electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
NordWest05 (WA) & BC (Canada) G2 user meet [w/ pch2 & mp3]
Page 3 of 3 [71 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
rhombus

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually yeah thanks to him for those fisheye lens pictures, and that's a good collage you made too, I'm definitely keeping it. Very Happy
dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey rhombus,

Yeah, I love martin's camera and he's got a keen eye for the creative shots, and a great pair of ears, you should hear his music ...

Btw, it was great to meet you in person, dude ... I'm glad you started to create some ideas patching yourself .. patching is the key... you start simple osc->vcf->vca->out, then add a sequencer or lfo to drive the synth you made, then add more ... this is how I learned it ... if it doesn't sound right, debug, learn to debug ... this makes looking at other people's patches easier (although, I also find them overwhelming too!) ... and re-read the manual, you will always find something new ... you have to have the modules memorized (the ones you like to use, and new ones you didn't even think about)

each nord user is different, and it takes time for you to get your own way of doing things right ... the nord is like a high end mountain bike ... lots of features .. but you have to learn how to do tricks on it (bunny hops, stairs-"my favorite", drops, ladders), you try, fall, get up try again, and then one day, you pull it off, then you repeat and get better at it, then you start to accelerate your progress and THEN you really begin to appreciate the features of the bike (suspension, components, etc) ... the nord is like this ...

... in the end it is very much worth it .. it'll become the center of your creativity -- i'm sure you saw that at the meet
/Dasz
dasz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: update on mp3 and pics Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey folks,

it's gonna take a few more days to get the mp3 and pics and video clips from the NordWest05 meet ... hopefully this weekend sometime ...

stay tuned ...
/Dasz
dasz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey folks,

some pics from the event... thanks to martin m!!! more to come hopefuly in a few days ...
/Dasz

ps.: time to change my avatar, and take out Papa Nord ... the Rs is proving to be all that the G2 is not (yet), multipattern/phrase sequencing (not as flexibile as I would like but better than what I have, sampling, two midi outs 16 buttons with red blinky lights....

nord meet.zip
 Description:
A few pics from NordWest05 Oct 1st 4pm to Oct 2, 1:20 AM

Download
 Filename:  nord meet.zip
 Filesize:  3.79 MB
 Downloaded:  274 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great pictures!

Can't wait to hear the mp3s. Dasz, if they are big, like over 7 MB, let me know via PM or something and we'll get them uploaded on a file server somehow.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rhombus

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can volunteer space if necessary, I've got 2GB of space on my hosted domain.

-- Matt
dasz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is a time for departure, my friends ...

I will become "one" with th rs7k and my 2 red expanded babies ... I will not be listening to the list until I am finished ... grimley will provide pics and mp3 from nordwest2005 ... attached is a nice postcard for this event ...

Talk to you when I get back ....
/Dasz

NordWest05.jpg
 Description:
NordWest2005, next time (2006) we walk the seawall around stanley park and then patch afterwards ...
 Filesize:  93.4 KB
 Viewed:  8152 Time(s)

NordWest05.jpg

dasz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject:
Subject description: Finally!!! NordWest05 patches coming very soon ....
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally!!! NordWest05 patches coming very soon ....

/Dasz
dasz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject:  
Subject description: NW05_DZ.pch2's

Here, at long last are the patches for the NordWest05 meet. I kept my promise and time did tell (the patches are here, thanks grimley).

Some patches sound the same, but the idea in those patches are the sequencers.

I wish to ask anyone who modyfies these patches and buids stuff out of them, to send me at least one patch (per one used patch). I want to do a set this way (with people remixing my patches). What do you think, deal?

Don't hesitate to contact me with questions regarding specific connections.

Hit play. Done between 1:30pm to 2:45pm on Oct 1, 05.

A relaxation excersize to mentally prepare for meet in 3 hours. The idea here is the noise generator in red ...

strange processing for noise purposes ...

The idea here is to do my own shuffle. Not perfect, needs some twekaing on hte delay lines. if the step at the

shuffle sequenecers is on, the delay the step by the step value.

Very simple idea for sequencer deisgn when 1st sequencer's pattern is OR ed with the 2n seuqnecer's pattern. Any steps that the 2nd sequnecer plays replaceing (if there is already a pattern step level with a on button) thus altering the pattern in a non stanrdard

way. So boring sound, neat idea. Most of my set patches are like this. Very playable.

Hit play and hit hold button and play chord. Let your brain slide ... again hit variations ... ride the pitchstick

up and down (+/-5th)

Hit play and hit hold button and play chord. Created with Martin M. This one is quite ambient and and all around happy. Spend at least 20 with each variations (eps 4). Again modulations gallore.

It's not wavewalker_dz but same basic principle.

Simplest sequencer design. the step sequencer determines the next step. if it aint 1,2,3,4...,14,15,16, it aint playing forwards.

A slightly more flexible sequencer design. The 1 sequencer is the planet's orbits, and the 2nd sequnecer is moon orbiting the planet .. the simple concept is the difference in clock division of 1st sequencer. it shouldn't be 1 , but why not? duplicate this circuit for modulating cutoff for example.

This is my take on the filter. Only use the red knob modules or use fronpanel page A1. There is a tuned
resonace oscillator brought up synced and following the filter frequency... I enjoy this effect.

The final patch. Time to break.. use the panel A1 buttons 1 to 4 to change the pattern on the next beat. knob 8 (is display is set to number shows you the actual pattern playing (so dont move this knob!).

I am tired. Will rest now. Enjoy, my friends ...
/Dasz

NordWest05.zip
 Description:
NordWest05_DZ.zip

Download
 Filename:  NordWest05.zip
 Filesize:  25 KB
 Downloaded:  277 Time(s)

Last edited by dasz on Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great. Thanks for posting these. It will take some time to digest all this. Worth the effort though...

thanks

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dasz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks mosc. Well the thing is these patches went to the us. And they were stuck at customs on their way back. A lot of work and effort for 25kb.

The copies that I screwed up did not open in the editor. But these are the good ones.
/Dasz
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, the Bush administration is doing a fantastic job protecting us from suicidal religious fanatics carrying dangerous G2 patches. I'll sleep better tonight.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

varice

G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for sharing your patches Dasz. Some very interesting sounds indeed.

BTW - how did G2 patches get stuck in customs? Which customs - U.S. or Canadian?

BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Dasz,

Thanks for all these, its a shame I have to work this weekend!

Cheers

Andy
dasz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks guys!

Consider this an early xmas gift for everyone around here. Since these patches were for the NordWest meet in October, I felt others who could not attend should at least get access to them.

They're meant to illustrater some sequencing ideas and modulation and few other things. the small ones are starting blocks for you to expand on ... don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your patches Dasz. Some very interesting sounds indeed.
BTW - how did G2 patches get stuck in customs? Which customs - U.S. or Canadian?

varice, Uhm Canadian, but this was just a joke, cuz the meet was some time ago, but I only got the original patches recently.

I stupidly overwrote my copies a while ago while trying to prepare to post them for you and then I could not open them in the editor anymore (dont ask why).

varice, nice gear list Wink , how do you like the mc909 (I couldn't scrape the $ to get one, but i got a rs7000 instead).

More pics from the meet may show up. No idea when, tho.
/Dasz
varice

G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dasz - sorry to hear that your patch problems were self inflicted.

Not Bush's fault after all! Rolling Eyes

The MC-909 is OK - it does very well what it was designed to do - groovebox loop based sample playback. The onboard samples are pretty good for the most part. Lots of good old Roland analog drum machine and synth sounds. The sound quality of this machine is very good. The "mastering" section (multi band compression) and FX section are also nice. I do wish that you could set tempo changes within the patterns - at least as far as I can tell the patterns can only be set to one tempo for the duration of the pattern.

But, of course, my G2X has been getting most of my attention!

mother misty

Audio files: 82
G2 patch files: 130

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for these patches.
I've started cannibalizing one of them last night,
hope I can share the results soon...
Afro88

Audio files: 12
G2 patch files: 79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there also gonna be a Nordwest mp3?

I'd love to hear the sound you 4 made together that day

Thanks for sharing the patches too!
dasz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, thanks for the nice words. I hope you guys enjoy these patches as much as I did preparing & showing them during the NordWest05 meet.

The patches I did a while ago and not specifically for the meet are:
MW05_TakeOver_DZ.pch2
MW05BassLines_DZ.pch2
MW05NordLandDZMM.pch2

the others were made for the meet. ok, who can guess how much time it took to put these meet-specific patches together (this includes coming out with the designs too)?

I can't wait for NordWest06 (rumored to be somewhere in washington state) ... just rumors right now ... I hope to perform my set at this next meet ... then some mp3's will come ...
/Dasz
mother misty

Audio files: 82
G2 patch files: 130

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject:
Subject description: NW05_DZ.pch2's

dasz wrote:
I wish to ask anyone who modyfies these patches and buids stuff out of them, to send me at least one patch (per one used patch). I want to do a set this way (with people remixing my patches). What do you think, deal?

here it is...
http://electro-music.com/forum/post-59748.html#59748
dasz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject:
Subject description: some mp3's from meet ...

see this topic ....

http://www.electro-music.com/forum/post-61087.html#61087

Merry Christmas,
/Dasz
Page 3 of 3 [71 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: