electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Opportunities Wanted and Available
[request] freeware gameproject team searching for music
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
acid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: [request] freeware gameproject team searching for music
Subject description: ingame/menu music for the ego shooter "warsow"
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello there

sorry if this thread is misplaced. i found no matching subforum topic for my request.

i'm a level designer in the development team of the freeware ego shooter called warsow. it's a free win32 and linux ego shooter using the qfusion engine, which is under GPL license. our references in gameplay and design are quakeworld, quake 3 arena, jet set radio (formerly known as jet grind radio) and speedball. most of our maps, weapons and playermodels are using the cel-shading technique, strengthening the comic character of specific designs.

please see www.warsow.net for more detailed information and the download of the latest version, which has ~30MB. if your machine runs q3, it will run warsow, too.

the levels of warsow are built in different visual styles and i'm thinking of music matching those..

1. cel-shading/comic: psychedelic trance, progressive trance, hard techno, maybe breaks or acid.
2. industrial/base: industrial stuff in general.. skippy, dirty, heavy stuff. "swamps up nostrils" are a good example of what i'm thinking of. maybe even chiptunes.
3. egyptian: goa for sure, mediterranic and orientalic stuff. no matter if trance, techno or ambient. oriental techno.. hm.. sounds nice.

the game is missing ingame and menu music and we are searching for talented musicians willing to change that. as the game is planned to be distributed freely we don't offer payment. noone in the team gets paid, everyone contributes for free. everything you'll get is experience and reputation.

so, if anyone reading this thread is willing to contribute, inform me please. drop me an email at acid@planetquake.de or visit us in IRC #warsow @ quakenet and query one of the operators.

greetings from bavaria
phil

screenshots
http://warsow.net/screens/

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi acid
welcome to electro-music.com Very Happy
I relocated your post where, I guess, it belongs Exclamation

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Static Strobe Emitter

Audio files: 243

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: cheers!
Subject description: =D
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ive allready started composing =D

maybe a bit too early...but...what da heck =X
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Opportunities Wanted and Available
Jump to: