electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Orbital Decay
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
sounds_of_impermanence

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject:  Orbital Decay
Subject description: Reactions to Last Night's Performance
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This was a truly dazzling display of the possibilities of sound and visuals...Hats off to an incredible performance....As Terry accurately said just before lift-off "fasten your seatbelts." By the end, however, I think the sheer deep space-fractal-bliss of it all snapped my lap belt in two!

Razz

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

-Ben Fleury-Steiner
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After a long ride back Sunday, I was able to catch the last several hours of EM06 on the shoutcast stream. Orbital Decay was incredible.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cosmosonic Haiku

Absolutely amazing show.

Hats off!
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, the music and video is as well integrated as I have seen in any performance. You can get all of Orbital Decay's CDs on electro-music.com.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vostek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A journey of infinite proportions!
Orbital Decay's performance was so heavy, I was forced to look away at the screen at some points because of the sheer intensity of the synchronicity and sacred patterns. I literally would start uncontrollably shaking unless I looked away sometimes. They showed, through organic (pictures of tree branches) and ideal (pure fractal math) apporaches, an incredibly large range of fractal dimensions, from sparse to gnarly to downright hairy. When synaesthetically paired with carefully composed music that would ascend to a new tonal level at regular intervals, the experience as a whole felt very profound. I think Orbital Decay's message is that we are becoming one with the Universe. As cliche as that may sound, they really make it feel like the truth. The descent into chaos...
The experience also gave me new insight into the fractal nature of the Universe. Somewhere in the middle of their set I exclaimed "Whos to say the Universe isn't one big sphere?" With the fractal nature of things, one can see a representation of the root by the looking at the children. If everything around us, the stars and planets, a drop of water floating in zero-gravity, and molecular formations all coalesce to a spherical state naturally, wouldn't that mean the Universe maintatins a spherical state as well? The Universe just looks endless because of the way the light wraps around.
Anyway that was just one thing that Orbital Decay inspired me to ponder.
utenzil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really enjoyed this, wonderful imagery and coordination thereof. One of my favorites was the fractal display where one curved section was "leaching" little bits of itself to another branch, like watching neurotransmitters in motion. As for the music, perfect flow and transtions, beautiful wash and textures, solos well played and intertwined. World class ambient peace love beauty chill.
Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did notice one thing as a carry over of the aftermath of the Orbital Decay show.
To my embarrassment, I, and dare I say, we, did not give them the standing ovation they so richly deserved.

Then I realized...Stunned monkeys do not stand.

I think I was just so awed by presentation and performance, that I forgot my manners.

To Orbital Decay, Please do not take this lack of accolade to indicate in any way, less of an appreciation for the show.

I was shocked into silence

Applause almost seemed a cheap sacrilege in the face of what you had given us.

Mea Culpa.
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: