electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 FAQ
G2 Editor on Intel Mac?
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Spandex

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: G2 Editor on Intel Mac?
Subject description: Does the G2 editor work on the new Intel based Macs?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can anyone confirm whether or not the G2 editor works on the new Intel based Macs?

Can't find mention of this on the list or forum (apologies if I've missed it somewhere obvious).. but I'm guessing more and more people are going to be getting a macbook soon.

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven´t seen a general Rosetta compatibility announcement from Clavia yet. I am sure it will run in Rosetta, but how well it will perform is another issue altogether. I am sure they are working on a universal binary version though. They must be.
At least I hope so.. Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It may be worth pointing out that OSX runs in emulation mode under Rosetta. this means that PPC applications still run okay under Intel- albeit slower than if they are Universal apps. As the Clavia editor runs really well on ANY PPC architecture running OSX, I doubt that you will have a problem at all- after all, it IS an editor and an editor only.

Hope that helps

PS Any decent Music dealer who also is a Mac reseller should be able to put you straight Smile

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Spandex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool... thanks. I'm not actually buying one myself (though I'd love to if I had the cash).. I might phone a dealer and check though.

All sounds promising.. I'll let you know for definite after next week when I've had a chance to try it myself.

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
It may be worth pointing out that OSX runs in emulation mode under Rosetta. this means that PPC applications still run okay under Intel- albeit slower than if they are Universal apps. As the Clavia editor runs really well on ANY PPC architecture running OSX, I doubt that you will have a problem at all- after all, it IS an editor and an editor only.)

Please note that theoretically it is quite possible to write such an application in a way that makes it keel over in Rosetta. I am not completely convinced that Clavia has been making the editor apps 100% according to what Apple thinks is kosher. If Clavia had done so, then I reckon the OS X NM-1 editor would have been updated still. I am guessing they haven´t ported the code to Apple´s dev tools yet.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
I am not completely convinced that Clavia has been making the editor apps 100% according to what Apple thinks is kosher.

okay- yes I have to swallow humble pie and admit that I have to agree with you there Stein.

I will comfortably predict that the NM2 demo will flop under Rosetta emulation too.

We shall see.

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Spandex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I sent a query to Clavia tech support.. they said

"Hello, we havent tested it on any intel based at all, so it will have to be a no there, take care"

This still doesn't tell us that it definitely DOESN'T work though. Oh well. I guess I have to find out the hard way.

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One thing is testing it on a macintel, another thing is if the code is properly battered into shape according to Apple developer guidelines. However, I am sure Clavia will manage this eventually.
As for Rosetta incompatibilities, this would probably just be minor stuff. I reckon the editor will run OK.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
slave to this

G2 patch files: 7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it works fine on the intel macs. friend of mine got one recently, and i played with it on his macbook side by side with my powerbook running the demo. funny thing though...i was running the same patches that were going up to about 50% cpu load that the macbook had around 79%. the macbook's features totally blow away my computer so it wasn't anything like a RAM issue either.
they are nice and really fast, but they haven't ported everything to them the right way yet. other programs install but act funny as well.

james
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is great news. Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Please note that theoretically it is quite possible to write such an application in a way that makes it keel over in Rosetta. I am not completely convinced that Clavia has been making the editor apps 100% according to what Apple thinks is kosher. If Clavia had done so, then I reckon the OS X NM-1 editor would have been updated still. I am guessing they haven´t ported the code to Apple´s dev tools yet.

As I understand it, and I may be misinformed, the Mac version of the NM-1 editor was built by some third party for Clavia. Apparently, they released a beta version and for some reason, which I never did get, the project was dropped. The NM-1 Mac editor was never officially released or supported.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
As I understand it, and I may be misinformed, the Mac version of the NM-1 editor was built by some third party for Clavia. Apparently, they released a beta version and for some reason, which I never did get, the project was dropped. The NM-1 Mac editor was never officially released or supported.

The OS X version was never supported. AFAIK they did officially support OS9.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
ersatzplanet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Windows NM1 editor in parallels or bootcamp? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With this talk of the old NM1 editor again a question I'm always wondered - can the old Windows NM1 editor run on the new Intel Macs running under Parallels or under bootcamp?

-Jh

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see no reason for why it should not run just fine using bootcamp. In that case the mac is just another PC.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
goathers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: G2 Editor on Intel Mac?
Subject description: Not work.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Editor seems to work well, but editor not connect to synth.

Tested.
W.T.

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the editor works really bad on my intel mac Sad
it uses a lot of dsp power Embarassed
running 2 g2's is really out of the question. Sad

i use an old pc especially for the editor Surprised
Jon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone.

I contacted Clavia recently to enquire about the possibility of a universal binary version of the G2 editor for macs.
They responded quickly saying that an intel mac native version will be available at the time of the next
OS update but that there is currently no planned release date for this.

I'm quite interested in a G2 Engine but I've been put off by the idea of having to rely on running the
editor in Rosetta,
so this is positive news as far as I'm concerned.
W.T.

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does the editor work flawless with a i-mac G3?
i think of buying one especially for the g2 editor.

I don't believe the software will ever be updated Sad
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 FAQ
Jump to: