electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
using the A6 in mix mode
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
nickelodeus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: using the A6 in mix mode Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I seem to have set myself a bit of a task here.....as per usual!! Its not specifically an A6 question, but more a midi one involving my A6..

I am trying (for the first time) to use the A6 in mix mode. The idea is for live stuff to have the A6 slaved to my Roland XP80 - both running in multitimbral (mix) modes.

The idea is at the beginning of the track I am playing a mellotron string pad with my left hand on the xp80 and a more percussive synth sound from the A6 with my right. Then when the rest of the band kicks in I want to keep playing the same things but want to add another layer (a fat vintage pad from the A6) to my right hand line. Then in the chorus, I need to play a different more full string sound with my left hand (xp80) and a layered up vintage string/lead sound with my right (a6). If I can get these basics going then I plan to add in some extra sounds/fx using the xp80 sequncer.

I know this can all be done, but I don't know exactly how to approach it. If I set each sound on a different midi channel, then how do I get the layers? If I stick to the same midi channel and set each sound to its own area of the keyboard, I run out of space!!!

Sorry to lay this on you folks (especially you Sunny..thanks for all your help so far)...but this is driving me crazy!! Any ideas or experience of this kinda thing ?

Nic
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about making several (slightly different) copies of mix patches and changing them by program changes or manual?
gr. sunny
nickelodeus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Sunny......do you mean have 2 or 3 different mixes and change between them in the different parts of the track ?

Nic
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes , just make a few copies of a basic mix and then adapt some of them . so then you'll only have to swap complete mixes while playing.
another option is to change the different patches within the mix , which is a bit more difficult i find. 3th posibility is to make one mix and then swith the neccesary patches on and off by the buttons 1->8 or even 1->16. in this case you'll have to remember under which button what patch can be found.
i normally usethe 3th methode when playing live.
fr.gr. sunny
theroxy4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Nick,

I know this is on a slightly different theme, but I set up mods on my post filter mix knobs so that the mod wheel can fade a sound in. I think you could use a pedal for the same result. Using this setup you could play one sound in a mix then fade another one in to thicken the sound while continuing to play. I know this can be alkward to setup with certain sounds, so i am trying to find a way to use the croutes to do the same thing for any program - just haven't got it sussed yet.

The mod matrix on the A6 has sooo many possibilities.

theroxy4
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i also sometimes modulate the postfilter volumes by modwheel, make it change from b.e. hipas to lowpas filter , real nice effect possibility
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: