electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cwejman Sound
CWEJMAN Modular, pictures, tech spec.
Page 2 of 2 [40 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
mik39

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

11ish wrote:
One question would be: Will the modules be as flat as the S1 is? I think that's one of the (many) strong points of the S1.

Hi,
The modules are only 20mm behind the front panel (+ contact pins). All electronics (as in S1) are surface mounted on the printed board and electro-mechanical parts such as potentiometers, switches and sockets are mounted directly to the printed board and without a single connecting wire.
Regards,
Michael
11ish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks!
That's good news. Makes one think about building a wooden desktop frame variant.
monads

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good points here. It is special to have Mike chime in here so I hope he doesn't stop Smile

But the Cwejman site does need to be updated more frequent. Period. Even though I wanted an S1, like Tomcat the site was not very encouraging in terms of purchasing. I couldn't find the user base, people talking about it (bad or good). I'm not dropping small $, this thing cost 3k. I really just took a chance when I bought it going largely off the Sound On Sound review thinking it would fit nicely with my other gear. Only after I brought it home and spent some weeks with it did I realize how amazing the instrument is. Amazing enough that if you made me choose between my Moog Voyager or the Cwejman S1 Mk2....I'd ditch the Voyager!

The site would benefit from a complete rehaul. I really like the Moog site. Everythings right there. But it seems to me some of these small companies benefit from selling non instrument related equipment. Take for example, Elektron. They sell some posters of gear, t-shirts, gear bags, and now these cool little stickers. Moog has some clothing line that's cool, voyager bag, etc. These little things are not for everyone but for those who love their gear they will buy some of this stuff. Plus it's good for exposure! I bet if Cwejman offered a custom wooden desktop cabinet with S1 logo to mount their S1 people would buy it (might even sell more S1s). I would buy this cabinet! Not everyone wants to rack. Sell some S1/Cwejman shirts, whatever. Maybe a little Wowa doll (or Mike) so I can place him and Bob next to each other. LOL Laughing

I think you get my point.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Michael Cwejman posted a very informative letter in response to this topic. I have used my editor's purgative to make that message a general announcement for the Cwejman forum. It has been moved here: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-8955.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
monads

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice. Thanks Mike for keeping us informed, can we get some accessories for our S1's...a custom wooden desktop cabinet for mouting the S1 Very Happy
levka

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi All,
I am new here, but after reading this thread I wanted to say that my personal experience with Cwejman has been very, very good.

I ordered my S1 mk2 in october 2004 and received it within a week after payment.
(at another, unnamed, synthmaker with a very slick website, I have an order outstanding that has been fully paid, and I am waiting for more than a year now ... )

My questions to Cwejman have always been answered adequtely and swiftly.

And finallly the sound and build quality ...
Cwejman gear may not be the lowest-priced, but for what you get, it is not expensive at all.

best regards from Amsterdam,
Joost
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome to electro-music.com, Joost...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
11ish

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow!
congrats to the new modules:

ADSR_VC2
M_CV
MMF_1
PAN_VCA
VCEQ3
VCO2RM
VM_1

this is becoming a very, very interesting and G.A.S. fuelling system Razz
can't stop drooling...
monads

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well in case know one knew.....Cwejman LFO! Very Happy Check out the link! Hope I don't get in trouble for showing but I was too excited and wanted to share with you guys.

http://www.analoguehaven.com/new/cwejman/d-lfo.pdf
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Total frequency range : 0.001 sec to 0.2 msec
rate1, 2 : 0.01 sec to 20 msec

That's from the specs, I fear.

Always thought rates and frequencies were measured in Hz's or in BPM's or whatever is inversly related to time.

Anyway ranges from 1 ms .. 0.2 ms and 10 .. 20 ms seem erm, a mistake I hope.

Sorry for being old fashioned here and spoiling the fun by nitpicking.

11ish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, I was wondering, too...
let's hope it's 0,001 Hz...Smile

also I don`t quite understand the concept of "total frequency range" as opposed to the rates of lfos 1 and 2...

anyway, this seems like a rather complex and unique double-lfo-module. yummy! Smile
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

11ish wrote:
also I don`t quite understand the concept of "total frequency range" as opposed to the rates of lfos 1 and 2...

The rates don't take into account the CV. He seems to be using cycle period rather than frequency so 20ms = 50Hz
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

11ish wrote:

anyway, this seems like a rather complex and unique double-lfo-module. yummy! :)

It seems ,like a nce module, yes :-)

Wowa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject:  LFO RATE RANGE Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everybody,
the total range for LFO's rate is controlled by RATE knobs and CV signals
Thanks & Happy New Year 2006!
Wowa Smile
monads

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Wowa for posting and the new RM-2S, stereo ring modulator Smile

http://www.cwejman.org/Modulars/RM-2S.pdf
Page 2 of 2 [40 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cwejman Sound
Jump to: