electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
2 newbie questions
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
oldplasticbag

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: 2 newbie questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, i'm almost done getting all my parts for the soundlab. (my winter break project so i don't go brain dead)
question 1. I was wondering what type of wires should i get. I was looking at radioshack and they looked kinda shotty. I was wondering if anyone could direct me.
question 2. I was planning on sending a guitar signal through the soundlab and i was wondering if i could use a preamp before going into the soundlab would be suffice instead of making the guitar trigger mod?
Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty much any hook up wire will do fine. If it's too thick, it will make it hard to work on the SL later. You don't really need to worry about sheilding as the signal is pretty high, but it could always be improved by bringing sheilded wire backwards from the output.
You could just inject a pre-amped signal into the mixer section, but without the trigger circuit the only functional changes the SL will make to your guitar signal will be fequency cutoff and resonance. Oh, I spose the AR will still affect it, but you'll need to trigger it with something else. As long as you realise that the SL won't track your guitar and add in-tune content to it.

Wild Zebra

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope I'm not leading you down the wrong path, but I use Radio Shack
wire its inexpensive and I haven't had any probs with it. And ditto what UK said about the guitar. I ran a drum machine through the filter last night via amplified signal. Pretty cool. You can run it through the signal in of the filter and use the LFO or AR to modulate it. So the same would go for guitar I would imagine.

oldplasticbag

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the help! I think i'm going to go for the trigger circuit while i'm working on it anyway. I really want to run anything i can into the SL and try for some eno-sqe results.
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Jump to: