electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Hotels?
Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
glaive

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder if there will be an expanded hotel list this year.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This year we are recommending the Double Tree. The Roosevelt Inn didn't work out for a number of reasons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow Shocked they even offer:
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Quote:
Doubletree celebrates the spirit of romance all year long with its indulgent Sweet Romance Getaway package, which includes:

Deluxe Accommodations - indulgence for two
A Bottle of Sparkling wine - in room on arrival*

head banging monitor

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...the roosavelt also offers a "sweet romance getaway"...they even provide the girl!

deknow
glaive

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh! Nice one!
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deknow wrote:
...the roosavelt also offers a "sweet romance getaway"...they even provide the girl!

deknow

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
deknow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...the red roof was more than acceptable for us, it is a small drive from the venue, however.

deknow
deknow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...the doubletree seems quite expensive to me. with a aaa discount, booking from the 1st through the 4th (2 adults) is $122/night. the redroof is under $70.

deknow
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to know. Can you please send a URL of the Red Roof Inn where you stayed?

Is there a place to get something to eat in the morining and late at night there?
RFBB

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If your staying at the Rooselvelt...beware room 101. Although it's great for loading/unloading but the smell was ungodly. Ace Paradise and Waveworld did their best to convince Mark and I it was just "new carpet."

And the lounge... picture a Tarantino movie where the patrons turn into vampires... and the Bar-maid was a character from Mad Max. They did treat us like kings, until Waveworld came in with full on face paint. For some reason she closed the bar immediately. No last call, no warning just a GET OUT! Good times, good times.

M.Peck
www.mpeckmusic.blogspot.com
www.reverbnation.com/echotomb
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RFBB wrote:
And the lounge... picture a Tarantino movie where the patrons turn into vampires... and the Bar-maid was a character from Mad Max. They did treat us like kings, until Waveworld came in with full on face paint. For some reason she closed the bar immediately. No last call, no warning just a GET OUT! Good times, good times.

WOW Exclamation you should have taken pictures Very Happy

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
deknow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...this is the red roof inn we stayed in...it was very acceptable, and as cheap as anything we could find last year (including some less desirable places).

click here

there was nothing late night food right there, but we certainly found diners along route 1 for breakfast in the morning. i have a whole "cooking in hotel rooms" technique for reducing costs and increasing the quality of food you eat when staying in hotels. i'll post something about that if people are interested.

deknow
secretmusic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll second the Red Roof. Reasonable price, decent rooms, and about a 15 minute drive from the Cheltenham Art Center. That's where I was all that week. As for food, there's a WAWA right down the street, and several good restaurants in the area. They advertise free internet access, but don't be fooled. It's more like one day free if you sign up for a month with T-mobile. Unless I find something better, I'll be staying there again.
Fishkill, NY 12524
newage@secretmusic.net
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great information. We'll try to negotate a "convention" rate with them.
synthejim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Courtyard By Marriott
Subject description: Courtyard By Marriott
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While Michael stayed at the Roosevelt, I stayed at the Courtyard down by the race track using Marriott Rewards points. Another one a little ways away from the venue, but nice accomodations, many restaurants nearby, and luckily close to a music store when I realized I had left my melodica at home;^)

-Jim
www.touchxtone.com
www.myspace/jimcombs
mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Willow Grove 1500 Easton Road, Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, United States 19090
Tel: +1-215-659-3535 Fax: +1-215-659-4040

Not far from Cheltenham art center
close to shopping and there is free breakfast.

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=JOO0SSVHPIOBUCSGBIYMVCQKIYFCXUUC?ctyhocn=WGVPAHX

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Mike. I'll add it to the list of hotels... http://event.electro-music.com/event.php?t=10172
secretmusic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's one I just found. It's a Comfort Inn, which is part of the Quality Inns chain. Stayed at one in Cape Cod recently, and was suitably impressed. Cheap, clean, and true free wireless internet. And this one is right by the Red Roof.

click here

Fishkill, NY 12524
newage@secretmusic.net
davep

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 73

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just made my reservations at the Red Roofs. I won't have a car, so it would be great if anyone else at the Red Roofs wants to share rides to/from the event. I contribute generously for gas & promise not to mess with the radio. Unless you want me to. Then maybe we can use it for some circuit bending experiments or something.

Dave Peck

Steven Pane

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Hotels and Car pooling Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

I have just joined electro-music.com and will be coming to electro-music 2006. I've booked plane, tickets, and--of course--a catered food ticket; however, I'm holding out a bit on the hotel. Without a car, I too would need to share a ride and would be happy to contribute to gas.

Is the Red Roof Inn turning out to be where most people are staying? Any further plans for car pooling to/from the Cheltenham Center?

Also, I'm coming into Philadelphia on Friday 1pm if anyone would like to share a ride from the airport.

Thanks!

Steven Pane
secretmusic

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll be at the Red Roof and can cram people and gear into my fairly sizable Pimpmobile. I'm arriving Thursday night and staying till Monday. The Red Roof seems to be the best deal I've seen so far. The Comfort Inn nearby has free Internet, but is a bit more expensive. I stayed at the Red Roof last year, too. Nothing to rave about, but it's cheap and clean.
Fishkill, NY 12524
newage@secretmusic.net
Steven Pane

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="secretmusic"]I'll be at the Red Roof and can cram people and gear into my fairly sizable Pimpmobile. I'm arriving Thursday night and staying till Monday.

Thanks Scott,

I just booked at the Red Roof and look forward to meeting your Pimpmobile. I'd be happy to contribute to gas expenses too. I'm coming Friday and leaving Monday.

Steven Pane
pane@maine.edu
Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: