electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Question about A6
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Xix

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Question about A6
Subject description: Polyphony and mix mode
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there fortunate A6 owners!

I'm still waiting impatiently to be able to afford the A6.

In the meantime I have some questions about the A6 which I think you can answer.

All this 32 oscillators and 32 filters (2 per voice) and 3 envelopes per voice is a little confusing to me.

1. If I have a patch using the 2 osc, 2 filters and 1 amp env and I hold down 1 note this will use 2 of the 32 osc, 2 of the 32 filters and 1 of the 16 amp env. And 2 notes held will use 4 osc, 4 filters and 2 amp env, right?

2. So if i want to make a patch with 3 or 4 osc wth different pitches I will have to go into mix mode, right?

3. If I go into mix mode and layer 2 patches that each consist of 2 osc will that reduce the polyfony to 8 voices/8 notes?
If I use 16 patches in mix mode will that reduce the polyfony to 1 single note???

Hope you can help.
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the answer to all three questions = yes !
16 voices ( each consists of 2 vco's 2 filters and 2 vca's ( otherwise pan modulation wouldn't be possible)

1 patch =16 voices
16 patches = 1 voice each = only playing with 1 finger at a time

i mostly have something like 2 polyfonic patches + 2 monophonic patches playing together ( = maximum7 fingers at the same time playable) .
I mean you can combine different patches and to some degree choose if they play monophonic, polyfonic or b.e use unison with a chosen number of voices.
in fact "the voice allocation" is very flexible.
Unless you want to make a whole, complicated song with just the a6 and don't have some form of multitracking ( like a pc/ mac with soundcard and b.e. cubase) , the number of voices is no real problem ever.

welcome, sunny
Xix

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sunny pedaal wrote:

Unless you want to make a whole, complicated song with just the a6 and don't have some form of multitracking ( like a pc/ mac with soundcard and b.e. cubase) , the number of voices is no real problem ever.

welcome, sunny

Thanks sunny. Sounds good. I'm glad to hear that it's not really a problem. I own SX2 and maybe soon Live 5 so no problem there.
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: