electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » News... » New Releases
New Kraftwerk Album
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: New Kraftwerk Album Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I saw this on a list and thought it might be interesting...

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:39:07 +0200
From: "Glenn Folkvord \(Hyperion Media\)" <glenn@folkvord.net>
Subject: New Kraftwerk album

Hey,

In addition to playlists, I also use this mailing list to announce important
electronic music news, and what can be more important, or at least *rare*
than a new album from legendary EM pioneers Kraftwerk!

Kraftwerk has not released an album with new compositions since 1986 and the
new release is not a normal all-new album either. The tracklist hasnt been
released yet, but according to EMI official statements the album will
include new remixes of their "Tour de France" hit, originally released in
1983, as well as brand new compositions. The album is called "Tour De
France" and is expected to be released on July 21st.

But first, on July 7th, two days after the start of this year's Tour de
France, the "Tour De France 03" single will be released on CD and 12" vinyl,
featuring new versions.

Kraftwerk's last new album was released in 1986, then they did a remix
compilation in 1991, and they released the single "Expo 2000" a few years
back, and every now and then for nearly two decades rumours have popped up
about a new album from the electro giants, but now it seems to be more true
than ever, since several EMI offices have issued statements. Since the album
will be more a compilation than all-new compositions, it seems possible that
it will be released this time, as compared to the "impossible news" of an
album filled with completely new material.

Glenn

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kruge

Location: Bonn, Germany, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe, Multiverse etc...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About the new Kraftwerk CD:

I thinks it's not bad, but something is missing here. And actually I do know what it is - it's Karl Bartos. Since he left not only the output of Kraftwerk (not very high before) dropped to allmost zero, also the style of the few new releases changed. A lot.

Now... If you like to check out www.karl-bartos.de, there's some nice examples of *his* latest Album "Communication" which, believe it or not, is the best new Kraftwerk album since his previous release "Electric Music: Esperanto"... Wink I love it.

Also great, but allmost completely ignored is Wolfgang Flür's (he left even before Bartos - being ripped off by Hütter; he practically stole the "electric keyboard" invention from Flür and got all the money for the rights) new Project "Yamo" - you've *got* to try and find the album "Time Pie" and listen to it - he did it together with Mouse on Mars and it's simply... CUTE! Smile

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good points. When I think of it, i guess I felt the same way with TD when Baumann left. his first two solo LPs pretty much showed what TD lost. On the other hand, I was greatly disappointed about the Repeat Repeat LP.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Kruge

Location: Bonn, Germany, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe, Multiverse etc...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh - and Flür didn't invent the "electric keyboard" but what today is known as "electronic drumpads". Where have I got my mind tonight? Smile
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got the basic idea .. I understood what you meant. Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stein introduced me to Glenn Folkvord and his radio shows (a Norwegian speaker is something you do not want to miss Exclamation Very Happy)

He's also the owner of Hyperion Media, a company in Norway that develops projects in the fields of art, culture and media and the founder and president of the Norwegian Jarre fanclub (JMJ FKN).
http://www.magneticfields.dk/nyheder/jarreforever.html

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehe.. yes.. we have the Jarre fanclub.. and we are trying to make peace in the Middle East. Norway..

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Kruge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, TD and Baumann... Another one who obviously influenced TD quite a bit during his years there (and, of course, vice versa) is Christopher Franke.

But in *his* case I'm *glad* he left the group - I doubt my favourite TV show, Babylon5, would be that good without the great themes and incidental pieces of Franke. Smile

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True, Franke did good work. I haven´t really checked out what he did after TD.. but I do know the Babylon 5 material.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Kruge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since he did the complete series (for example on Star Trek there's different composers for different episodes) Babylon5 *is* pretty much what he did... Wink

Other soundtracks include Universal Soldier (movie) or Perry Rodan (game) - these as well as his non-soundtrack-works (like the London Concert or the Celestial Prophecies) imho have quite a unique sound. Smile

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kruge wrote:
- these as well as his non-soundtrack-works (like the London Concert or the Celestial Prophecies) imho have quite a unique sound. Smile

Haven´t heard that stuff. Hmm.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Kruge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still - the best imho is his B5 stuff - not only is the music great, it makes me remember watching the show for the first time and actually being surprised by the storyline... Smile
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » New Releases
Jump to: