electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
sequenzer triggering
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: sequenzer triggering
Subject description: controling steps question
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is there a way to trigger the sequenzer by b.e. a stage of the envelope?
would be great if b.e. the sequenser could start at the end of release fase1 or take a step every time controled by an lfo.
the tips and tricks mention it somewhere but i don't seem able to get it working.
anybody knows how , or having a workaround?
fr.gr. sunny
nickelodeus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hiya Sunny...hope you're well!

I think you are probably the most advanced user on here...so I certainly can't provide you with an answer... sorry Very Happy

I am just trying to understand you question properly, however. Do you mean that as the envelope progresses through each phase (ADSR)....you could set a point or points where it triggers the sequencer?

Don;t understand what you mean by b.e ....but maybe that's just me being stupid Razz

If you could clarify what you mean...I'd be interested to look into it with you and see if we can find an answer! Also, let me know how you get on with this query and what the outcome is.
nic Cool
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you, too much honour,
i want the sequenser control the filter/ resonance etc.
what i want is that it changes a step everytime the envelop 1 reaches it decay2 stage or everytime the lfo reaches its peak.
for this i thought ( as the tips and tricks manual describes) it would be possible to take envelop1decay as trigger source ( or the lfo) and assign it in the sequenser trigger page to trigger the sequenser .
however: when i press the "sequenzer sync" page and choose "trig", i get "only" the following list of possible triggersources:

offset, keyaftertouch, midiafter., modwheel, pitchwheel, ribbon,
sustainpedal, footswitch, controlpedal, midivolume, pgmkeydown,
keytrigrate, pgmkeyonvel, pgmkeyoffvel, tempo, masterclock,
midiclock, midistart, midistop, midifirstclick, midistart/con,
pgmkeytrigger, exttrig1, exttrig2, globalrandom, midicc a->h.

ALL THE OTHER SOURCES THAT NORMALLY, b.e. with the lfo's and envelops triggerpages, SHOW UP ARE BLANKED OUT/REPLACED BY STRIPES (---------------------) !!

my software version is 1.40.12, i really wonder if i have a problem with
my software and should reset or if that's the case with other' peoples a6's too? ( if they also get stripes on the places where normally would stand lfo/envelop1decay etc)
if it's a softwarefault i could reset my A6, otherwise the tips and tricks are wrong in this case, the sequenser is limited unfortunately and the search to a workaround continues.
nickelodeus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll have a look when i set up my A6 - still in its flightcase downstairs at the moment.

Could you do it using CROUTES perhaps?
Nic
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, unfortunately not. the croutes only work on ( mainly) the oscillators, filters and pre-/postmixer.
things like lfo/ eg/ seq/ s+h / wheels and ribbon cannot be controlled / used as destination.

in my spare time ( just got a second daughter, didn't even find time yet to tryout the patch from the sysex-problem topic, sorry about that ), i'm trying to make it work by controlling the tempo of the sequenser: switching it from almost stop to fast/ one step forward . and then quickly back to almost stop
it' a ridiculous/ time swallowing way around, programming to get what i want, but it works!
i still have to find out a way to make out of an envelopstagetrigger , a more longerlasting controlsignal. that 'll be something for another "quiet" period.

anyway , enough chit chat for now, keeps being an interesting synth.
greetings, sunny
nickelodeus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Sunny!

Wow, that is really a workaround! It'd e really great to hear the results.....any chance you could post the patch once done so i can have a look on my a6?

Good luck!
nic
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

afcourse!
this nut i really would like to crack. gives me also an opportunity to get grips on the triggeringmethode of the a6 which i still find a bit difficult.
hope it'll work as planned ( and the children to give me sufficient time to work on it) . would be great making a longlong sound which completely changes at chosen moments.
( to be continued)
ThreeFingersOfLove

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course there is a way to trigger the sequencer by the end of an envelope. Just look at the modulation matrix.

Cool
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i did , but unfortunately the list of trigger sources of the sequenser is more limited then with the other modules, ( read the previous posts for more details) . otherwise indeed the problem would be easily fixed, however...
greetings, sunny
kkissinger

Audio files: 42

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed, you can trigger events from an envelope by use of a threshold detector switch -- which is nothing more than a number of schmidt triggers driven from a common voltage source.

On my hardware modular synth (an Aries synth) I often use the threshold detector switches in lieu of a "trigger delay".

To do this with a software synth, you would need to find a similar function -- that is, a switch that turns "on" when the input voltage reaches a given level.

In the case of the Aries, its threshold detector switch has an "exclusive" mode such that only one its four switches is on at any given time -- thus, one could trigger when a voltage falls below a specified setting, also.

If you would mention what kind of control/processing modules are available we might be able to brainstorm and come up with a method that will work for your setup.
ThreeFingersOfLove

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed, that's the case:

The sequencer can be triggered by a great variety of sources - but of course not from anything associated with voices. You need to to compare the value and the polarity of the Release stage of the A6 (either Release 1 or Release 2 - depending on what you have in your patch) against the 0 level. In most cases the polarity of a R1 or R2 stage will be descending (otherwise the sound would never stop if it's Env 3).

So, in short try to set these values:

1. KYTRIG to OFF
2. TYPE = Negative
3. LEVEL = 0

Cool
kkissinger

Audio files: 42

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't despair if the only comparison is zero or non-zero....

Chances are you can add or subtract a bias voltage from your envelope, thus achieving zero at any point in the envelope that you want. Don't forget about inverting the envelope, too.
ThreeFingersOfLove

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the Andromeda, the equivalent of adding a DC current, thus biasing the envelope either towards positive values or negative ones, is to just adjust the offset.

The comparison is not limited to zero: The range is from -100 to 100 (without any level offset). I suggested the zero value because that's where the envelope actually finishes.

Also ENV3 cannot be inverted because it's hardwired to the VCA. If he wants an inverted envelope he has to use either ENV1 or ENV2.

Cool
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: