electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Equipment/Software Wanted and For Sale
Do u want a MINT Roland TB-303 for 150usd????
Page 1 of 2 [28 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Do u want a MINT Roland TB-303 for 150usd???? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My jaw hit the ground when I saw this- but I suppose it's still possible?

Sorry- it sold by 'buy it now' but it's worth looking just for the heart attack factor!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=+7358601753

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
K

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no thanks.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

K wrote:
no thanks.

okay! Keep your hair on! ;) I just thought it would be interesting- as they are so inflated in price for what they are these days, and also I find it strange that this seller hasn't done any homework at all and sold it for 150 dollars as opposed to 1000 dollars for eg. That's all.

:)

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The TB was in fact part of a series of 3 products, the TB, the Drumatix and the little MC-202. My favourite was the MC-202. That one was truly useful and a nice supplement to the CSQ range and the MC8. At the time I found the TB to be pretty lame, but people have been making decent noises with it. Anyway, for 150 USD you can get a mint condition OS9/OS8 based powerbook AND a midi interface.. and great ( but old ) sequencing software.. The few remaining Ataris are starting to become very expensive now.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
The few remaining Ataris are starting to become very expensive now.

Shocked Please say you're joking? My wretched girlfriend has just made me throw mine away Sad
Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry Tom,
He's not joking.

(Now you don't have to tell him Stein Wink )

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry Tom, I am not joking. The uncle is right! A guy I know I Germany got a mint condition Atari with some spares and stuff from a guy in for UK for 1400 euro. This is less than a week ago. It was considered a steal. He had all his friends over for a big celebration. The prices are skyrocketing. I think this Atari came with some licensed sequencer apps too.. complete with manuals and stuff. However, keep in mind that your average battered Atari full of warez won´t cut it.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

....also, the atari emulators apparantly work quite well for most things.

deknow
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Emulators.. I saw one some 10 years ago on a mac which was very cool.

However, the diehard Atari heads will tell you that an Atarai is an Atari etc.

Trivia: This guy is a friend of mind who was one of the highprofiled shareware programmers for the Atari. He wrote the image editor Munch and also the object oriented interface builder FaceValue.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
gsga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, that's Edward Norton, circa 2011. He will put on a bit of weight in the future. And make alot of great movies.
cappy2112

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Emulators.. I saw one some 10 years ago on a mac which was very cool.

Speaking of Atari- if you want to see something really interesting, by the people who worked there, pick up "The Atari Story", on DVD.
Most of the people in the documentary were the programmers who worked there. These guys were making BANK, back in their day. SOme of these guys got bonuses in the several hundred thousand dollar range, so you can imagine what kind of money Atari was pulling in.
These guys were not your run-of-the-mill programmers, they knew their hardware inside and out. Not only did they write their game code, but they also had to do the video sync and sound fx, while maintaining the flow of the program.

If you are into retro computing, or just Atari in general, this DVD is for you!
Stanley Pain

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 35

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fuck. my atari ended up in a bin about 9 months ago. i just couldn't imagine it being worth ANY money...
seriously, it couldn't handle large amounts of controller data without slowing down though. we are talking about 1040ste's yeah? actually, i hope not...
cappy2112

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stanley Pain wrote:
fuck. my atari ended up in a bin about 9 months ago. i just couldn't imagine it being worth ANY money...
seriously, it couldn't handle large amounts of controller data without slowing down though. we are talking about 1040ste's yeah? actually, i hope not...

E-B-A-Y
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
Stanley Pain wrote:

E-B-A-Y

You bet! Smile Apparently a brussel sprout (acording to the site- the last one left in the country after xmas) was auctioned for £60 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the coke problem that's blowing up folks noses in central London I reckon- they all got too much money and too little moral sense Wink

Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Am I the only one thinking "Jeff Minter" when reading this thread? Probably... Rolling Eyes
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
A guy I know I Germany got a mint condition Atari with some spares and stuff from a guy in for UK for 1400 euro.

what? so my Atari Mega STE4 with 40Mb HD, high density FD, Emagic Logic 2.5, Unitor 2, Export etc. (see http://www.tweakheadz.com/history_of_notator_and_logic.html ) will cost a fortune Shocked

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer

Last edited by seraph on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

....in mint condition..? Shrinkwrapped manuals and the lot?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:

mint condition? I'm a maniac...I got everything: original package boxes, manuals (not shrinkwrapped because I learned them by heart over the years), plus a real rarity: an external floppy disk drive Exclamation

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
elektro80 wrote:

mint condition? I'm a maniac...I got everything: original package boxes, manuals (not shrinkwrapped because I learned them by heart over the years), plus a real rarity: an external floppy disk drive Exclamation

Hmm.. You are not the only one. I still have everything that came with my Apple SE30. And I even have 8 cartons of AU/X manuals. Shocked
And I even have an FX still in the box. I bought it as a spare and never used it. Shocked
Should I worry?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:

Should I worry?

no, keep it for the afterlife (some FX is always welcome Cool )

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK. I will tell them you said so.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:

Yeah, though preferably with a Amiga mouse because those atari mice suck harder then a leak in your space-suit.

I still have a 1040ST here, did you cook up any interesting sequencers?

As long as it's for sequencing instead of colecting and you just care that it works I think 150 or so bucks should do the trick. With some luck you can still get a free-be. They are desireable but nowhere near the 303. Still; at those 150 bucks a atari is going to knock a old powerbook around the block for tightness.

LektroiD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember seeing TB303s for £150 and thinking 'that's too expensive', since they were often seen in bargain buckets for £25-£50... In fact I remember working at Music Village (former name of Digital Village) at the end of the '80s, the boss coming down the stairs with an MS20 in his hands asking if I wanted it for £50, I refused thinking my finances weren't so great that week, so he came down the stairs with an MS10 and offered it to me for £20, again I refused thinking these things would always be in this price bracket. So many people were doing 'analogue clearouts' to fund the beloved D50's or M1's...
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, I've also missed a couple of £50 MS-20's. And a VCS3 and a Mellotron- also both £50. :-/
Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 82

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's funny how this thread resurfaced yesterday. I went to some garage sales today and someone was selling a woodgrain Atari 2600 with manuals, controllers, 9 games (in box with manuals) for $5.

Now how do I mod it into something to make some music? Very Happy

Page 1 of 2 [28 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Equipment/Software Wanted and For Sale
Jump to: