electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
Waldorf is back!
Page 1 of 2 [27 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Waldorf is back!
Subject description: Confirmed!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My mailbox is filling up with the latest in Waldorf news ( of the non-salad kind ). It seems it has now been confirmed that Waldorf has been bought by another company and something will be happening very soon.

This is great news!

Last edited by elektro80 on Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:14 am; edited 4 times in total
DrJustice

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent news! Smile

I hope such a resurrection will lead to some equally excellent instruments. Please keep us in the loop elektro - I'm dying to hear more details!

DJ
--
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am not sure about those Clavia Nord "WaldorfLead 4" rumours out there though. Cool
Last edited by elektro80 on Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Official details will probably be out sometime within the next 1-4 weeks. Cool
I wonder, should we establish a Waldorf forum here? We have already been hosting the Waldorf support files here since 04.

Last edited by elektro80 on Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I am sure we will be seeing some great instruments soon. The Waldorf gear had a great personality ( highly flippant and very smart ). This is truly great news!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
I am not sure about those Clavia Nord WaldorfLead 4 rumours out there though. Cool

a modular microwave maybe Shocked

Last edited by seraph on Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing

I suggest we wait a bit until we get the full story.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We have a live one.
It will all be revealed at the Frankfurt Fair.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
It will all be revealed at the Frankfurt Fair.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
we'll have to wait until the end of March Crying or Very sad

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
The Why Project

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a pitty my 'vintage', unsupported MicroWave1 will decrease in value again!

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Actually... that's great news, the rumour was already going for a while,
but apparently it's been confirmed now!

party time!

If they continue their tradition of great sounding synths that are built like
a tank (and maybe release something with those juicy analogue filters
again), they might survive this time around!

Regards,

The Why Project
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Why Project wrote:
it's been confirmed now!

Yes.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just posted on the rumor/Clavia thread, but I'm glad to see this confirmation thread. Sure hope they do something with the Q and XT. Tremendous synths. There is already a pretty active Waldorf forum going.
http://lists.waldorf.synth.net/pipermail/user-forum/
I doubt they would make the move even though their format is primitive.

www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just created a Waldorf forum here under the Instruments and Equipment catagory. Elektro80 is the moderator. Congratulations...

Moving this topic there, with a link left behind in the Miscellaneous News forum.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sweet! I too heard some rumor about this at the NAMM show. I am not holding my breath but we'll see what happens at Messe!
/Dasz
dasz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check out their website!

http://waldorf-music.de/

then click on news. their ftp will be back up (the date of this news is 28/03/06).

Aaaaaand it looks like I may be getting closer to getting this gig, so I may be able to get write off a beloved new orange xt with 30 voices -- yum! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both the gig and waldorf!

/Dasz
GovernorSilver

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Waldorf synths reborn as Terratec Komplexer and Area61?
dasz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The waldorf site has been updated with more good news. At this moment,
only the german version of the annoucement is up (the english one is still the old thing)

Here's a bad translation

Is it that? What is at it at the rumors around the German Synthesizer-legend…?

Now, here some unspectacular facts should provide for a little light. Yes, it does became, represented through Joachim Flor and Kurt Wangard, acquired itself what in the Waldorf Ländchen... the rights of the Waldorf SL. The new Waldorf Music gmbh is trim in the foundation phase and Stefan Stenzel and Frank tailor as well as Michael of and will get into Wilfried Eckl.

Who is then that now again?

Joachim Flor is the head and maker of the new Waldorf Music gmbh. Joachim was already in the foundation phase of the Waldorf Electronics on board and contributed authoritatively to its success. Kurt (Lu) Wangard, accompanied the Waldorf Electronics as Office manager through all heights and depths and is very wildly on that, to see the old battle ship in the brightness of the modern age erstrahlen. Stefan Stenzel, Mastermind and former leader of the research department and development department, as well as Frank tailor, one of the foundation members of the Waldorf Electronics, responsibly for hardware management and production management, engaged itself for the whale village-community also during the dark days. Now work both guarantor for continuity and innovation again with engagement and high pressure at new projects for the sprightly Waldorf Music. For fresh wind, Michael provide trim of and Wilfried Eckl that banished its bundled know-how for and throw marketing into the scale.

In the next weeks, yet further partners will come on board and complete the team, that wrote itself ambitious goals on the flag.

Curiously? Good!

eom.
/Dasz
AnalogAssailant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The plot thickens!
DrJustice

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And what a plot! If I understand correctly there hasn't been any outright buy out, but rather a resurrection of the real Waldorf. If so that is good news. And with Stefan Stenzel onboard I have good hope for some exiting new products. Keeping my fingers crossed Smile

DJ
--
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is great news.
Some rumours even suggested that a cell of Red China undercover agents had been activated in order to create a foothold in the electronics biz within the EU.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But I still think they can issue a chinese built PPG Wave 2.4 for approx. 900 Euro. Hmm.. but they better ask me for what improvements I want on the old design.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As for synth mythologies.. I think the full PPG / Waldorf lineage is of epic proportions. These instruments truly have character and personality.

Hurrah!

Give me a year or two and I might catch up on the current Moog "Microbe" craze.. but right now I am all into what Waldorf will do next. Exciting times!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
AnalogAssailant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: English statement Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It appears the people at Waldof's site (http://waldorf-music.de/) have finally put up an English version of their ‘Waldorf is back’ statement…

"WALDORF IS BACK!

Is it? What is true about the recent rumors regarding this legendary Synthesizer company?

Here are the facts... Yes, something is happening in this little village. The intellectual properties behind Waldorf synthesizers and the Waldorf brand name were bought by Waldorf SL, a company founded by Joachim Flor and Kurt "Lu" Wangard. The new Waldorf Music GmbH is currently being founded, together with Stefan Stenzel, Frank Schneider, Michael von Garnier, and Wilfried Eckl.

So who are these guys?

Joachim Flor had the initial idea of forming the new Waldorf GmbH. Joachim has accompanied Waldorf from the very beginning, and as sales representative, contributed considerably to the success of Waldorf products. Kurt "Lu" Wangard steered Waldorf through long periods of ups and downs as Office Manager, and he is determined to lead the new shiny battleship into a brilliant future. Stefan Stenzel, formerly Director of Research and Development of Waldorf, is responsible for future innovative Waldorf technologies, together with Frank Schneider, co-founder of Waldorf Electronics and former Production Manager. They both supported the starving Waldorf community through the dark ages, which are now history, and are committed to working on new exciting projects for the freshly ventured Waldorf Music.

Michael von Garnier and Wilfried Eckl are contributing their overwhelming experience and knowledge of distribution and marketing, forming the ideal complement to the ambitious team with high-flying objectives.

Curious? Perfect!

The new Waldorf Team "
dasz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thx for the update!

Hey you're in Vancouver! Do you have a Nord G2 or Modular?
/Dasz
AnalogAssailant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have the G2 engine (exp). Marvelous device, since acquiring it I realize that I have used it in some capacity for every track I have done so far.
Page 1 of 2 [27 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
Jump to: