electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » News... » Miscellaneous News
Confessions of a Rosenberg grandchild
Page 2 of 2 [49 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have an organized anti-us movement in Italy? But what has this to do with the inmates of "prison USA"? Is this not just projected against US policies and whatever.. not the very people of the US? Someone should preach the gospel of love to those commies of yours.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Someone should preach the gospel of love to those commies of yours.

Italy had the strongest communist party of western Europe: we still have the privilege to see red flags with portraits of Stalin on the streets every once in a while Very Happy
I am sure you envy me for this privilege Shocked Very Happy

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:

I am sure you envy me for this privilege Shocked Very Happy

Are they actually of the Stalinist breed? Really? Shocked Shocked

Do you have any Pol Pot fans in Italy? We have some up here.

This guy is Pål Steigan. Here he is shaking hands with chairman Mao.
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

The pix was taken in 1970. The marxist leninist love story with Pol Pot is a sad story.
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Here is the same guy showing pictures from his trip with the marxixt leninist delegation to Cambodia in 1978.

http://www.bearstrong.net/warblog/000360.html

BTW: Here is a blog about politics in Norway.
http://www.bearstrong.net/warblog/000374.html

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this is even more OT, but here is a link to a Pol Pot photo essay at Time.com

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:

http://www.bearstrong.net/warblog/000360.html

Quote:
. The history and fate of AKP (m-l) and the other totalitarian sects is tragicomic, repulsive and educational, further evidence if you need it that democracy and rationality are fragile concepts, just as likely to be destroyed by intellectuals as to be protected by them.

I love it Exclamation
Stein, great job Very Happy

Quote:
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
BTW: Here is a blog about politics in Norway.
http://www.bearstrong.net/warblog/000374.html

Quote:
Norway have our own stories of ethnic oppression, of forced sterilization of Romani's and Gypsies

Romani Question what does that mean Question (in Italian "Romani" means "those living in Rome" Shocked )
Is there an Anti-Italian movement up in Norway Question

Quote:
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
I know this is even more OT, but here is a link to a Pol Pot photo essay at Time.com

Quote:
HOLOCAUST: often capitalized : the mass slaughter of European civilians and especially Jews by the Nazis during World War II -- usually used with the

a question:
could the Cambodian genocide be filed under the "holocausts of the 20th Century" category or the word holocaust should be left only to describe "the mass slaughter of European civilians and especially Jews by the Nazis during World War II" Question
(off topic and beyond)

Quote:
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:

a question:
could the Cambodian genocide be filed under the "holocausts of the 20th Century" category or the word holocaust should be left only to describe "the mass slaughter of European civilians and especially Jews by the Nazis during World War II" Question
(off topic and beyond)

"WELCOME TO UKRAINE" MAGAZINE
The Great Famine-Genocide in Soviet Ukraine, 1932-1933 (Holodomor)
Ukrainian Genocide----Ukrainian Holocaust

Quote:
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
a question:
(off topic and beyond)

Holocaust®

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cyxeris wrote:

Holocaust®

do you mean the word is registered and can not be used by anyone else Question

Quote:
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, just saying that you have holocausts, and then you have The Holocaust. You have many Spetember 11ths, but then you have The September 11th.

Cyx

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For your enjoyment:

The Artificial Famine/Genocide in Ukraine 1932-33

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehe... yes... AKP(ml) - well meaning academics..
This brings Howl by Alan Ginsberg to mind

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked,..."

The Romani are a people.. often also called "the travelers". The norwegian government pretty much decided to get rid of them and the gypsies. I guess it can be called an attempt at genocide. They did not quite succeed though. A great controversy. The story was unknown until quite recently. A sad story. The project was actually related to the nazi race theory. It ended sometime in the late 70s / early 80s.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Are they actually of the Stalinist breed? Really? Shocked Shocked
Do you have any Pol Pot fans in Italy?

it's an endangered species. I hope the WWF will save them from extinction to conserve the world's biological diversity Cool

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahh... yes.. you think the WWF will set up special camps for the Stalinists? Smart move!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Ahh... yes.. you think the WWF will set up special camps for the Stalinists? Smart move!

do not be rude, Stein! try to be politically correct:
no camps but "sanctuaries" Shocked

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sanctuaries! Indeed!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i thought all day about my above statement where i chastise [most] americans for being 'mesmerised, over- consuming sheep'

but after some thougt, i realised this was just too easy

it is easy to blame americans for what EVERY 'CIVILISED' PERSON is guilty of to some degree - myself included

as ghandi said [paraphrase]

'to combat violence and greed in the world, we must first conquer it in ourselves'

so, rather than lash out at americans, i have decided to continue my 'internal revolution' with more fervour and turn that criticism to my own faults

'it's and inside job'

thanks to all in this thread for enlightening and worthy discussion

much love

paul/sudden

paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

was just reminded of this droll quote from our friend, the late authour Douglas Adams

Quote:
if America is like a belligerent, adolescent boy; Canada is like an intelligent, 35-year-old woman

funny guy, eh

Kruge

Location: Bonn, Germany, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe, Multiverse etc...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Italy had the strongest communist party of western Europe: we still have the privilege to see red flags with portraits of Stalin on the streets every once in a while

... as well as pictures of the Duce... Wink

Sorry, couldn't resist..

Quote:
Sudden, one of the reasons I love to visit Canada is because there really is a different point of view there.

Toronto is close enough to drive to for dinner. I can get there on one tank of gas. The people speak the same language. Everything looks pretty much the same. But, it is really a different country. Montreal and Quebec more so even.

Heheheh... I guess everyone here at least has heard of "Bowling for Columbine", right? I just *love* that segment where they compare the US to Canada and Moore checking out if the Canadians really don't lock their dors... "Thanks for not shooting me!"

Smile

seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kruge wrote:
Quote:
Italy had the strongest communist party of western Europe: we still have the privilege to see red flags with portraits of Stalin on the streets every once in a while

... as well as pictures of the Duce... Wink

Sorry, couldn't resist..

that's OK Kruge Very Happy
I lived 4 years in Boston, in the North End (its Italian neighborhood). One day I entered a bar and I heard a fascist song coming out of the jukebox. I was startled, you could not sing a song like that in Italy, I guess you could be arrested for patronizing fascism. There was only one guy, plus the bartender, and he looked like a gangster (he could have been a character of "The Godfather"). the sensation was really awkward: it was like going back in time fifty years. A few months later I read on a newspaper that he was arrested, he was indeed a mobster and, probably, a nostalgic fascist.
You see Kruge...........

Quote:
Kruge

Location: Bonn, Germany, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe, Multiverse etc...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehehe...

And just to make sure noone believes I want to fingerpoint (I just can't resist obvious jokes, no matter how poor), there's a fair share of Neonazis ere in Germany as well... Razz

Wink

Anyway - as long as we're talking uneducated world politics (*) - somehow I bet that Berlusconi is quite happy about Bush taking away attention from him, huh? Wink

(*) at least that's where I'm standing... I have read Moore and Noam Chomsky, but I guess my finger is far away from the pulse since I've stopped watching the news a while ago. Hell - I've heard about Saddam's capture about three weeks later... Smile

Cyxeris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You arent missing much, just a steady stream of finely tuned propaganda. You're probably better off not being exposed to it, really.

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kruge wrote:
somehow I bet that Berlusconi is quite happy about Bush taking away attention from him, huh? Wink

I do not think so, Kruge
Our prime minister is a poet of propaganda, he is a true genius at that.
Today celebrating the tenth anniversary of the foundation of his party he was screaming against communists in such a "Cold War way" that I find very entertaining and amusing.
He can be very convincing or, as we say in Italy: "he could talk eskimos into buying refrigerators"
btw his opponents suck big time Exclamation

Quote:
Page 2 of 2 [49 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Miscellaneous News
Jump to: