily&lang=en

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Jump to: