electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
electro-music 2007 Live Internet Streaming
Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: electro-music 2007 Live Internet Streaming Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Plans are in place for live internet streaming of audio from electro-music 2007. If all goes well, we will stream 128 kbs and 48 kbs to accomodate people with high-speed and not-so-high-speed connections. We hope to start streaming at about noon (eastern US) on Friday, June 1st. If the techno-gods are with us, we'll be streaming from noon to midnight through the entire event.

You can connect to the stream by going to this page. During the event, be sure to check into the electro-music.com chat room.

Last edited by mosc on Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jason

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

W000 Hooooooooo
Ok folks another year already. Well sorry I cant make it out there but I wish you all they very best. I will be in the chat room though as well as listening so if there is any other things I could do which I dont know what that could be, Cool just let me know!
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll make some time for listening !
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jason wrote:
W000 Hooooooooo
Ok folks another year already. Well sorry I cant make it out there but I wish you all they very best. I will be in the chat room though as well as listening so if there is any other things I could do which I dont know what that could be, Cool just let me know!

Yes, Jason, if you could keep an eye out on the chat room as you normally do, that would be super. Thanks...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
utenzil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is cool, can't wait to see you all this Sunday--- I am listening right now 3:19pm Friday, seems unduly distorted (clipping?) but a very nice flow going on.
Kees

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Stream Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

I'm listening right now here at home in Holland.
At first it sounded distorted, but suddenly the distortion disappeared and now it sounds fine!
Too bad I can't be there right now, because last year I had a great time there!

Greetings,

Kees.

utenzil wrote:
this is cool, can't wait to see you all this Sunday--- I am listening right now 3:19pm Fridayd, seems unduly distorted (clipping?) but a very nice flow going on.
utenzil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heya, coo!!!! , yep --verifying from Maryland, the distortion has cleared up, and the signal is much hotter also. (appreciated the weather report, some big thunderstorms here last night as well)....

Very Happy

can't get into the chat room, however, app comes up ok but no connect.

Jason

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gee the chat room is working fine.
Perhaps you need to update or install your Java as it is Java chat- .
found here of course

http://java.com/en/

If you dont want to do that you can also download mirc from www.mirc.com for free if you do that you will need the correct server info which is as follows for now anyway.

/server irc.blitzed.org #electro
utenzil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thx... getting a socket exception error, will download the latest and see if that helps...
Jason

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok , keep us posted if u need help I can try Razz
utenzil

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's working for me (likely somethings were blocked on the router of the other network I was connected to.)

Cool I am enroute to phila/cheltenham, eta between 2-3pm Smile

rbedgar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Sounds great
Subject description: from afar...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great to be able to hear the rest of the performances back here in California, after leaving Philly. Sounds great. Love the theremin.
-Robert

The present day composer refuses to sleep...
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the streaming worked out pretty well. This year we ran balanced lines from the two main performance venues into a central mixer and then into a hardware compressor. I think at one time we had about 20 people listening in on the 128 kbs channel. At times the chat room was going strong.

I found that I personally could not run the streams and be conference chair - just too much to do. Thanks goes to Agnes, Scott Raymond, Fish and Justin for helping out with the streams.

We had a few outages. One was because the entire buidling's power went down. Two others were cause by my computer hanging, once because the wireless mouses batteries died and once because of unknown causes.

At one time, Bill, State Machine as he's known here, was listening to the event from his hotel room.

I look forward to more live streaming events on electro-music.com in the future. I hope we can get streaming from the upcoming Nord Modular meeting on the West Coast that Dasz and the crew are not planning.

Thanks to those that tuned in and joined in on the chat room. Jason and Blue Hell were often there to keep me company in the streaming room - more like a closet.

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfortuanately it was not possible for me to listen to all the streaming, but what I heard was good fun, and the time I did spend listening was a good time. At times it was like being there even, probably because I had been there just a year ago :D

It was a good idea to have some people behind the computer commenting on what was going on. For a next event I think it would be nice to have (a) microphone(s) to make the ambient sound audible at times there is no real content to be streamed, sometimes it was a littlle confusing now when the stream was silent (and listen counts would go down then as well). Apart from that, I really enjoyed hearing the familliar voices (at the few times the ambience was streamed).

dmosc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, that's a good point. And here I was thinking I had left the mic on too long!

I did enjoy the chatroom especially on friday when Jan was around. Also I'm proud we had a great video interview which I easdropped on form the beer room. Also, there was a great case when the lecturer (seth) finished and came over to the streaming room and answered some questions from those who were on.

I think it would be a natural fit for the community to have even more of an online component to the festival, especially as the community is so worldwide that we're never going to have everyone be able to make it.

Last edited by dmosc on Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jason

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hear Hear!!! cheers Razz bigsmurf brilsmurf sunny
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good feedback. The lectures were probably the biggest problem. My fault we didn't brief the speakers on using the mic and providing the slides before the event.

Streaming concerts is a new art, at least for me. I really enjoyed tieing in people who were all around the world. It expanded my experience. Too bad most of the other attendees didn't share this. We got a few people at the event to get on the chat room, but it was not the norm.

Interestingly, the best sound was listening to the input signal on the headphones. I most cases it was better than the PA sound. (The lectures being the exception. A couple of headset mics might solve that problem in the future though.)

synthblock

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I listened to the stream on Friday and Sunday. I was surprised at how good the sound quality was. It was also nice to hear some of the ambient applause after each piece.
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the speakers should have a lavalier mike. Ofcourse care must be taken to avoid feedback if they move around. An alternative would be some short shotgun mikes pointed toward the speakers (the people giving the lecture or demo).
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
chellcgirl007

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

woo hoo
Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: